ImageImageImage

Snoop Dogg in legal fight with MLSE over marijuana product line

Moderator: Crowned

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Snoop Dogg in legal fight with MLSE over marijuana product line 

Post#1 » by sule » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:33 am

The Toronto Maple Leafs’ parent company is locked in a legal battle with rapper Snoop Dogg over his bid to trademark Leafs By Snoop, the musician’s new line of marijuana products.

Snoop, whose given name is Calvin Broadus Jr., filed a trademark application for Leafs By Snoop, with the U.S. Trademark and Patent Office in November. His logo features the slogan in white lettering over top of a seven-leaf green plant, according to his trademark application, which was obtained by TSN.

Snoop said he planned to use the logo on products such as cigarette lighters.

Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment filed an opposition to Snoop’s logo on June 8, asking the Alexandria, Va.-based trademark office for more time to detail its opposition

http://www.tsn.ca/snoop-dogg-in-legal-fight-with-mlse-over-marijuana-product-line-1.512291
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Re: Snoop Dogg in legal fight with MLSE over marijuana product line 

Post#2 » by metafisical » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:49 pm

I don't agree with MLSE on this. Did MLSE sue the Canadian Raptor Conservancy? http://www.canadianraptorconservancy.com/
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Post#3 » by North_of_Border » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:07 pm

It's not the Maple Leaf logo in my view but more the use of he name "Leaf". You can't tell me that someone from the Snoop camp got that inspiration from the Maple Leafs name. "LEAFS" is not a word. It's an original copyrighted phrase by MLSE....... anyway I agree this is rediculous. MLS should move on.

Though here is the problem. Years down the line, if Snoop's company takes off, the name Leafs will be attached to the Marijuana trade... And the Leafs. Do the Leafs want to be associated with a Weed company? The connection will be there and once it takes off, it will be too late to fight it by then
Ipsofact0
Senior
And1: 529

Post#4 » by Ipsofact0 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:17 pm

North_of_Border wrote:It's not the Maple Leaf logo in my view but more the use of he name "Leaf". You can't tell me that someone from the Snoop camp got that inspiration from the Maple Leafs name. "LEAFS" is not a word. It's an original copyrighted phrase by MLSE....... anyway I agree this is rediculous. MLS should move on.

Though here is the problem. Years down the line, if Snoop's company takes off, the name Leafs will be attached to the Marijuana trade... And the Leafs. Do the Leafs want to be associated with a Weed company? The connection will be there and once it takes off, it will be too late to fight it by then

Why wouldn't they want to be associated with a weed company? it's 2017 and business is booming
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,634

Post#5 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 am

Snoop Dogg Teams With The NHL To Host A New YouTube Series ‘Hockey 101 With Snoop Dogg’

tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Post#6 » by tosi » Wed Jul 4, 2018 5:34 pm

metafisical wrote:I don't agree with MLSE on this. Did MLSE sue the Canadian Raptor Conservancy? http://www.canadianraptorconservancy.com/

This can't be a serious post.. If it is.. good grief you need to use your brain more.
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,544

Post#7 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jul 6, 2018 2:07 pm

should of named it Tea leaves by snoop
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#8 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm

MLSE should consider the free publicity. The jokes would add to the already tapped out lexicon. The Leafs are not a team they are Marijuana product. Anyone gettin high on the Leafs? You must be smokin' Leafs. The Leafs are smokin'. The PK will be the BuzzKill. Tonight's Snoop Dog first star selection is Garrett Sparks.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,875

Post#9 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:49 pm

North_of_Border wrote:It's not the Maple Leaf logo in my view but more the use of he name "Leaf". You can't tell me that someone from the Snoop camp got that inspiration from the Maple Leafs name. "LEAFS" is not a word. It's an original copyrighted phrase by MLSE....... anyway I agree this is rediculous. MLS should move on.

There are many good news stories about "weed" consumption and if MLSE is in the moral Stone Age gateway about cannabis then how long before people just dump the Laffs with Cable.
GoodOne
Junior
And1: 422

Post#10 » by GoodOne » Thu Aug 9, 2018 3:26 pm

Maybe MLSE is concerned about the music video Snoop did, which portrays him shooting President Trump. I don't care if Snoop agrees with Trump's policies or not, but who the hell puts out a video showing an attempted assassination of a president. What an a**hole! JFK must be rolling around in his grave.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs