ImageImageImage

Beauchemin traded back to Anaheim; The Munster next?

Moderator: Crowned

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Beauchemin traded back to Anaheim; The Munster next? 

Post#21 » by sh00n » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 am

bryant08 wrote:
sh00n wrote:
darth_federer wrote:The Monster isnt going to be traded. He just got yanked from the Marlies game for a heart problem. If the problem isnt serious you ll see a Reimer/Gustavsson tandem next year

I dunno about that. They said the reason it didn't go down today is because more teams phoned Burkie and put in offers. Otherwise he was off to Detroit or NYI. It makes sense; Detroit wanted him before he signed with the Leafs and the Islanders' goalie situation is pathetic right now.

Who said that? Everything I've seen is related to the elevated heart rate and said that he was pulled for precautionary reasons. Unless someone overpays, the Leafs don't have a lot to gain and a lot to lose by moving Gustavsson.

Few guys on Twitter - and they're not BSers. They've broken a few trades before even TSN got a hold of them. They never mentioned the heart thing, so I don't know about that, but they did say a trade was really close to coming down. Dreger is basically the biggest Leafs homer and he's the most connected to the Leafs organization on the TSN panel and he was the one saying it was really close.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#22 » by YogiStewart » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:14 am

you don't increase a goalie's trade value by creating a lie about his heart when he has a history of heart issues.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#23 » by ontnut » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm at an indifferent/happy area regarding this trade.
We really don't know what we're getting so in that regard, I'm indifferent, as all returning pieces are prospects/reclamation projects who may turn out to be zilch.
But I'm happy because we got rid of nothing and have the potential to get back something.

Beauchemin was a huge disappointment for me, not as bad as Komisarek, but in line with a Kubina/Gill.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs