ImageImageImage

Leafs Preseason Discussion

Moderator: Crowned

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Re: Leafs Preseason Discussion 

Post#41 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Oct 6, 2011 1:44 pm

Looks like most of the prognostications have us 9th to 11th. It kind of sucks that two of our big off-season acquisitions won't be in the line-up tonight, one because he's injury prone and the other because he apparently isn't better than Komisarek. I'm looking forward to this season because either we'll be good and I'll finally have a reason to cheer for these guys, or they'll be bad and it'll be amazing to watch Burke lose it. In a short span we went from "Blue and White disease" and every game is a tryout to only a few roster spots up for grabs. We went from top 6 skill/bottom 6 pick and shovel to "3 scoring lines!" The coach is on the hot seat, the goalie is untested and comes without good pedigree, their captain makes the most mental mistakes on the team, their high-priced scorer is now considered a second-liner, and their high-priced enforcer can't crack the opening night line-up. There's a lot of things that need to go well just to make 8th.
Brew666
Junior
And1: 22

Post#42 » by Brew666 » Thu Oct 6, 2011 7:40 pm

Pretty excited to see what the Leafs can do this year. Lots of interesting storylines, let just hope there's more positives to talk about at the end of the season then negatives.

Making the playoffs isn't a must for me this year (Though I'm sure Wilson and BB don't feel the same). They're a borderline team and making the playoffs should be close, regardless. I'm more interested in some of the development, like Kulemin, the rookies, Reimer, Phaneuf, Schenn, Lombardi, etc. I'm dying for playoff hockey and it's pathetic it's been this long but it won't be the determining whether or not this season will be a failure or pass in my eyes.

I see it as an improved team and it looks like the franchise is making steps in the right direction.

OT: Funny how we go out and get Steckel to be a big body in the middle and win faceoffs, then put him on the wing. I'm sure it's temporary but it is somewhat comedic. And also, it seems that everyone within the Leafs organizatin has been saying how he'll improve the PK but by the sounds of it, he's slow and big so against a PP that's going to moving the puck a lot, he's going to be useless. Anyone have an idea how he really is?

No Raps as of yet, so maybe the Leafs board can pick up a bit.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#43 » by darth_federer » Fri Oct 7, 2011 3:08 am

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs