ImageImageImage

Leafs trade in the works?

Moderator: Crowned

Nickleman4
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1 » by Nickleman4 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:17 am

Leafs Ducks trade expected to be announced in the next 72 hours, just read on twitter. Who do you think the swap will contain.

*edited title, since there's zero information that shows that a possible trade would take place with the Ducks. Yogi*
Bein Bous Since 91.
leafsfan89
Freshman

Re: Leafs Ducks Trade 

Post#2 » by leafsfan89 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 pm

Leafs/Ducks are suppose to trade in the next 72 hours? or just that the leafs are supposed to trade (with anyone) in the next 72 hours?

Who's twitter? I'm not surprised though, I can just feel the trade coming soon. I'm glad its with the ducks because hopefully it contains one of getzlaf, perry or ryan lol. Imagine if leafs traded for Jason Blake!!
"Yes they deserved to die, and i hope they burn in hell!"
TR50
General Manager
And1: 1,211

Post#3 » by TR50 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 am

Gardiner recalled...to me that hints deal.
Nickleman4
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Nickleman4 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Hopefully this deal actually happens doubt Gardiners actually in the deal back to Anaheim lol.
Bein Bous Since 91.
Nickleman4
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Nickleman4 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Nazem Kadri is a healthy scratch tonight, Luke Schenn may be as well. Could be something happening on the trade front.
Bein Bous Since 91.
leafsfan89
Freshman

Re: Leafs trade in the works? 

Post#6 » by leafsfan89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Nickleman4 wrote:Nazem Kadri is a healthy scratch tonight, Luke Schenn may be as well. Could be something happening on the trade front.

Yea that is some cause for speculation. However I read a tweet (i think it was james duthie or i think darren millard) that read Burke states NK isn`t going anywhere. Now I dont know if he meant Nik Kulemin or Nazem Kadri lol but I`m going to go and think he said Kadri. I think these guys that are getting healthy scratched is because of too many healthy bodies. Leafs are looking to bring a more physical game tonight against the sens and maybe throw them off or slow their tempo so they inserted Rosehill to get in those big hits.
Nickleman4
Ballboy

Post#7 » by Nickleman4 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 am

True say, Rosey could also be in there to keep Carkner, Neil, and Konopka from doing whatever they want to lol, and as for the Kadri statement from Burke i just heard that from the pre game chatter. What i read on twitter could have been wrong and I'm sorry for getting everyones hopes up haha. I was excited...GO BROWN!!!!!!!!!!!.....Hopefully some of these "rumors" come together and something forms.
Bein Bous Since 91.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#8 » by whysoserious » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 am

If the Leafs could land one of Perry, Getzlaf or Ryan that would be pretty significant. Not sure they can and not sure Anaheim moves those guys with the team playing a bit better.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#9 » by YogiStewart » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 am

whysoserious wrote:If the Leafs could land one of Perry, Getzlaf or Ryan that would be pretty significant. Not sure they can and not sure Anaheim moves those guys with the team playing a bit better.

Anaheim sources claim its Bobby Ryan that they're after
leafsfan89
Freshman

Post#10 » by leafsfan89 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:02 am

Now apparently Ryan Miller could be on the market, hes been having a bad year, buffalo doesn't look like it will make the playoffs this year. Maybe a change of scenery for Miller? Toronto maybe? I would much rather burke get Miller than Getzlaf or Ryan. I might sound crazy, but i think its the goaltending that needs to be absolutely secured first and foremost going into the future. Truthfully we got lucky Reimer played so well last season and gave some hope. Gustavsson has been on and off. Instead of getting the number 1 centre it would be great if we could get a number one goalie!
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#11 » by _venom_ » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:37 am

leafsfan89 wrote:Now apparently Ryan Miller could be on the market, hes been having a bad year, buffalo doesn't look like it will make the playoffs this year. Maybe a change of scenery for Miller? Toronto maybe? I would much rather burke get Miller than Getzlaf or Ryan. I might sound crazy, but i think its the goaltending that needs to be absolutely secured first and foremost going into the future. Truthfully we got lucky Reimer played so well last season and gave some hope. Gustavsson has been on and off. Instead of getting the number 1 centre it would be great if we could get a number one goalie!

There's zero chance that Buffalo trades Miller within the division to us and secondly I'm very against paying a goaltender the kind of money that Miller makes. He's not worth it. I'd rather be spending 6 million on a top 6 forward.
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#12 » by Ducksplatt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 am

Geez, does anyone have any links to all of these "rumours"?
You cab link to a tweet if need be.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe
- Albert Einstein
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Speculation- Leafs trade in the works? 

Post#13 » by Crowned » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:36 am

Edited the title.

Guys, we need links.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#14 » by YogiStewart » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 pm

_venom_ wrote:
leafsfan89 wrote:Now apparently Ryan Miller could be on the market, hes been having a bad year, buffalo doesn't look like it will make the playoffs this year. Maybe a change of scenery for Miller? Toronto maybe? I would much rather burke get Miller than Getzlaf or Ryan. I might sound crazy, but i think its the goaltending that needs to be absolutely secured first and foremost going into the future. Truthfully we got lucky Reimer played so well last season and gave some hope. Gustavsson has been on and off. Instead of getting the number 1 centre it would be great if we could get a number one goalie!

There's zero chance that Buffalo trades Miller within the division to us and secondly I'm very against paying a goaltender the kind of money that Miller makes. He's not worth it. I'd rather be spending 6 million on a top 6 forward.

The Buffalo rumour is two-fold:

1. Miller's lady lives in California, so he wants to go there
2. He fears that she's skanking around, so he wants to go there

One or both are true. So the belief is that he wants to go closer to the west coast. Toronto ain't closer.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Crowned » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:41 am

I'd trade ANYTHING Buffalo wanted for Miller.
Nickleman4
Ballboy

Post#16 » by Nickleman4 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 am

Id trade almost anything, He would certainly be an upgrade over what we have, He is going to get his game back.
Bein Bous Since 91.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#17 » by whysoserious » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 am

Crowned wrote:I'd trade ANYTHING Buffalo wanted for Miller.

I don't know about that, I'd rather trade assets to solidify a number 1 centre. You can find solid goalies on the open market, but top tier Centers don't hit the open market often.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Crowned » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

whysoserious wrote:
Crowned wrote:I'd trade ANYTHING Buffalo wanted for Miller.

I don't know about that, I'd rather trade assets to solidify a number 1 centre. You can find solid goalies on the open market, but top tier Centers don't hit the open market often.

I agree with that, but it's no guarantee the market is going to open up for a top center. If someone like Statsny or Getzlaf becomes available, then absolutely. If they don't, and a guy like Ryan Miller becomes available, I'd throw a ton at Buffalo and hope they bite. I don't see many others available, unless teams want assets for their young guys like Harding, Bernier or Rask.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#19 » by andyo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Not a fan of trading for Miller, not only is he declining but Toronto has a horrible track record with trading for goalies. Rask, Raycroft? I'd rather use our assets toward a more physical presence on our top 6, preferably a center, we are getting pushed around way too much.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Crowned » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 am

Miller is hardly declining, nor does Burke have any track record with trading goaltenders in Toronto. There's certainly no point in trading for a forward, when we have Jonas Gustavsson starting every game. If we go into the playoffs with him in net, we'll get swept in the first round.

I'm not saying Miller should be our first target, but definitely an option...if he's available.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs