ImageImageImage

Grabovski bought out

Moderator: Crowned

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Re: Grabovski bought out 

Post#21 » by ATLTimekeeper » Thu Jul 4, 2013 10:47 pm

You know it's a bad move when Damien Cox sings its praises. Grabbo fired some shots at Carlyle.
JDP
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by JDP » Fri Jul 5, 2013 12:06 am

Not a fan of the move really Burke panicked and gave Grabovski bad contract but he did give it his all for this team.

I actually think Grabo had a bit of a right to gripe about the way he was used last season but we are moving forward I guess I'll be seriously pissed if his absence leads to Weiss or Bozak over a real no. 1 centre.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,929

Post#23 » by Ado05 » Fri Jul 5, 2013 1:26 am

Grabo not pleased with Carlyle or being bought out.

Jonas Siegel @jonasTSN1050
Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here."

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

Pretty true though. Grabo shouldve been in a scoring role, but wasnt. Dont know what Carlyle was thinking.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,461
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#24 » by SharoneWright » Fri Jul 5, 2013 3:57 pm

LOVED Garbo... Dude actually gave a crap and played like it. I don't blame him at all for laying into RC for playing him with a bunch of grinders on the 3rd or 4th line and expecting any kind of production from him.

Ya, he's slightly overpaid, but I betcha as un UFA he'd get a pretty similar deal this offseason... If this move is simply to lock up Bozak for the next umpteen years, then that's pretty awful. I'm with Yogi, amnesty Lyles, who is old and redundant on this team.

Just watch Detroit snap up Garbo and add to their success...
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 31,891

Post#25 » by G R E Y » Sun Jul 7, 2013 5:29 pm

Adrian_05 wrote:Grabo not pleased with Carlyle or being bought out.

Just got off the phone with Grabovski: "Of course I feel [expletive] sad, I played [expletive] five years here."

Grabovski had some pretty blistering remarks toward Leafs coach Randy Carlyle. Called him a "stupid coach" among other things.

Pretty true though. Grabo shouldve been in a scoring role, but wasnt. Dont know what Carlyle was thinking.

Yeah it seemed almost like he was set up to fail. He didn't produce as well as he was expected to, and made the most of the grinder/pest role, played with tons of heart. You need players like that on your team. Still it was expensive to keep him on the 3rd line, so I think he should have been given more of a chance to produce on O. We got Clarkson on a LONG deal, and re-signed Bozak plus the Bolland trade. We'll see how much better it makes us. Clarkson statistically was not that great and got a long term contract for one good year but was it an anomaly? We'll see.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#26 » by J-Roc » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:47 pm

SharoneWright wrote:LOVED Garbo...

Hmm, Fredian slip. Garbo, now Grabo.....

I always thought he could be more, but he wasn't. We'll miss his speed though. Can never overestimate speed and how it causes turnovers and whatnot. But changing out Grabo for Clarkson isn't a bad idea on the ice.
Toni
Junior
And1: 246

Post#27 » by Toni » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 am

Just signed a one year $3 million dollar deal with Washington.
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Post#28 » by Crowned » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:46 pm

Not a bad deal at all for Washington. I have a feeling he'll have a bounce back year there.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs