ImageImageImage

Leaf's next captain?

Moderator: Crowned

416General
Ballboy
And1: 5

Leaf's next captain? 

Post#1 » by 416General » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:43 pm

With news of our captain being traded to the Senators in a nine-player deal today, who will be the next captain for our squad?

Here are a few candidates.

Tyler Bozak
already dons the "A," so it's not much of a stretch to see a promotion in his future. With 21 helpers this season, the centre is tied with the departing captain for the team assist lead and is second in scoring with 31 points.

Morgan Rielly is highly touted as a core part of Toronto's future. The 21-year-old is the club's strongest blue-liner, but would the pressure be too much, too soon for the young star?

Leo Komarov
, who leads the team in scoring with 33 points, is another candidate. Despite the Leafs' dismal season, the centre has already passed last year's points total in his best campaign to date.

Joffrey Lupul has been plagued by injury throughout his Leafs tenure, but the veteran winger is one of the few remaining players that brings experience to the squad.

James van Riemsdyk
would likely lead the team in scoring were it not for a fractured foot that will see him miss two months. The winger is generally regarded as one of Toronto's few "untouchable" pieces.

I think Leo Komarov would be a good fit for the leafs next captain, he's a solid play whose been getting it.
jim todd
Sixth Man
And1: 370

Re: Leaf's next captain? 

Post#2 » by jim todd » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:32 am

Stamkos
Crowned
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 154

Re: Leaf's next captain? 

Post#3 » by Crowned » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:40 am

Off the current roster, it's slim pickings. I'd probably go with Komorov ot Reilly if I had to pick. We don't know what these guys are like in the room or if they're vocal on the ice/bench.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs