ImageImageImage

Leafs Trade Matthias to Avs for pick/prospect

Moderator: Crowned

Mike Hunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Leafs Trade Matthias to Avs for pick/prospect 

Post#1 » by Mike Hunt » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:05 pm

While this forum's a bit dead. I feel like trying to be a semi-regular contributor and part of that is to try to make it feel like a real forum (not seeing stories from 2012 on the first page). So even though it's a couple days late, I'm giving this trade (and hopefully others as the deadline approaches), it's own thread.

I happen to think that this may be the most important 2-3 year stretch for the Leafs in the past 20 years. A team that has never been allowed to rebuild properly, is finally giving it a go.

Matthias was a competent player. But getting an AHLer and a 4th round pick for him at this point, as meager as it might seem, is absolutely fine with me.

It's a refreshing change from when Cliff Fletcher came in to start a rebuild, immediately trading a 3rd round pick and saying something along the lines of: "3rd round picks almost never amount to anything" (which while half true is a scary thing to hear from any GM, especially one heading into a rebuild).

This management team not only values picks, but they also seem very confident that they can make the most of them.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Re: Leafs Trade Matthias to Avs for pick/prospect 

Post#2 » by CPT » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:50 am

Outside of a handful of players, any time I see Leafs trade ________ for picks/prospects, I'm going to be happy.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs