ImageImageImage

Leafs acquire G Frederik Anderson from Anaheim

Moderator: Crowned

sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Leafs acquire G Frederik Anderson from Anaheim 

Post#1 » by sule » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:35 am

Anaheim acquired the 30th overall selection in Friday’s draft and a second-round choice in 2017 for Andersen. He has shared the Ducks’ crease with John Gibson for parts of the past two years, including most of last season.

With Andersen playing in 43 games and Gibson appearing in 40, the goalies combined to earn the Jennings Trophy for the NHL’s lowest goals-against average. But with two starter-caliber netminders expecting paychecks and playing time commensurate with their abilities, Ducks general manager Bob Murray knew his embarrassment of goaltending riches couldn’t last.

Andersen, the first Danish goalie in NHL history, is 77-26-12 with a 2.33 GAA and a .918 save percentage in the regular season. He became the fastest goalie to win 25 games in league history, and he matched Bill Durnan’s 1944 record as the fastest goalie to 50 victories.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/20/ducks-trade-g-andersen-to-maple-leafs-for-2-draft-/
North_of_Border
Pro Prospect
And1: 369

Re: Leafs acquire G Frederik Anderson from Anaheim 

Post#2 » by North_of_Border » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:02 pm

He put up elite numbers with the Ducks but unless the Leafs can put up a decent defense in front of him next season, he will struggle. The whole system has to improve and be responsible like the group he had in Anaheim.

I say this because, sometimes goalies can be over rated as they are in a good defensive system. Like Bernier or Scrivins in their short LA Kings tenure.

Andersen does have Amazing raw talent though. Leafs just have to support him.
Mike Hunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 37

Post#3 » by Mike Hunt » Wed Jul 6, 2016 10:00 pm

I know this isn't a bad move, but it feels like its a year early. It felt a little bit rushed (a la Kessel). It's a move a GM makes when they think they're close to being a playoff team and I would have liked to have seen the team keep all of their picks through 2017 and then start moving assets.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,212

Post#4 » by LLJ » Thu Jul 7, 2016 3:18 pm

I don't think Bernier's potential was overrated. I do think being in a losing environment made him slack though.

Return to Toronto Maple Leafs