Get the brooms out, boys!

Moderator: Crowned

j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Re: Get the brooms out, boys! 

Post#21 » by j127 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 am

TTown wrote:It's more of a cult thing here, fandom isn't widespread but those that are get really into it. I live in Oregon, and it's primarily Shark territory. The WHL is semi-big here because of the Winterhawks up in Portland.

Well, it's awesome that you're a Canucks fan. I hope your dedication is rewarded with a Stanley Cup so you can rub it into your Sharks friends! :P ;)
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#22 » by NashtyNas » Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 am

Well boy's she was a ride yonith! FINALS WOIOOOOOOOO

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by j127 » Wed May 25, 2011 5:02 am

I was glued to the TV screen. Ugly but WONDERFUL goal by Bieksa. What a messed up bounce, but I'll take it.

What a sweet, sweet moment.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#24 » by NashtyNas » Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 am

Ugly, but he was the only one that knew what was going on and put an end to the double OT madness. Wow, now that I'm sobered a bit and I read my last post, I realized I probably should refrain from posting or texting while intoxicated. :lol:

Who's up next!?

Timmy T or Rolly? Who we gonna destroy!

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#25 » by TTown » Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm

sd1306 wrote:TTown, no offense but could I ask you something? How come your a Canucks fan in Sharks territory? Just curious, must be a fun rivalry between you and your friends.

I hate almost everything that has to do with California, most notably their sports teams. If I didn't root for the Canucks I just wouldn't watch hockey, rooting for San Jose just isn't an option for me. :)
ImageImageImageImage
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#26 » by breaker91 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 pm

Hey I'll join the party. I went to grad school in Victoria and started rooting for the Canucks while living there in 1994. I've been in Portland since 2000 and they are a few Canucks fans, but geography dictates fandom here as well. I know there are a lot of Detroit fans here, but that's because nobody who grew up in Detroit lives in Detroit anymore.

I can't wait until next Wednesday. I don't care who they play let's just get this thing going.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#27 » by gojoorange » Sat May 28, 2011 4:12 am

Every once in a while I stop by this forum to see if there is any activity, I think this is the most I've ever seen HA. Going to be a great finals I think. My condo is next to Rogers Arena and I'm curious how loud it's going to get after a win. Game 7 after beating Chicago, and the last game against San Jose were pretty rowdy.
NashtyNas
RealGM

Post#28 » by NashtyNas » Sat May 28, 2011 5:17 am

gojoorange wrote:Every once in a while I stop by this forum to see if there is any activity, I think this is the most I've ever seen HA. Going to be a great finals I think. My condo is next to Rogers Arena and I'm curious how loud it's going to get after a win. Game 7 after beating Chicago, and the last game against San Jose were pretty rowdy.

It will be nothing compared to what will happen if we win the first two games at home. I think it's going to be an exciting experience if you live in the city because everyones going crazy, plus the fact that we won the Olympics last year and to possibly bring the cup home this year would just be unreal. The police have stepped up and said they aren't going to play around with all the crowds leaking into the streets and young punks a la moi causing trouble, but hell you can't blame us; after years of disappointment and heartbreak, we're actually looking like we might go somewhere, and we want to celebrate and enjoy every moment!

gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by gojoorange » Sat May 28, 2011 5:40 am

sd1306 wrote:
gojoorange wrote:Every once in a while I stop by this forum to see if there is any activity, I think this is the most I've ever seen HA. Going to be a great finals I think. My condo is next to Rogers Arena and I'm curious how loud it's going to get after a win. Game 7 after beating Chicago, and the last game against San Jose were pretty rowdy.

It will be nothing compared to what will happen if we win the first two games at home. I think it's going to be an exciting experience if you live in the city because everyones going crazy, plus the fact that we won the Olympics last year and to possibly bring the cup home this year would just be unreal. The police have stepped up and said they aren't going to play around with all the crowds leaking into the streets and young punks a la moi causing trouble, but hell you can't blame us; after years of disappointment and heartbreak, we're actually looking like we might go somewhere, and we want to celebrate and enjoy every moment!

I can't even imagine how crowded Granville will be if they win games 1 and 2!
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by j127 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:26 pm

I lived in a building at Cambie and Robson (one or two buildings west of Robson), so I had a first hand look at the BC Lions crowd coming out of BC Place Stadium. I was also in downtown when Canada's men hockey team won the gold medal.

If Vancouver wins games #1 and #2 and/or wins the Stanley Cup, I'm sure it will be much louder than even that.

Does anyone want to buy me a plane ticket and one night's hotel stay in Vancouver for the night they win the Stanley Cup?

*crickets*
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by gojoorange » Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

terryoh wrote:I lived in a building at Cambie and Robson (one or two buildings west of Robson), so I had a first hand look at the BC Lions crowd coming out of BC Place Stadium. I was also in downtown when Canada's men hockey team won the gold medal.

If Vancouver wins games #1 and #2 and/or wins the Stanley Cup, I'm sure it will be much louder than even that.

Does anyone want to buy me a plane ticket and one night's hotel stay in Vancouver for the night they win the Stanley Cup?

*crickets*

Haha you definitely need to get out here, try starting a donation fund on the Raptors board. :)

Return to Vancouver Canucks