And1: 4,197

Stanley Cup Finals: Canucks vs. Bruins 

Post#1 » by LittleOzzy » Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 am

bballsparkin
RealGM
And1: 7,497

Re: Stanley Cup Finals: Canucks vs. Bruins 

Post#2 » by bballsparkin » Sat May 28, 2011 2:48 am

Canucks in 7. This is the match up I wanted back in the fall. Go Canucks!
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Post#3 » by s e n s i » Sat May 28, 2011 3:11 am

perfect. two of my most hated teams, this one is a toss up. do i cheer for the original six rival representing a city that's had it's success in all leagues the past 5-10 years, or do i cheer for the left coast canadian rival, a city that will gloat in the collective faces of leafs nation with a cup win. decisions, decisions.

**** you vancouver. hope the sedin sisters get swept into oblivion. i don't believe in bringing the cup 'back where it belongs'. it belongs in one place (and i'll be fair, maybe two places - assuming the idea that the title of 'center of the hockey universe' is debatable).

edit* sh*t i thought this was in the leafs board. oh well consider it trolling
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
MLSE
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by MLSE » Sat May 28, 2011 3:16 am

chocolateSensi wrote:perfect. two of my most hated teams, this one is a toss up. do i cheer for the original six rival representing a city that's had it's success in all leagues the past 5-10 years, or do i cheer for the left coast canadian rival, a city that will gloat in the collective faces of leafs nation with a cup win. decisions, decisions.

**** you vancouver. hope the sedin sisters get swept into oblivion. i don't believe in bringing the cup 'back where it belongs'. it belongs in one place (and i'll be fair, maybe two places - assuming the idea that the title of 'center of the hockey universe' is debatable).

Agree fully, f Vancouver... their the better team but I`ll be going for the Bruins.

And I Also dont buy the whole `bring it back to where it belongs`, the league is filled with majority Canadians, it finds its way around Canada every year.
breaker91
Starter
And1: 1

Post#5 » by breaker91 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 am

Wow, I think Toronto is the center of the bitterness universe, but then again with sorry *ss excuses known as the Raps and the Leafs I'd be bitter against any other successful franchise as well.

CANUCKS in 6.
"The brownies are good for me to make three-points.'' -Rudy Fernandez
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#6 » by bballsparkin » Sat May 28, 2011 3:37 am

Mental note, chocolatesensi is a ***** ;). And I can handle someone with a user name MLSE dissing. LOL
MLSE
Banned User

Post#7 » by MLSE » Sat May 28, 2011 3:41 am

breaker91 wrote:Wow, I think Toronto is the center of the bitterness universe, but then again with sorry *ss excuses known as the Raps and the Leafs I'd be bitter against any other successful franchise as well.

CANUCKS in 6.

Boston is more successful though? Vancouver up to this point has been Toronto West.

I guess you don't know Vancouver fans very well.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#8 » by MLSE » Sat May 28, 2011 3:45 am

bballsparkin wrote:Mental note, chocolatesensi is a ***** ;). And I can handle someone with a user name MLSE dissing. LOL

The worst fans in hockey I find are Leafs fans (my team) and Vancouver fans. So I don't really want to hear it from Canucks fans. In general they act like their the best when they lose, if they win all hell breaks loose.
RocLaFamilia
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#9 » by RocLaFamilia » Sat May 28, 2011 4:00 am

YESS DRAFT PICKS FOR TORONTO!!

And GO CANADA, by default that means you Vancouver.
dacrusha wrote:
In 2009, when Wright asked a Colorado judge to intervene, Weems didn’t even bother sending a lawyer to court.

Since when does Weems bring any kind of defense to the court anyway?
bballsparkin
RealGM

Post#10 » by bballsparkin » Sat May 28, 2011 4:18 am

MLSE wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:Mental note, chocolatesensi is a ***** ;). And I can handle someone with a user name MLSE dissing. LOL

The worst fans in hockey I find are Leafs fans (my team) and Vancouver fans. So I don't really want to hear it from Canucks fans. In general they act like their the best when they lose, if they win all hell breaks loose.

Well if you look north of your post you'll notice this is the Canucks forum so keep it in mind. As a Canuck fan I make fun of Leaf fans because so many have unreal expectations. The Leafs win 3 games in a row and and Kessle scores 4: championship!

But I know where you're coming from. A friend taught me that. I was venting about the dumb things Leafs fans say, yada yada, she doesn't care. Finally she says, you mean like Canuck fans. Lol, she taught me there.

Anyway, I change my mind. I like Canucks in 6. Makem cry in Boston.
MLSE
Banned User

Post#11 » by MLSE » Sat May 28, 2011 4:50 am

I think this got redirected? For some reason I was in this thread but only post in the Raptors forum....
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#12 » by The Duke » Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 am

Go Vancouver, hope you can takecare of Bruins.

If the Toronto wants a Cup, they better win an Olympics bid 1st :D
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#13 » by j127 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:01 pm

I hope a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup every season, especially Vancouver or Toronto.

Go Canucks. It'll mke all my dreams come true.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#14 » by whoknows » Sat May 28, 2011 2:18 pm

Where is LittleOzzy when we need him to lock non-Raps/non-basketball related posts, that have a separate forum? :wink:

As Jack Armstrong would say:
Get (move/lock) this garbage out of Raps board!
breaker91
Starter

Post#15 » by breaker91 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:34 pm

MLSE wrote:
breaker91 wrote:Wow, I think Toronto is the center of the bitterness universe, but then again with sorry *ss excuses known as the Raps and the Leafs I'd be bitter against any other successful franchise as well.

CANUCKS in 6.

Boston is more successful though? Vancouver up to this point has been Toronto West.

I guess you don't know Vancouver fans very well.

Sure they the cup in 1972, but I'd say Vancouver has had more success as a franchise over the past 20 years. And actually you're right. I lived in Victoria in the mid-1990s for a few years and have been in Portland since 2000 so I'm an isolated fan who doesn't have to put up with the worst a fan base as to offer (except when it comes to the Blazers).
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#16 » by gamer4Life » Thu Jun 2, 2011 2:49 am

Yeah everyone in Vancouver hates Toronto. If the Canucks win, Canuck fans will definitely gloat :lol:
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#17 » by gojoorange » Thu Jun 2, 2011 4:18 am

gamer4Life wrote:Yeah everyone in Vancouver hates Toronto. If the Canucks win, Canuck fans will definitely gloat :lol:

Half of Vancouver is from Toronto.
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#18 » by NashtyNas » Thu Jun 2, 2011 10:34 am

Wow, I'm born and bred in Toronto but have lived in Vancouver for years now and to see what the fans say is becoming nuts! We hate you too, Leafs fans.

Game one victory under the belt, only 3 more to go boys!

Nucks in 6? I think so! Would be the best birthday present ever (1306 - 13/06/92 - 13th June, date of the 6th game).

:pray: :pray: :pray:

GO CANUCKS GO!

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
breaker91
Starter

Post#19 » by breaker91 » Thu Jun 2, 2011 4:33 pm

What a great game. I'm very pleased with that win. The game was definitely played to suit Boston's strengths, but it was great to see the Nucks go toe to toe with them and score again with less than 20 seconds left in the 3rd. It was also great to watch a game in Portland, OR where Nucks fans outnumbered Bruins fans 5 to 1.

Also Thomas was frickin amazing last night, but I think the Nucks can beat by being patient. I was pretty much convinced that Boston was going to pull it out starting with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#20 » by TTown » Thu Jun 2, 2011 5:33 pm

I think that game was very reassuring from a Canucks standpoint. Thomas played his best game of the playoffs, and Boston didn't get the win. It seemed (to me) like Boston had a man-up for half the first period, but they couldn't score.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Vancouver Canucks