OT: Vancouver Canucks riot

Moderator: Crowned

Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Re: OT: Vancouver Canucks riot 

Post#101 » by Canucklehead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:44 pm

How does one change their forum name....
RocLaFamilia
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#102 » by RocLaFamilia » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:45 pm

ChronicKerr wrote:CANADIAN ANARCHY!!!

Is it just me or would anyone else kick this kids rear-end?
dacrusha wrote:
In 2009, when Wright asked a Colorado judge to intervene, Weems didn’t even bother sending a lawyer to court.

Since when does Weems bring any kind of defense to the court anyway?
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#103 » by ChronicKerr » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm

RocLaFamilia wrote:

:lol:

It looks like he's the last man standing to me.
Macho
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#104 » by Macho » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:07 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:I approve of anything that makes hockey and Canadian hockey fans look bad.

+1
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#105 » by Waylon Mercy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That pic is Hilarious!!!
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#106 » by alivinglegend » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:11 pm

C_Money wrote:To the people defending the riots in Toronto. The G20 summit happens every year and most places have peaceful protests. They don't go balls out and start tearing the city down.

Completely untrue, there have only been 4 of them and yes, there are protests like the ones in Toronto during all of them.
Jamario Moon Trancends Time And Space
Canucklehead
Veteran

Post#107 » by Canucklehead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:41 pm

RocLaFamilia wrote:

no it's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo. I'd rip it out of his hands and beat him with it along with all the other morons running around with gigantic smiles on there faces after there team not only lost but random people are being attacked for no good reason at all.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#108 » by J Dilla » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:51 pm

I would've supported the cops if they gave these dumbasses a good beating. A bullet or two really disciplines people. Fire rubber bullets next time. Beat the **** out of them with billy clubs.
Mattd97
Head Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#109 » by Mattd97 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:55 pm

J-Roc wrote:I have a feeling people will get charged when they're identified on video, but with our weakass system, they'll get off. Just cause a guy runs onto a burning car doesn't mean he set it on fire. There will be all kinds of loopholes for hooligans to get off.

the riot act says its a crime, punishable by up to a life in prison, to just be at a riot. when police say its a riot, and tell you to leave, it becomes a criminal offence to be there unless its your home or business.

and to the ppl saying they support anything that makes hockey and canadian hockey fans look bad, youre morons. boo hoo you dont like hockey, get over it.
vergogna wrote:- game starts at 3.50
- nice passing at 4.15
- BARGS REBOUND at 4.47
- BARGS REBOUND (almost) at 6.23
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,546

Post#110 » by s e n s i » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 pm

150000+

soft. toronto or even montreal would destroy this crowd if either team was a win away from the cup.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#111 » by hsb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Fans went downtown to clean up.

Facebook clean up group reaches 8000+: http://mashable.com/2011/06/16/anti-rio ... ook-pages/
More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mauriceli/ ... 839642095/

Vancouver police chief blames Stanley Cup riot on anarchists
Chu said almost 100 people were arrested, and he expects more arrests as the public provide tips, video and photos of what happened.

He said 15 vehicles were set on fire, including two police cars.

The chief referred to those who took part in the riots as "young men and women disguised as Canucks fans who were actually criminals and anarchists. These were people who came equipped with masks, goggles and gasoline, even fire extinguishers that they would use as weapons."

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vanc ... z1PTEX7nUr
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
Canucklehead
Veteran

Post#112 » by Canucklehead » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:02 pm

i'm sure the anarchists were out to incite the riot but there was plenty of "Canuck fans" out there doing there bit egging others on just by the stupid smiles on there faces. I can honestly say I don't think I'd ever get lulled into partaking in a riot let alone enjoying what's going on around me if I was there.
Ajax_Raptors
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#113 » by Ajax_Raptors » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 pm

Canucklehead wrote:How does one change their forum name....

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1061342
Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Post#114 » by Thelonious » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 pm

Anarchists? I doubt they call themselves that.
But if they do, these guys are just too dumb to figure out something precise to disagree with, so they blame the whole thing.
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,421

Post#115 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:02 pm

No surprise I guess. The west coast loves to riot and also drunks, big crowds, and sports crazed fans don't mix. Cops were in a difficult position. I think they handled it reasonably well. It seemed apparent they didn't want to be seen as aggressors and cause further chaos. Looked like they were in a can't win position. This is an example of mob mentality at work. There was probably criminal elements at work behind the scenes too. Start a fire and they will come. It's a shame. People of Vancouver and Canucks fans don't need to be ashamed though. This wasn't about hockey. And lots of them were from the suburbs likely.

Crazy how people do this stuff knowing they are being video recorded. :S

Also, on a side note, people like this piss me off. It's cuz of them I gotta hide my beer when at the beach. :)
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#116 » by hsb » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Canucklehead wrote:i'm sure the anarchists were out to incite the riot but there was plenty of "Canuck fans" out there doing there bit egging others on just by the stupid smiles on there faces.

Yeah, but who comes to the public space with a fire extinguisher or backpack full of bricks? Something doesn't sit right.

More pics:
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
bballsparkin
General Manager

Post#117 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:07 pm

J Dilla wrote:I would've supported the cops if they gave these dumbasses a good beating. A bullet or two really disciplines people. Fire rubber bullets next time. Beat the **** out of them with billy clubs.

They used rubber bullets in 1994. And it's not a good alternative. As I recall, one guy got hit in the temple and received brain damage. You'll may reply, "serves him right". But keep in mind that lots of these guys are drunk idiots out to get messed up and following the crowd. Idiotic no doubt, but not worth using rubber bullets unless it's completely out of hand imo.
bballsparkin
General Manager

Post#118 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:11 pm

redred9 wrote:
FourthQuarter wrote:Seeing injured Bruin fans who were innocent and did nothing wrong is just pathetic. What a disgrace of a city.

Ya right, cause the whole city endorses these actions.
bballsparkin
General Manager

Post#119 » by bballsparkin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 pm

Canucklehead wrote:no it's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo. I'd rip it out of his hands and beat him with it along with all the other morons running around with gigantic smiles on there faces after there team not only lost but random people are being attacked for no good reason at all.

Right, that will help calm things down. Good thinking.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#120 » by gojoorange » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 pm

bballsparkin wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:no it's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that photo. I'd rip it out of his hands and beat him with it along with all the other morons running around with gigantic smiles on there faces after there team not only lost but random people are being attacked for no good reason at all.

Right, that will help calm things down. Good thinking.

+1

All that would do is put you in the hospital.

Return to Vancouver Canucks