OT: Vancouver Canucks riot

Moderator: Crowned

Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Re: OT: Vancouver Canucks riot 

Post#41 » by Waylon Mercy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:00 am

Macho wrote:People care to much about hockey.

Hopefully some will open their eyes and become basketball fans like the rest of the civilized world :D

Im sure David Stern is dying to bring a team back to Vancouver now
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#42 » by gojoorange » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 am

yayotube wrote:wow the car these waste of lifes lit on fire was a BM? they deserved to lose game 7 for that

1 in 5 cars in Van is a BMW. They're everywhere.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#43 » by Strategist1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 am

I watched Game 7... 1st hockey game i caught all season.... I think bigger (european ice surfaces) are much better. Open ice = more skill. All I saw today, was dump the puck when you cross centre ice...cycle/cycle... Dude gets checked/forechecked... Very very little open ice play.

That's why hockey is suffering from these conscussions/dirty hits... The rink is too small for all these 6 foot 5 guys.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
hazy_01
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#44 » by hazy_01 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 am

Definitely a disgusting scene, seem like these people are just looking for trouble they normally can't do. These are not true Canucks fans at all. Congratz to Bruins tho, Tim Thomas was an absolute beast.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#45 » by darth_federer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

Strategist1 wrote:I watched Game 7... 1st hockey game i caught all season.... I think bigger (european ice surfaces) are much better. Open ice = more skill. All I saw today, was dump the puck when you cross centre ice...cycle/cycle... Dude gets checked/forechecked... Very very little open ice play.

That's why hockey is suffering from these conscussions/dirty hits... The rink is too small for all these 6 foot 5 guys.

No its not. Bigger surfaces are horrible. Ever see games in Europe? It looks great when you have the best players in the world but otherwise its boring.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#46 » by darth_federer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:18 am

And really these guys are disgraceful. Killed a Bruins fan, another Bruins fan thrown off a overpass. wtf is wrong with people.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Thelonious
Assistant Coach
And1: 253

Post#47 » by Thelonious » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:19 am

darth_federer wrote:
Strategist1 wrote:I watched Game 7... 1st hockey game i caught all season.... I think bigger (european ice surfaces) are much better. Open ice = more skill. All I saw today, was dump the puck when you cross centre ice...cycle/cycle... Dude gets checked/forechecked... Very very little open ice play.

No its not. Bigger surfaces are horrible. Ever see games in Europe? It looks great when you have the best players in the world but otherwise its boring.

Either way it's worthless.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,409

Post#48 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 am

juice_ wrote:
Kid.Canada.23 wrote:This guy is a dumbass. This whole situation is pathetic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8rpXsuy6E&feature=feedf[/youtube]

I see your Canadian Blake Griffen, and raise you a flash bang to the balls

Blake Griffin getting ideas for next year.
juror1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#49 » by juror1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 am

highness wrote:Hopefully I can be part of a riot in my lifetime. Looks like so much fun.

You're an idiot. This riot is pathetic, I honestly can't believe what I'm watching, and all over a hockey game, hockey isn't even a good sport.
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#50 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:23 am

darth_federer wrote:And really these guys are disgraceful. Killed a Bruins fan, another Bruins fan thrown off a overpass. wtf is wrong with people.

:o
Strategist1
Head Coach

Post#51 » by Strategist1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 am

darth_federer wrote:

What I'd like is a compromise... Perhaps not as big as in Europe. Its just that a puck handler can't even skate 2 or 3 strides without getting hit. Anyways, I don't watch too much hockey. But I watched tons when I was a kid.

Everything just seems congested now. Back in the 80's, early 90's , it didn't seem like it I guess. Perhaps the players weren't as big on average?
Prediction
The Heat will choke!
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,639

Post#52 » by C_Money » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 am

The whole country looks stupid. This same thing was happening in Toronto last summer.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by gojoorange » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 am

darth_federer wrote:And really these guys are disgraceful. Killed a Bruins fan, another Bruins fan thrown off a overpass. wtf is wrong with people.

Not true. A Vancouver fan tried to jump across the viaduct and fell on to Rogers Plaza. Most of these are unsubstantiated rumours.
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by gojoorange » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:37 am

C_Money wrote:The whole country looks stupid. This same thing was happening in Toronto last summer.

Although neither is good, the G20 seems so much more understandable to protest/riot than a hockey game.
Strategist1
Head Coach

Post#55 » by Strategist1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 am

The vancouver police handled this poorly. They knew a riot could happen at any time given the history. Their strategy/positioning was extremely poor.
Prediction
The Heat will choke!
juror1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#56 » by juror1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 am

gojoorange wrote:
C_Money wrote:The whole country looks stupid. This same thing was happening in Toronto last summer.

Although neither is good, the G20 seems so much more understandable to protest/riot than a hockey game.

This isn't the same thing at all, although protesting at a G20 is pointless too, at least those people have something they stand for, these idiots in Vancouver are destroying property because they're angry.
yayotube
Pro Prospect
And1: 59

Post#57 » by yayotube » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:41 am

I guess the dealers down there didn't have it up or something, nothing else explains it
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#58 » by Bankai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 am

gojoorange wrote:

This, which country doesent protest when it comes to politics? Its alot more common to protest/riot a g20 summit, then riot after a hockey game. Especially when this one has fatalities involved (allegedly).
Raps in 4
RealGM

Post#59 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 am

No it doesn't. This happens after every soccer game in every European city. Does anyone think that Spain or Italy look stupid? Most of the world is used to this stuff. It probably won't even make headlines in most countries.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#60 » by sh00n » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 am

To anyone who is saying Montreal would be worse or Toronto would be worse - every city in every part of the world has idiots who will do stupid **** like this. Montreal riots started as a big group of people celebrating downtown, and then a bunch of drunks and looters with bandanas on their face started lighting **** on fire and breaking into shops. I was right in the middle of it, so I know. Stuff like this starts off peaceful, all it takes is a bit of alcohol and drugs and a few pissed off morons to set everything in a downward spiral. The first footage showed a lot of Canuck fans only watching and taking pictures/video, and only a few taking part. Look at the clips now - it's all masked idiots running around trashing the place. My friend lives in Vancouver and showed me it over Skype what it looks like, there's fights and explosions all over the place. I wasn't at the G20 nor did I follow it much, but I don't think it was as bad as this and nothing in Montreal has come close. They've closed every bridge and closed all public transportation and people are getting stabbed all over the place.

It's disgusting, but at the same time the sport shouldn't be blamed. And I think Vancouver police should've been much smarter than to let over 100, 000 people all join up in one area to watch a game, knowing that they wouldn't be able to control that if things got out of hand.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Vancouver Canucks