ImageImageImage

Game discussions 2011 Season

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,155

Game discussions 2011 Season 

Post#1 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 pm

Here's a thread for all discussion of 2011 Caps games.

Caps are on a crazy hot streak at 6-0 with the equally might Red Wings coming in this Saturday for a heavyweight matchup. Caps are winning the right way, with grit in stead of flash, creating traffic in front of the net and making stuff happen. At least two of the goals in last night's win against the Flyers were accidentally knocked in by Flyers defenders. New pickup Vokoun, a veteran, high quality goalie from the hapless Florida Panthers, has been on fiyah since Neuvirth went down with an ankle injury.

LET'S GO CAPS!!!!
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Game discussions 2011 Season 

Post#2 » by Ruzious » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm not a hockey guy, but it seems to me that if you always have a power forward in front of the net when you have control of the puck in the offensive end - your chances of scoring are infinitely higher than when you don't. They scored a bunch of times like that vs Philly. Otoh, if I'm defending against a team who uses a PF like that, I try to take the guys head off with a 230 lb defenseman - when the PF is standing in front of the net. But trying to do that might screw up the flow of the defense, so the advantage is probably almost always to the offense when using a PF.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,770

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:14 am

Caps took care of business against the Red Wings. Something very different about this team this year. They look...professional,
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#4 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Regular season means nothing this year. It's Stanley Cup or bust for these jokers.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,155

Post#5 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Argh! Can't believe I stayed up after midnight to watch this game! So frustrating.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.

Return to Washington Capitals