ImageImageImageImageImage

David Lee: "We love Isiah as our coach"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,635

David Lee: "We love Isiah as our coach" 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:49 am

Hoopsword did a SOLID interview with David Lee, and they have another article coming up on Malik Rose soon.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=6763

A number of players were talking off the record about how frustrating it is to have their words taken out of context and have everything over-analyzed in the media. Malik Rose said he misses San Antonio because the media was so much more down to earth.

From the interview with Lee:

David, this is a proud franchise despite the current rough spot you guys have been going through. We hear a lot of things coming out of the New York media, but what's the real mood of the team right now?

"I think we're all pretty frustrated right now. It's never fun to lose the number of games that we've lost, especially with the amount of talent that we have in this locker room. It's been disappointing so far this season, but all we can do is keep our heads up and try to get a victory tonight and the rest of this road trip. We're a very focused team, we come out with a lot of determination, but there's a lot of frustration, as well."

What has it meant to you, on the front line, and to the Knicks as a whole to have a veteran big man like Zach Randolph added to the mix?

"He's a guy who can score a basket on anyone. He's a tough match-up for anyone he's playing against. He's a guy that brings it every night, effort-wise. He's a real warriors down there on the block, so it's been a great experience and he's a guy that I've learned from as I watch him offensively. Anybody that can average a double-double for as many years as he has is pretty special."

Despite the flurry of negativity that has been swirling around the Knicks, this team is pretty upbeat and optimistic . . .and everyone had nice things to say about Isiah Thomas in a very genuine kind of way. Maybe there's a reason he hasn't been fired, as the New York media continues to make sound like an imminent event. The players admire and respect him. Now all they have to do is play well enough to stop the rampant speculation about his demise.
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#2 » by fimslim3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:51 am

I call BULL $HIT.
DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#3 » by DDV » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:51 am

yeah they sure play like they love him :roll:

lee a nice guy whos gonna be politically correct hes not gonna come out and say "we hate this sneaky out of touch shythead" like hes prboably thinking
newskoolbulls
Banned User

Post#4 » by newskoolbulls » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:52 am

Put down the pipe Lee and pick up the standings.
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by fimslim3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:52 am

He was paid off. But on a serious note, what is he going to say about the current coach, "Nah, Isiah $ucks." Not a single NBA player will have the balls to call out his current coach.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#6 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:52 am

What is Lee going to say? "Isiah is such a horrible coach. He should be fired now". After all, Isiah is the one who give David his first break and saved him from a non-guarenteed contract in the second round.

If players were asked to state their opinions about Isiah anonymously, I can guarentee you the tone would change...
ctorres
RealGM

Post#7 » by ctorres » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:55 am

But why would Lee and Rose bother to grant an interview to Hoopsworld? Isn't doing an interview with Hoopsworld a little different as opposed to the NY Post, NY Daily News, Newsday, etc.?

Lee could have easily not done an interview with Hoopsworld if he was truly disgusted with the team. Hoopsworld could have just taken some of the players' comments and put in "a number of sources Knicks within the team" with some negative statements on the team right beside it in an article.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#8 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:57 am

ctorres wrote:But why would Lee bother to grant an interview to Hoopsworld, as well as Malik Rose? Isn't doing an interview with Hoopsworld a little different as opposed to the NY Post, NY Daily News, Newsday, etc.?

No, it isn't. It's still the press.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#9 » by Jose7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:59 am

I love you Dave but STFU.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#10 » by nyk2423 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:59 am

Something has to be going on that we dont know about,maybe that mob story is true
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#11 » by Jemini80 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:38 am

David Lee is smart, if you go at a coach when you are a young player you keep that label your whole career.

AI has never been able to shed that label even though he only really had problems with Brown and they still really liked eachother.

Spree was never able to get rid of it after he wasn't that bad of a citizen in NY or Minny.

If Lee calls out Isiah he gets labeled as a usurper and will become unattractive to future teams. If he sticks in with his coach through thick and thin, future teams and players will love him and want him.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#12 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:41 am

Jemini80 wrote:David Lee is smart, if you go at a coach when you are a young player you keep that label your whole career.

AI has never been able to shed that label even though he only really had problems with Brown and they still really liked eachother.

Spree was never able to get rid of it after he wasn't that bad of a citizen in NY or Minny.

If Lee calls out Isiah he gets labeled as a usurper and will become unattractive to future teams. If he sticks in with his coach through thick and thin, future teams and players will love him and want him.

he would eventually be forgiven...

..because...

...the skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Bye, Felicia.”
ctorres
RealGM

Post#13 » by ctorres » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:42 am

With the way Lee handles himself in New York, I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan gives him Allan Houston treatment and gives him a very pricey deal. I'm expecting Lee to make $8-10 million a year with the Knicks once his contract is up, regardless if it's overpaying or not.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#14 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:25 am

A number of players were talking off the record about how frustrating it is to have their words taken out of context and have everything over-analyzed in the media.

No feces, Sherlock.

I think Lee should punch Isola in the face the next time Frank says Dave wants out...
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#15 » by YungNeef » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:45 am

To the media they will say they love Isiah as their coach, but if yo watch how they play you can see that they don't love him as their coah.
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#16 » by YungNeef » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:48 am

ctorres wrote:With the way Lee handles himself in New York, I wouldn't be surprised if Dolan gives him Allan Houston treatment and gives him a very pricey deal. I'm expecting Lee to make $8-10 million a year with the Knicks once his contract is up, regardless if it's overpaying or not.

If Dolan gives Lee the Houston treatment and outbids himself, somebody should give him the Spree treatment and choke the **** out of him.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#17 » by Slimpack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:48 am

JO loved Isiah as a coach too. Maybe Isiah is a really charming coach. Regardless he's a pretty bad coach.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#18 » by mjhp911 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:53 am

YungNeef wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If Dolan gives Lee the Houston treatment and outbids himself, somebody should give him the Spree treatment and choke the **** out of him.

:lol:
DoubtingThomas
Junior

Post#19 » by DoubtingThomas » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:23 am

I loved my RA who used to say, "tell me when you are having a party so I can go out off campus."

Return to New York Knicks