ImageImageImageImageImage

CRAWFORD??

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

ilovenewyork
Junior
And1: 29

CRAWFORD?? 

Post#1 » by ilovenewyork » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm sure we all hate to remember the dark days when larry brown used to coach the knicks. it was about as bad as it is these days , mabe not that bad but still pretty bad imo. But one thing i remember watching and loving during those dark times was the point guard play of jamal crawford. he played under control and ran the plays during that time with ease and rarely took bad shots. Once larry left IT released the chains and he went wild agian. These days crawford seems like the only bright spot to me, I really think he is trying out there and he cares and wants to succeed in NY, while the others are kind of going through the motions. I can see he is a good kid and with the right coach helping him could really be a vital star at the pg position for us. The environment he's in right now is a circus it almost feels like we dont have any real plays and everything is isolation isolation, but even in that he's trying to make it work and hasnt said a word to the media to critisize anything. I almost feel bad for the guy when everyone else is whining and complaining to be the only one going out there and putting in some sort of effort. He deserves a shot to succeed here under the right coaching staff and some new teammates. Even other players on other teams recognize the value of a jamal crawford here, without him this year atleast its safe to say he's our only decent player besides zach whom I also have my opinions on( He will never be on a winning team not because he's a bad person but b/c his style of play does not permit winning just stats). But I mostly blame the horrible coaching staff for a lot of our problems, sometimes i wish if IT wasnt going to be fired than to atleast step down from coaching and let a real staff develop these players, unlike the whole LB episode which i also think could have been avoided if Larry would have shut up and IT would have left the side coaching alone. Bottomline here is crawford, nate, and Lee are the only one's I feel the need to keep. Anyone else really hasn't shown anything but a losing mentality. Tonight doesn't get anyone off the chain, a good effort for the next 60 or so games will. All I want is effort that only 3 players on our roster have shown.

And Also..Marbury is done, only if he accepts a full on reserve role which he won't unless on a serious contender I don't think ny is right for him anymore. I say let the guy go play for a real contender like boston win a ring and be happy but i can seriously care less. I just don't think its in him anymore..I hope im wrong cause I've always enjoyed him as a player.

As for Curry, some serious EMERGENCY INTERVENTION needs to take place. We need PAT to mentor this guy and pull a bynum. Emphasize defense, rebounding, and some pride in this guy!!! He's softer than channing frye was, maybe not tonight but overall. He's like a little kid kind of how we saw bynum last year but now he's beastin' it. Curry is lik that big kid who gets beat up by kids a grade younger and hung out w/ all the girls to play house and parents would worry about!! thats our eddy and we need to send him to bootcamp!! or were all doomed!! I pray this guy turns it around, i really do but imo aguire aint gonna be the one to do it..PAT----RICK EW-----ING!!!

Chandler, Collins I think will be good role players and doesnt hurt having around on a winning squad. Nate is Nate, I like nate plays with heart and can score. Plays dumb at times but over time i think he will be a big part of our future. D. Lee imo can only look good and start next to an athletic all star guy that plays good help defense b/c Lee's defense is weak. He plays good on the break and around the hoop for easy buckets, hustles, rebounds, but many pf will eat this man up b.c he cant defend and he's undersized. I don't think he should start, not without a consistent jump shot anyway but he is definetly worth keeping.

and draft pick: I usually dont like to worry about aquiring other players too much but i think this years draft is vital in our future. And I say we choose BEASLEY!! surround beasly with a good coaching staff and players like jamal, Lee, and nate or any other players that work hard and are determined winners and not losers than I think beasley will be a BEAST!! if you put him on our squad now with IT then you have the second coming of Glen Robinson. Rose is good but I see Rod Strickland written all over him which would be good but I think thats alittle much to ride with on the #1 pick if we had it. The same goes for Eric gordon aka Flash Jr, undersized sg dont win championships unless you got a guy name shaq and a timemachine to take you back a few years.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,484

Post#2 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:53 pm

nice analysis, but Crawford is the main problem here. He is a 6th man at best, not a starting SG. He needs a more defined role as an exclusive PG or SG. There is no clear distributor on this team, Marbury and Crawford both share it, which is not a good thing, unless your Dwyane Wade, you can get away with it. Crawford's overall intelligence has not improved since he came out of college early either and it's been 8 years
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,982

Post#3 » by chitownsports4ever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:14 pm

vdfebduderocks wrote:nice analysis, but Crawford is the main problem here. He is a 6th man at best, not a starting SG. He needs a more defined role as an exclusive PG or SG. There is no clear distributor on this team, Marbury and Crawford both share it, which is not a good thing, unless your Dwyane Wade, you can get away with it. Crawford's overall intelligence has not improved since he came out of college early either and it's been 8 years

Please thats just absurd hes come along way since hes been in the league
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
general
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#4 » by general » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:17 pm

Vdfebduderocks I know what you mean,The rare few Intelligent people on here No crawford has been put in bad situations his whole career starting with a non talented Bulls team..I believe once the right team gets ahold of him and knows how to play him its gonna be scarey Some teams that know all the things he can do are gonna give him Big Bucks his next deal.He's unstoppable,good court vision,good kid,Clutch,and he can average 20ppg..interesting to see where he's gonna be in 2 years.
O Poutsokleftis
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by O Poutsokleftis » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:20 pm

Crawford is the man....without him, we would be 0-31. Guaranteed.

He is so much more important to this team, stop looking at FG%.
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#6 » by nynixlive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:32 pm

I dont understand all the bad talk to crwaford. He is a special player that has had terrible players around him and IT and Skiles as his mentors. They are the most extreme coaches in the world. Not to mention the other 4-5 coaches he has in the NBA in his short time.

Give the kid a break, he is one of the few intelligent sounding players we have.
general
Rookie

Post#7 » by general » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:45 pm

He and Lee are our Only Bright spots and valuable players which is why other teams are only interested in these Two mainly...You guys better wake up and see who the problems are,Eddy to soft to guard the paint,Isiah is stubborn,No Defensive small forward,Zach not a team player.. Remember Are 6 game win streak last year crawford was a main part in it,Which tells me he's not the problem.
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 415

Post#8 » by Houston99 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:08 pm

seriously dissing jcraw he is the reason i like the knicks and his fg percentage is bad but what sg isnt iverson used to have the same fg when he played for the 76ers.
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#9 » by nynixlive » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:28 pm

nice, bout time he got some respect.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 16,016

Post#10 » by Fury » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:33 pm

If Crawford had a coach like Sloan (much like Brown who was always on his ass), he would be a very good player. He's decent right now, but he'd always play with some discipline and that really makes him look good with his skillset.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#11 » by Knick 4ever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:39 pm

general wrote:He and Lee are our Only Bright spots and valuable players which is why other teams are only interested in these Two mainly...You guys better wake up and see who the problems are,Eddy to soft to guard the paint,Isiah is stubborn,No Defensive small forward,Zach not a team player.. Remember Are 6 game win streak last year crawford was a main part in it,Which tells me he's not the problem.

For the Knicks to finally play like a team, it is imperative for Isiah and the front office to trade Crawford and Curry together. Cut or trade both Q and Jerome James and build from scratch. I would love to trade Marbury, but his contract is definitely not desirable right now. For all the talk about how great Crawford is, you have all failed to realize that this kid has been a failure everywhere that he has been as a player. He is a 6th man at best. Stop putting so much stocks on this kid. He doesn't have what it takes to help a team win in this league. Can he score? yes, but he is not an efficient scorer. Can he defend? hell no.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,583

Post#12 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:49 pm

Crawford has a ton of talent and he played great under LB, but I still think he regressed from that year. He shoots waaaaay too many bad shots early in the shot clock and shoots. No way he should be shooting over 5 3's a game. He is not a good 3 point shooter and should be driving more or shooting closer. Like Rip Hamilton who shoots less then 2 3's a game. He just needs better coaching in order to take better shots and not chucking up 25 footers with 20 seconds left on the shot clock. Instead Isiah lets him run wild.
Mavs
C: Horford | Goga | Paul Reed |
PF: Lauri Markkanen | Simone
SF: Trey Murphy | Trent
SG: Spida | Vassell
PG: FVV | Mann | Deuce
general
Rookie

Post#13 » by general » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:17 pm

Hey knick4ever you said crawfords been a failure everywhere he's been,He's only been on The Bulls with tim floyd and bill cartwright as coaches and now his current team Knicks.I think you have him confused with Marbury (minnesota)(pheonix)(New Jersey)(newyork) (?)
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,702

Post#14 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:24 pm

Larry Brown made Crawful not chuck 3's, to take midrange shots, and to use his speed to get into the lane

With Isiah Thomas, Crawful went back to the chucker he was in his Chicago days and his first year as a Knick.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#15 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:12 pm

some people are really stupid...if you think its crawfords fault hes not playing like a pg..then you truley do not know what the **** you are talking about...

Its the coach who calls the plays out...its the coach that tells crawford to take over...its the coach...jamal is the best **** player on this team...and you got to be blind not to see that...ok so whaat..he doesnt take some of the best shots all the time....but he does get others in volved and is the only person who can put the ball in the bucket on a consistant basis
general
Rookie

Post#16 » by general » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:01 am

Preech On.....I Think the people who dislike jamal are 16 year olds and under on here because any true basketball fan can see jamal is the best player on this team.Come on now the guy has made a name for him self around the league at hitting game winners very few thats in that category.If Robert Horry has teams wanting him.Jamal is a way better player then Horry passing wise,scoren wise,Freethrow wise and horry is makin good money til this day jamal has a long time in this league so just stop hateing on the kid..
Smoke24
RealGM

Post#17 » by Smoke24 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:16 am

blueNorange wrote:Larry Brown made Crawful not chuck 3's, to take midrange shots, and to use his speed to get into the lane

With Isiah Thomas, Crawful went back to the chucker he was in his Chicago days and his first year as a Knick.

He needs to go back to driving the lane more than settling for 3's, that way he'll get to the line more (one of the few consistant ft shooters on the team)

Whats with all the hate on jamal anyways. He plays hard with effort, (his defense is suspect, instead of playing with his hands down he should keep his hands up) never complains about coaches or his teammates and is the unofficial spokesperson on this team. He always being positive in a negative situation. I want a team that has his, Lee and Nates heart we'll be at least respectable again then jamal can win, which is what he wants to do.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,484

Post#18 » by Phish Tank » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:17 am

look.... either Jamal or Marbury must leave the team right now. We can't have both these guys trying to be playmakers at the same time. They need a defined role. If Jamal is going to be the SG, have plays run around him; curls, screens, etc. Nothing else is required from him then
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 68,514

Post#19 » by djsunyc » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:31 am

if they are to be used properly on a team, nate and crawford share the same role - 6th man, energy and scoring off the bench. crawford is much more streakier and has the size advantage. but nate is the better shooter.

neither are starters.

Return to New York Knicks