ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Re: Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland 

Post#101 » by KnicksScholar24 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:25 am

After looking at Gallinari, Chandler, Hill, and Douglas so far this preseason, I would be surprised if any big free agent would want to leave their team and come to NY.

IMO, the only way the Knicks can sign a big free agent is if they get far enough under the cap to be able to convince and pay TWO superstars to team up in NY. That's not happening unless NY can trade Curry and Jeffries for expiring contracts.

If you were a superstar that cared about winning would you want to play with the 4 young players I mentioned earlier? None of which have any offensive consistency, and only one (maybe two) of which has even close to playoff caliber defense.

NY just need to worry about getting the best free agent available willing to sign, and then try to get their 2010 pick back. Then suck until they have enough high draft picks to build a championship caliber team. John Wall would be a nice pick up from next year's draft.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#102 » by cgf » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:10 am

I don't know if LeBron even believes he'll leave. That said, cleveland's supporting cast is very mediocre so the difference in teams will not be massive, we clearly have a superior coaching staff however, which could tempt lebron if Brown's incompetence hurts them in the playoffs. And the rest will come down to how strong of a pitch Donnie Walsh has in store for LBJ, here's to hoping optimus and his merry band of trolls are right for once and DW is a great salesman. Because LeBron clearly wants to see what teams have to offer for him, whether he ends up leaving or not is all a question of how well a team can sell him on their ability to build a true dynasty around him.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#103 » by KnicksGod » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:45 pm

cgf wrote:I don't know if LeBron even believes he'll leave. That said, cleveland's supporting cast is very mediocre so the difference in teams will not be massive, we clearly have a superior coaching staff however, which could tempt lebron if Brown's incompetence hurts them in the playoffs. And the rest will come down to how strong of a pitch Donnie Walsh has in store for LBJ, here's to hoping optimus and his merry band of trolls are right for once and DW is a great salesman. Because LeBron clearly wants to see what teams have to offer for him, whether he ends up leaving or not is all a question of how well a team can sell him on their ability to build a true dynasty around him.

I don't think LeBron knows what he wants yet, but he knows enough to be saying "I'll wait" on $100M. I'm a stubborn bastid but even if he ultimately ends up staying, nobody will ever be able to convince me that LeBron's heart is in Cleveland. His actions and all available evidence indicate he has his doubts about finishing his career there. Whether the Knicks or any other team can sell him on taking that next step to actually bolt, who knows. But he's there for the taking. He's not committed at least yet, that much we know ... he may not be excited about being a Cav forevermore, that much I suspect ... and the rest may be determined by whether the Cavs win a title this year and whether the Knicks can show real improvement and/or clear 2 maxes.

Return to New York Knicks