ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Traveyknicks23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,775

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#1901 » by Traveyknicks23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:37 pm

Lol I feel like he is so out of reach
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#1902 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:02 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,609

Post#1903 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:32 pm

HEZI wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
cgf wrote:
But he hasn't faced Nas or Hunter yet... :wink:

Should be great match ups. Haven't gotten around to watching UNCs game tonight. But it looks like Little lit it up

I hate how they use him as a traditional PF. A lot of the stuff he gets away doing in college he won't be getting too many chances to do in the NBA. They got him in the post and just throw over the top lobs to him, which is fine for college because he's bigger and stronger than most of the guys that are guarding him but in the NBA he will absolutely need a faceup game and I'm just not seeing enough of it right now. I want to see what he can do with the ball in his hands but I doubt we are going to see much of that from him on this UNC team. Or maybe he doesn't have much of an offensive skill set with the ball, I'm not sure.

Finally got around to watching some of the game and ya it looks like a lot of his shots just came from low post entries to him and him turning and putting it up. Offense won't be that easy in the NBA for him.

I think not seeing him create with the ball in his hands is smart but Roy. It really isn't a strength of his. He has a very basic handle (putting it nicely) and Roy has an Offensive system that works for him.

This is why for the past month I've been saying this is either going to be great or hurt Little. He's either going to put up limited volume when it comes to scoring but efficiently. So it's really going to hide a lot of his flaws. But with all the other wings getting to show out, will it hurt him. We will see. But ya his game off the dribble has always been my biggest question with him.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#1904 » by cgf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
Should be great match ups. Haven't gotten around to watching UNCs game tonight. But it looks like Little lit it up

I hate how they use him as a traditional PF. A lot of the stuff he gets away doing in college he won't be getting too many chances to do in the NBA. They got him in the post and just throw over the top lobs to him, which is fine for college because he's bigger and stronger than most of the guys that are guarding him but in the NBA he will absolutely need a faceup game and I'm just not seeing enough of it right now. I want to see what he can do with the ball in his hands but I doubt we are going to see much of that from him on this UNC team. Or maybe he doesn't have much of an offensive skill set with the ball, I'm not sure.

Finally got around to watching some of the game and ya it looks like a lot of his shots just came from low post entries to him and him turning and putting it up. Offense won't be that easy in the NBA for him.

I think not seeing him create with the ball in his hands is smart but Roy. It really isn't a strength of his. He has a very basic handle (putting it nicely) and Roy has an Offensive system that works for him.

This is why for the past month I've been saying this is either going to be great or hurt Little. He's either going to put up limited volume when it comes to scoring but efficiently. So it's really going to hide a lot of his flaws. But with all the other wings getting to show out, will it hurt him. We will see. But ya his game off the dribble has always been my biggest question with him.

His handle limits him atm, but I liked his sense for attacking the rim prior to college and his pull-up game opens a lot of possibilities up for when that handle tightens up some more. The concerns about his lack of playmaking I get, but this kid didn't have much trouble scoring off the dribble efficiently in HS or allstar events.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1905 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 pm

cgf wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

His handle limits him atm, but I liked his sense for attacking the rim prior to college and his pull-up game opens a lot of possibilities up for when that handle tightens up some more. The concerns about his lack of playmaking I get, but this kid didn't have much trouble scoring off the dribble efficiently in HS or allstar events.

This can be said for a lot of wings though. Stanley Johnson was better off the dribble and had a more creative handle in high school compared to Little, once in college we saw that drastically become less of a weapon and in the NBA he is no threat off the dribble. Same goes for a guy like Jaylen Brown who I also think was more of a threat off the dribble in high school than Little.

Dont get me wrong I wouldve said the exact same thing for Kawhi coming out of SDSU. So Im not saying there is no precedent for guys like him to improve. But I personally think he is behind guys like the two I just mentioned and they have struggled to improve on that area. It can be a pretty tough area for guys to improve. Even with that said I still have him 2a/2b with Cam at the moment. I really like him as a prospect.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#1906 » by cgf » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

This can be said for a lot of wings though. Stanley Johnson was better off the dribble and had a more creative handle in high school compared to Little, once in college we saw that drastically become less of a weapon and in the NBA he is no threat off the dribble. Same goes for a guy like Jaylen Brown who I also think was more of a threat off the dribble in high school than Little.

Dont get me wrong I wouldve said the exact same thing for Kawhi coming out of SDSU. So Im not saying there is no precedent for guys like him to improve. But I personally think he is behind guys like the two I just mentioned and they have struggled to improve on that area. It can be a pretty tough area for guys to improve. Even with that said I still have him 2a/2b with Cam at the moment. I really like him as a prospect.

Touchè :lol: there's no question that he's going to need to work on it & make real improvements to not follow the Stanley Johnson route, but we have seen OAD guys roles fail to demonstrate their entire skillset before. That's why I have to ask if it's that Nas can't be effective off the dribble at the college level, or that he can't be effective off the dribble in his current role. I tend to believe that it's probably moreso the latter than the former, given where he's getting the ball and what he's being asked to do with it, but it's an open question until he answers it.

That said his shooting & length make me excited in a way Brown or Johnson couldn't have when they were coming out, and that pull-up game should open a ton of space for him; especially if his handle does make progress by the time NBAers are having to chase him out beyond the arc to stop him from launching pull-up 3s.

There's just a really clear pathway for his game to be effective even without advanced dribbling to create space for him, which is why I'm with you on having him & Cam as 2a/2b's in this class.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1907 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:52 pm

Rui has gone down in my book, Dosunmu up, McDaniels up.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Post#1908 » by Capn'O » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:56 pm

Future Clipper Little is a rambunctious one.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1909 » by HEZI » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:11 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
cgf wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Kawhi in college looked way more advanced with the ball in his hands. He had decent handles and was able to create shots for himself very well. I think he led the team in usage also. It took him a little while to adjust to the league but I think he was more skilled than Little looks to be now.

Even Stanley like you mentioned looked more advanced.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#1910 » by awy » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:43 am

RJ Barrett is on a personal mission to take every shot

cam >= zion >>> barrett.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,182

Post#1911 » by Garbagelo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 am

awy wrote:RJ Barrett is on a personal mission to take every shot

cam >= zion >>> barrett.

RJ taking more shots per game than Trae Young did last year

more than KP last year

more than THJ this year

all under the tutelage of mike krzyzewski who preaches ball movement

red freaking alert
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1912 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:15 am

I feel vindicated with my preseason / summer views on RJ, Cam, and Zion.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1913 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:39 am

Looks like that RJ train is losing steam. Majority of this board was sweating him lol. Dudes was **** on Cam and very few were willing to stick they flag in the ground on anyone but RJ & Zion before the season. All I heard was how much dog RJ has, but he is not all that player wise when you get him in the half court. Only a blind man would have thought he was a better prospect than Cam just cause of “dog”.

Dude put like 20 shots up to get 18 points. My dude cam did it in 10 shots. RJ still top 3 to me but He needs to slow the hell down for me to warm up to him. Looks like a stat seeker at the moment

Also it’s known I’m not as high on Zion as others but the college game is starting to figure him out some. Teams with talent are containing him better lately Now that they can scout him.He will still ooooh and ah and is a elite prospect, but the skills are not as refined as many tried to act like they was. Im glad the good teams can hang with duke a little. was getting tired of the just walking over teams.
RealGM
And1: 39,214

Post#1914 » by 2010 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:38 am

Kevin Porter Jr. is like a lottery ticket winner Iso-Zo Trier.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1915 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:03 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:I feel vindicated with my preseason / summer views on RJ, Cam, and Zion.

I'm with you on this. I was never a big RJ fan. After tonight I'm almost disgusted with him. I counted about 3 fast breaks that he blew because he chose to keep it himself instead of making the easy pass. He forces way too many shots.

RJ 20 shots per game. Trae Young 19 shots per game. RJ plays with Zion Williamson and Cam Reddish. What the hell is going on? Dude was horrible tonight.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#1916 » by taj2133 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:06 am

Good thing for me i live in north Carolina i can go see zion, reddish, barret, and nasir little play before they go to the nba.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,259

Post#1917 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:37 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:Looks like that RJ train is losing steam. Majority of this board was sweating him lol. Dudes was **** on Cam and very few were willing to stick they flag in the ground on anyone but RJ & Zion before the season. All I heard was how much dog RJ has, but he is not all that player wise when you get him in the half court. Only a blind man would have thought he was a better prospect than Cam just cause of “dog”.

Dude put like 20 shots up to get 18 points. My dude cam did it in 10 shots. RJ still top 3 to me but He needs to slow the hell down for me to warm up to him. Looks like a stat seeker at the moment

Also it’s known I’m not as high on Zion as others but the college game is starting to figure him out some. Teams with talent are containing him better lately Now that they can scout him.He will still ooooh and ah and is a elite prospect, but the skills are not as refined as many tried to act like they was. Im glad the good teams can hang with duke a little. was getting tired of the just walking over teams.

:nod:

I.said it in the Sumner and I'll say it again...

ZION IS 1A AND CAM IS 1B FOR ME.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1918 » by Marty McFly » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:10 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I feel vindicated with my preseason / summer views on RJ, Cam, and Zion.

I'm with you on this. I was never a big RJ fan. After tonight I'm almost disgusted with him. I counted about 3 fast breaks that he blew because he chose to keep it himself instead of making the easy pass. He forces way too many shots.

RJ 20 shots per game. Trae Young 19 shots per game. RJ plays with Zion Williamson and Cam Reddish. What the hell is going on? Dude was horrible tonight.

probably a bit of jealously with all the hype surrounding zion.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1919 » by Marty McFly » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:11 am

i'm still taking RJ if He's bpa. and with the way the lottery is, I'm not one to pick favorites.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1920 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:54 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Looks like that RJ train is losing steam. Majority of this board was sweating him lol. Dudes was **** on Cam and very few were willing to stick they flag in the ground on anyone but RJ & Zion before the season. All I heard was how much dog RJ has, but he is not all that player wise when you get him in the half court. Only a blind man would have thought he was a better prospect than Cam just cause of “dog”.

:nod:

I.said it in the Sumner and I'll say it again...

ZION IS 1A AND CAM IS 1B FOR ME.

i clearly remember you **** on cam just a week ago on him not being a dog.

plus you were one of them main posters saying it was a two horse race and those two horses were RJ & Zion.

who you think you fooling bro... :lol:

Return to New York Knicks