ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 2)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 2) 

Post#141 » by HEZI » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 am

Capn'O wrote:

So...

Spoiler:

?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,484

Post#142 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:21 am

HEZI wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

So...

Spoiler:

?

Just watched some Halliburton highlights. I see why he's rising. His detractors will look at his lonzo shot but he's so much quicker/faster than lonzo. He can get in the lane and that's really the problem with Lonzo.

His pace is too quick for the college game. Very nice defensive potential as well.

Edit: his playstyle reminds me of DeAaron Fox.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HEZI
RealGM

Post#143 » by HEZI » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 am

Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

So...

Spoiler:

?

Just watched some Halliburton highlights. I see why he's rising. His detractors will look at his lonzo shot but he's so much quicker/faster than lonzo. He can get in the lane and that's really the problem with Lonzo.

His pace is too quick for the college game. Very nice defensive potential as well.

His speed and athleticism is tailor made for the NBA. He reminds me a bit of SGA but less smooth and a little more aggressive in like a Westbrook sort of way but not out of control. Very unique player that has a chance to be very good in the pros imo

If he can keep knocking down that jumper then oof
DENVER NUGGETS
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#144 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:19 am

HEZI wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:
So...

Spoiler:

?

His speed and athleticism is tailor made for the NBA. He reminds me a bit of SGA but less smooth and a little more aggressive in like a Westbrook sort of way but not out of control. Very unique player that has a chance to be very good in the pros imo

If he can keep knocking down that jumper then oof

I see the comps your making and almost used SGA due to the shot form and his length. We mentioned three downhill, scoring points and the reason I choose Fox is more his body type and speed. Westbrook is a barrel and SGA is like a basketball surgeon in how he picks a defender apart. Fox is just a long blur and under control.
BAF Clippers

smw6230
Senior
And1: 263

Post#145 » by smw6230 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 pm

[
ADeP7 wrote:Man watching some highlights and stuff.
Haliburton really impresses me.
His shot though. It goes in and yet I don’t know how

Agree on Haliburton. There's a completeness there that I don't see anywhere else in the draft.

His shot tho, is a push-shot. I need to see him shoot that off the curl. If he can stick that......

Push shot or not he'd space the floor, and the Knicks desperately need guys that can space the floor.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,686

Post#146 » by Fat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:13 am

While I like hailburton why do we need another guard who is more interested in passing than looking for his shot? Not to say that’s a bad thing but the Knicks desperately need guards who strength in self creating and shooting.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,365

Post#147 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:18 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:While I like hailburton why do we need another guard who is more interested in passing than looking for his shot? Not to say that’s a bad thing but the Knicks desperately need guards who strength in self creating and shooting.

i wanna subscribe to your newsletter
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,990

Post#148 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:20 am

Hop on the bandwagon. Plenty of room
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
HEZI
RealGM

Post#149 » by HEZI » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:31 am

Naughtyfatboy wrote:While I like hailburton why do we need another guard who is more interested in passing than looking for his shot? Not to say that’s a bad thing but the Knicks desperately need guards who strength in self creating and shooting.

He averages 6 three point attempts per game and isn't shy about launching them from deep or looking to attack and score. He also takes 12 FG attempts per game so he's not your typical pass first PG. There is a great balance to his game.

The efficiency is what's crazy to me

6 three point attempts per at near 42% clip

52% from the field overall and 75% from the FT line

I could see him being a 18-20 PPG / 8 APG / 8 RPG type of guard in the league.
DENVER NUGGETS
HEZI
RealGM

Post#150 » by HEZI » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:32 am

Another guy you can kinda sorta compare to Haliburton is Malcolm Brogdon. Not saying they are identical but in terms of production and just knowing how to play there's something to compare there
DENVER NUGGETS
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,161

Post#151 » by DOT » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:48 am

HEZI wrote:

He averages 6 three point attempts per game and isn't shy about launching them from deep or looking to attack and score. He also takes 12 FG attempts per game so he's not your typical pass first PG. There is a great balance to his game.

He's actually remarkably similar to SGA statistically. Pretty much has him beat in all basic stats, and is much more efficient to boot. Just launches a ton more threes

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=tyrese-haliburton--shai-gilgeous-alexander

Only major difference in SGA's favor is the massive gap in FT rate. He's not even that much older than SGA was either. So the question is, how high would you take an SGA with a better jumper?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HEZI
RealGM

Post#152 » by HEZI » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:07 am

K-DOT wrote:
HEZI wrote:

He's actually remarkably similar to SGA statistically. Pretty much has him beat in all basic stats, and is much more efficient to boot. Just launches a ton more threes

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=tyrese-haliburton--shai-gilgeous-alexander

Only major difference in SGA's favor is the massive gap in FT rate. He's not even that much older than SGA was either. So the question is, how high would you take an SGA with a better jumper?

I'm sure most people would jump on board with that. Now of course there's risk like there is with any pick, will he translate the same way SGA did and adjust to the league the same way? Nobody knows for sure but its worth the gamble to find out. In confident that he will though so we will see.

I love his competitiveness too like he really gets after it but he has a unique IQ, skill, athletic gift that is just really intriguing. He's not overly competitive where it leads to selfishness and bad decision making and recklessness like a Westbrook.

Gotta say it would be tough passing him up just knowing what kind of potential he has.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#153 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:48 am

Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

So...

Spoiler:

?

Haliburton is real. Remember people hated SGA’s release 2 years ago. People hated SGA’s lack of explosion. Haliburton is real. Prob my fav prospect this year.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Mecca
RealGM

Post#154 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 am

SGA got to the cup much more often than SGA. Haliburton does a lot from the perimeter. That’s where Haliburton has to show more. He has to feel contact more. I’m a big fan though.
Brooklyn Nets
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#155 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:58 am

Mecca wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
HEZI wrote:
So...

Spoiler:

?

Haliburton is real. Remember people hated SGA’s release 2 years ago. People hated SGA’s lack of explosion. Haliburton is real. Prob my fav prospect this year.

He's very nice. But I've already got one, you see!

I dunno what I'm gonna do with Bowlrips' pick...
BAF Clippers

Mecca
RealGM

Post#156 » by Mecca » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:03 am

Capn'O wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Duel wield guards like the thunder are doing. It’s really fun
Brooklyn Nets
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#157 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:05 am

Mecca wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Duel wield guards like the thunder are doing. It’s really fun

**** with my plan but if he falls to me I might have to. Thunder are a lot of fun this year. Them and the Grizz are the unexpected wonders.
BAF Clippers

Fat
RealGM

Post#158 » by Fat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:59 am

Hailburton is like 6”5 or 6”6 at point guard in college he can easily shoot over defenders with a slow release like that with no pressure, lonzo was the same way. In the Nba probably not so much he will have to speed it up and then you play on the Knicks? Welcome to no space land with Randle, Rj and Mitch. His game will look nothing like it does now on The Knicks

I like hailburton less on the Knicks and more on any other team that has a spaced floor with respectable shooters where he’d have an opportunity to play true to his game in a more free offense

I would take him around 5th ish just because he is still an effective two way player and this draft doesn’t really have any other stand out players but I’d definitely change my roster immediately during off-season

Burton
Shooter
Barret
Stretch 4
Mitch
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#159 » by aggo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 am

GUYS!!!

lonzos shot was beyond whack coming out of college. He swung his elbows out in a circle, the ball was never centered, and he only felt comfortable shooting when there was no distractions from his arms moving near his head.

Halliburton has amazing amount of air under his ball. He's confident and consistent. There are times even when Anthony Edwards is aiming the ball and there is a a lot more variability in Edward's arc and air. When you watch Haliburton shoot, he's got the same amount of air under the ball every single time.

Cam Reddish was another guy who had a TON of air under his ball, but the difference was that Cam on film looked like he shot the ball with a lot more force. Every time Cam missed, the ball rocketed off the rim. And Cam's numbers betrayed his actual performance. His shot looked great, but his actual %s were terrible.

Halliburton's shot is soft, consistent, and has a ton of air under it. I know some guys hyping but Nesmith as the best shooter, but I'm a little hesitant on him because he likes to kick out and shoot with his legs way in front of his body like hes falling back into a chair. point being-- everyone's got quirks but for my money, Halliburton has more tools and brings more to the table. Nesmith is a strict spot up shooter that doesnt do anything else. Halliburton can run an offense.

he is a little off centered, and shoots the ball a little low. But the numbers don't lie after 2 seasons. He isn't going to come into the NBA and start sucking. If his %s go down its because hes taking tougher contested shots against bigger guys.

The one interesting thing about Halliburton is I'd love to know what his shooting%s are

on

1- step shooting
vs
spotting up

because on film he looks a lot more comfortable with the 1 step in shooting. I remember Barrett (and most players) are the exact opposite. They prefer the squared up shot. Haliburton likes that rhythm step and shoot because he can get his body and right arm perfectly aligned since he shoots with his right arm off to the side.

Lamelo shoots from his **** chin, and he will have the exact same problems as Lonzo did. he will suck for 2+ years.
Fat
RealGM

Post#160 » by Fat » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:03 pm

aggo wrote:GUYS!!!

lonzos shot was beyond whack coming out of college. He swung his elbows out in a circle, the ball was never centered, and he only felt comfortable shooting when there was no distractions from his arms moving near his head.

Halliburton has amazing amount of air under his ball. He's confident and consistent.

he is a little off centered, and shoots the ball a little low. But the numbers don't lie after 2 seasons. He isn't going to come into the NBA and start sucking. If his %s go down its because hes taking tougher contested shots against bigger guys.

The one interesting thing about Halliburton is I'd love to know what his shooting%s are

on

1- step shooting
vs
spotting up

because on film he looks a lot more comfortable with the 1 step in shooting. I remember Barrett (and most players) are the exact opposite. They prefer the squared up shot. Haliburton likes that rhythm step and shoot because he can get his body and right arm perfectly aligned since he shoots with his right arm off to the side.

Lamelo shoots from his **** chin, and he will have the exact same problems as Lonzo did. he will suck for 2+ years.

It’s not lonzo bad but it’s still a weird high arcing setshot fling. The positive part is it works for him and he’s good in catch and shoot situations. I can’t say I actually trust him self creating on the perimeter in the NBA with that form.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams

Return to New York Knicks