ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: GONYK, K-DOT, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, King of Canada

KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 7,894
And1: 4,080
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#781 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:00 am

Yankees will be fine. Stay the course. Special circumstances this season.
The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
User avatar
F N 11
RealGM
Posts: 53,751
And1: 26,687
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Getting over screens with Gusto.
Contact:
 

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#782 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:09 pm

Let’s go Cole!! Let’s get back to wins man.
Ntilikina/Knox/Mitch/RJ ARMY
amit wrote:Frank prime will be like 10 ppg. Hes not that kind of PG and we knew it since he got drafted. Thats why scorers players around frank will be the bast for him
User avatar
isiah_thomas
Analyst
Posts: 3,639
And1: 1,135
Joined: Mar 31, 2012

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#783 » by isiah_thomas » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:09 am

If this team was having a better season voit would be a serious threat to win mvp
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,683
And1: 6,165
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#784 » by GEOLINK » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:14 am

Voit’s leg is hurting bad but he’s playing through it.

Can count numerous times where he’s rounding the bases with a grimace on his face.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,686
And1: 2,272
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#785 » by Papi_swav » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:46 am

Man we got to give Voit his credit. He's been carrying us. If this was a full 162 game season he would be on pace for 50 home runs. If only Judge can get his s*** together. Wassup with Stanton? I actually forgot about this guy.
KnicksGadfly
General Manager
Posts: 7,894
And1: 4,080
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
Location: Rent Free
   

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#786 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:59 am

Just the Orioles but these wins might get us back on track.
The mission: to end false narratives about the Knicks

Example of Fake Narratives:
-The Melo era should be celebrated
-Phil Jackson was a good GM
-Randle could be good as a third option

2020 Draft Bandwagon:
Kira, Tyrell
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,421
And1: 31,291
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#787 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:15 pm

Papi_swav wrote:Man we got to give Voit his credit. He's been carrying us. If this was a full 162 game season he would be on pace for 50 home runs. If only Judge can get his s*** together. Wassup with Stanton? I actually forgot about this guy.


Having Judge and Stanton on the same team is just a bad idea.

You can pencil both guys in for missing at LEAST 1/3 of every season they'll play in. Possibly more. One of them needs to go.

Preferably Stanton. But if the Yanks get find a good trade for Judge, they should do it.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,686
And1: 2,272
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#788 » by Papi_swav » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Man we got to give Voit his credit. He's been carrying us. If this was a full 162 game season he would be on pace for 50 home runs. If only Judge can get his s*** together. Wassup with Stanton? I actually forgot about this guy.


Having Judge and Stanton on the same team is just a bad idea.

You can pencil both guys in for missing at LEAST 1/3 of every season they'll play in. Possibly more. One of them needs to go.

Preferably Stanton. But if the Yanks get find a good trade for Judge, they should do it.

Na Judge needs to retire a Yankee. Stanton definitely needs to go , he hasn't done much since he's been here and his contract is ridiculous.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,421
And1: 31,291
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#789 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Man we got to give Voit his credit. He's been carrying us. If this was a full 162 game season he would be on pace for 50 home runs. If only Judge can get his s*** together. Wassup with Stanton? I actually forgot about this guy.


Having Judge and Stanton on the same team is just a bad idea.

You can pencil both guys in for missing at LEAST 1/3 of every season they'll play in. Possibly more. One of them needs to go.

Preferably Stanton. But if the Yanks get find a good trade for Judge, they should do it.

Na Judge needs to retire a Yankee. Stanton definitely needs to go , he hasn't done much since he's been here and his contract is ridiculous.


Judge is 28 going on 29, has had one injury free season, which was great.

I could care less if they keep him or not. If he could come close to replicating that one year? Sure. Will he? Nope.

Or more like, he will one year, be hurt the other 5.

Judge is basically Stanton, only drafted by the Yanks
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,686
And1: 2,272
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#790 » by Papi_swav » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:28 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Having Judge and Stanton on the same team is just a bad idea.

You can pencil both guys in for missing at LEAST 1/3 of every season they'll play in. Possibly more. One of them needs to go.

Preferably Stanton. But if the Yanks get find a good trade for Judge, they should do it.

Na Judge needs to retire a Yankee. Stanton definitely needs to go , he hasn't done much since he's been here and his contract is ridiculous.


Judge is 28 going on 29, has had one injury free season, which was great.

I could care less if they keep him or not. If he could come close to replicating that one year? Sure. Will he? Nope.

He definitely can, as long as he stays healthy. Look how dominate he was to start this year, he just can't stay healthy smh. We need a lindor type of player on this team
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 39,421
And1: 31,291
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: IGNOMANIA

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#791 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Na Judge needs to retire a Yankee. Stanton definitely needs to go , he hasn't done much since he's been here and his contract is ridiculous.


Judge is 28 going on 29, has had one injury free season, which was great.

I could care less if they keep him or not. If he could come close to replicating that one year? Sure. Will he? Nope.

He definitely can, as long as he stays healthy. Look how dominate he was to start this year, he just can't stay healthy smh. We need a lindor type of player on this team


Can't stay healthy, just like Stanton in his career.

6'7" might not be a good height for everyday baseball players
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,261
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#792 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Having DJ and Gleyber back definitely has given the lineup a lift. Definetly need Judge back put him in RF and Clint in LF, in CF rotate Tauchman and Hicks, have Gardy on the bench. Its now put up or shut up for the Yankees this month kind of an NCAA tournament feel to it.
Papi_swav
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,686
And1: 2,272
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#793 » by Papi_swav » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:41 am

blue and orange wrote:Having DJ and Gleyber back definitely has given the lineup a lift. Definetly need Judge back put him in RF and Clint in LF, in CF rotate Tauchman and Hicks, have Gardy on the bench. Its now put up or shut up for the Yankees this month kind of an NCAA tournament feel to it.

Yea every game is pretty much a must win, if we actually want to win the division. We're only about 4 games back, we still have enough time to get there.
blue and orange
Analyst
Posts: 3,261
And1: 653
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#794 » by blue and orange » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:05 am

The division isnt happening I dont see it, but a best of 3 series with Cole and Tanaka against one of the higher seeded teams in a bubble who knows, just as long as were not playing TB in rd 1 :lol:. Gotta get healthy (healthier) and lucky at the right time.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,683
And1: 6,165
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#795 » by GEOLINK » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:13 am

Really hope Judge, Gio & Stanton come back next week. That could be the extra jolt we need.

I'm really tired of the Thiro Estradas, Tyler Wade, or Mike Fords in the lineup.
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,683
And1: 6,165
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#796 » by GEOLINK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:47 pm

Steinbrenners gonna get beta'd in free agency to Cohen till they sell the team to Disney or Jeff Bezos.
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Head Coach
Posts: 6,587
And1: 9,518
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#797 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:02 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
GEOLINK
General Manager
Posts: 7,683
And1: 6,165
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#798 » by GEOLINK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:16 pm

Read on Twitter


LFG
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 92,147
And1: 18,884
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#799 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:24 pm

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Frazier and the Yanks basically confirmed what I had guessed was contributing to Frazier's problem in the field last season...he was still suffering from the side effects of the concussion. This was something mentioned in a recent article. While Frazier hasn't ever been known for his defense he was a CF'er in HS before being drafted by the Indians and did play in CF to start his minor league career...and at no point was he as bad as he looked last season. Looks like LF will likely be his.
User avatar
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 92,147
And1: 18,884
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#800 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Steinbrenners gonna get beta'd in free agency to Cohen till they sell the team to Disney or Jeff Bezos.


Yankees under Bezos would be nuts.

Return to New York Knicks