ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Training Camp Thread (Dec 1st)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Re: Official Training Camp Thread (Dec 1st) 

Post#581 » by god shammgod » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:18 pm

NewYorkPride85 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:obi at the 3 is the much more disturbing revelation

mitch
randle
obi
rj
payton

lord :lol:

Willing to put money down that Hahn is right? I sure as hell wouldn’t :lol:

no. but he does make a point. are they only gonna play obi & randle 24 minutes each ? sliding either one to the 5 is a disaster. so he might have to play some minutes at the 3.
nyknicks8016
Starter
And1: 623

Post#582 » by nyknicks8016 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:20 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:

mitch
randle
obi
rj
payton

no. but he does make a point. are they only gonna play obi & randle 24 minutes each ? sliding either one to the 5 is a disaster. so he might have to play some minutes at the 3.

Wouldnt be shocked if they try it out during preseason to see how it works, one thing we know though if it doesnt Thibs will not do it..

Next Friday i think Knicks start Rivers, Rj Obi, Randle, Mitch..
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,443

Post#583 » by KnicksGod » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:21 pm

One thing about JVG and that crowd, and Thibs from that school, he did like to play small at times. He looked to play matchup quickness. So I agree that we may go big with the starting lineup but I think we’ll see Obi at 4 and 5.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#584 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:22 pm

Why do people think DSJr. will come back a different player but Frank will come back the same? I feel like the opposite is more likely.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#585 » by god shammgod » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:23 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:Why do people think DSJr. will come back a different player but Frank will come back the same? I feel like the opposite is more likely.

i feel like they'll both still suck :lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,443

Post#586 » by KnicksGod » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:24 pm

Obi’s frame is def small and I don’t see him defending anybody with strength yet.

He might transform his body in 2-3 years. Seems like a fitness guy.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#587 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:26 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:Alan Hahn with some surprisingly honest takes on Payton, DSJ and Frank.

I agree with 100% with him on Frank. Hahn points out how all his coaches have complained about how he doesn't bring it every game, and he how can look "non-competitive" and "confused". He also mentions how some of the vets have been frustrated by his tendency to pick his dribble and break plays. I never had the impression that his teammates respected him as a playmaker, and this would tend to confirm it. Hahn also suggests that Frank is delusional about his abilities, which is worrying for his NBA future.

Either he embraces playing off-ball (cutting and spot-up shooting), or he'll be out of the league very soon. As Hahn said, "I can't trust him to run my team". Dude needs to adapt.

Hahn also suggested that Thibs is setting the table to start Obi at the 3. Of course this would be a disaster, but I definitely see this happening. And the Randle gift keeps on giving.

I got to watch some of it live last night. I like Hahn, Hes one of my favorite media guys by far. I definitely dont like playing Obi at the 3. We already have too many tweener/out of position type of players.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#588 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:28 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:Why do people think DSJr. will come back a different player but Frank will come back the same? I feel like the opposite is more likely.

Franks problem is in his head. If he ever gets the confidence in himself he will shine.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#589 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:33 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Vernon Gholston of the Knicks :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#590 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:34 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Alan Hahn with some surprisingly honest takes on Payton, DSJ and Frank.

I agree with 100% with him on Frank. Hahn points out how all his coaches have complained about how he doesn't bring it every game, and he how can look "non-competitive" and "confused". He also mentions how some of the vets have been frustrated by his tendency to pick his dribble and break plays. I never had the impression that his teammates respected him as a playmaker, and this would tend to confirm it. Hahn also suggests that Frank is delusional about his abilities, which is worrying for his NBA future.

Either he embraces playing off-ball (cutting and spot-up shooting), or he'll be out of the league very soon. As Hahn said, "I can't trust him to run my team". Dude needs to adapt.

Hahn also suggested that Thibs is setting the table to start Obi at the 3. Of course this would be a disaster, but I definitely see this happening. And the Randle gift keeps on giving.

I got to watch some of it live last night. I like Hahn, Hes one of my favorite media guys by far. I definitely dont like playing Obi at the 3. We already have too many tweener/out of position type of players.

This load of sh*t Hahn piece made on here more than twice for discussion? Or was it that he had this narrative in an article? I know it came up before from Hahn.

Nice hyperbole too. Is that you Marc Berman? Delusional? How about many the FO was forcing him to be a 3 and he still wanted to play PG; that wouldn't be an unusual thing to go on between a FO and a player, until the player realizes what his role in the NBA truly is - what his niche will be, if that player isn't a star/high level player out of the gate.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#591 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:40 pm

mitch
randle
obi
rj
payton

You already know :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#592 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:51 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:

mitch
randle
obi
rj
payton

You already know :lol:

Good. F*ck this crappy team.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,909

Post#593 » by DaGawd » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:20 pm

Lol Frank is the problem child in the locker room!! Team Frank footers in shambles!!
BaF
Washington Wizards
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#594 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:24 pm

DaGawd wrote:Lol Frank is the problem child in the locker room!! Team Frank footers in shambles!!

Hahn pushed this BS before. Don't buy it. It's Berman level reporting.

Nice "Vernon Gholston Of The Knicks" avatar though
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,886

Post#595 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
NewYorkPride85 wrote:

mitch
randle
obi
rj
payton

IIRC Randle's advanced stats in Nola we're pretty good at the 5 and Toppin played a lot of 5 in college. I know it's the A10, but I'd rather give Toppin some mins at the 5 instead of playing him at 3. That's more of recipe for disaster. Since Mitch and Noel are kings of getting into foul trouble there's going to be some opportunity for minutes there. I don't think I'd get too bent out of shape if Toppin played like 25 mins a night his rookie year either. I think if you've got a minutes break down like this it can keep everyone happy: Toppin 25 mins at the 4, Mitch 25 mins at the 5, Noel 15 mins at the 5, Randle 23 mins at the 4, 8 mins at the 5. Obviously, you can adjust depending on who has the hot hand etc.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#596 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:27 pm

obi at the 3 is fine on offense. nightmare on defense. watching wings ROAST him nightly would be tough.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,886

Post#597 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter

DSJR coming in hot in practice :o
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,963

Post#598 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:30 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

This load of sh*t Hahn piece made on here more than twice for discussion? Or was it that he had this narrative in an article? I know it came up before from Hahn.

Nice hyperbole too. Is that you Marc Berman? Delusional? How about many the FO was forcing him to be a 3 and he still wanted to play PG; that wouldn't be an unusual thing to go on between a FO and a player, until the player realizes what his role in the NBA truly is - what his niche will be, if that player isn't a star/high level player out of the gate.

as a frank fan, i am happy to say if frank doesn't have the mettle he shouldn't be here (knicks, NBA, whatever). i think even his staunchest supporters are looking for a fire in the belly that has to supplement the talent to compete at this level. if he's not that kind of competitor, then it's baguettes.

i don't have the talent concerns. but... the lack of fire and desire (as clyde would say) is detrimental to maxing it out. as i've said before, we can't all want it for frank more than he does for himself. he's gotta show and prove. eat what you kill is exactly the mentality he needs here.

all that said, i so desperately want him to have it.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,276

Post#599 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:32 pm

Hahn has some horrible ideas especially lately. Obi at the 3, Westbrook trade...just please stop
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#600 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:33 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Lol Frank is the problem child in the locker room!! Team Frank footers in shambles!!

Hahn pushed this BS before. Don't buy it. It's Berman level reporting.

He didn't imply that Frank was a problem yesterday. Just that Frank sees himself as a point guard, which I buy, and that some of his teammates were frustrated by his tendency to break plays, which was fairly obvious imo. I personally don't remember Hahn pushing this narrative before so I can't speak on that, so you may be right about that.

Return to New York Knicks