ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball/Draft Thread (4)

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Who is the next piece

Marvin Bagley
13%
Luka Doncic
38%
DeAndre Ayton
4%
Mikal Bridges
18%
Mo Bamba
4%
Michael Porter Jr
3%
Trae Young
5%
Jaren Jackson Jr
6%
Kevin Knox
6%
Other
4%

Total votes: 109

Fat
RealGM
And1: 24,029

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (4) 

Post#101 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I actually really can't believe Luka's vote is that much higher than Bagley's... You all have really fallen in love with that Spurs/Euro stuff haven't you hahah. There's no way he's on another tier than Bagley like this vote is suggesting.

Doncic fills a role and position we desperately need and arguably the best player in the draft. Neither player strikes me as a CLEARLY better player than the other.

I'd argue we need a long term fit next to KP that would allow him to function as strictly a rim protector on defense while not sacrificing rebounding or offensive ability just as desperately as we need a top tier wing...

i feel its harder to find what doncic brings to the table than what bagley brings. Doncic your getting a legit size point forward that
can make the team better not only being a go to scorer but also as a playmaker. He gives us the creativity from the perimeter we noticeably lack which would take alot of pressure off of others and create better looks for KP.... and he is versatile enough to play the 1-3 and even some small ball 4 depending on the situation.

Its almost a no brainer pick but your right too we need a long term fit next to kp down low as well. To bad we only have one 1st rounder and were not even in position for either guy :noway:
This is the Hill we die on
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#102 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:23 pm

Why isn't Bruce Brown on the list? Kid has talent.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#103 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:25 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Why isn't Bruce Brown on the list? Kid has talent.

He is -- "other."
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,871

Post#104 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Doncic fills a role and position we desperately need and arguably the best player in the draft. Neither player strikes me as a CLEARLY better player than the other.

I'd argue we need a long term fit next to KP that would allow him to function as strictly a rim protector on defense while not sacrificing rebounding or offensive ability just as desperately as we need a top tier wing...

i feel its harder to find what doncic brings to the table than what bagley brings. Doncic your getting a legit size point forward that
can make the team better not only being a go to scorer but also as a playmaker. He gives us the creativity from the perimeter we noticeably lack which would take alot of pressure off of others and create better looks for KP.... and he is versatile enough to play the 1-3 and even some small ball 4 depending on the situation.

Its almost a no brainer pick but your right too we need a long term fit next to kp down low as well. To bad we only have one 1st rounder and were not even in position for either guy :noway:

Completely disagree here... There are plenty of good playmakers and P & R ball handlers on the wing in the NBA. PG, Iggy, Tyreke, Batum, LBJ, etc.. list goes on.

Name the amount of 6'11' guys who have the foot speed and athleticism to stay with guards on the perimeter and an ability to rebound and score in the post like an Enes Kanter. The list is a lot shorter
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,475

Post#105 » by spree8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 pm

HEZI wrote:
magnumt wrote:
HEZI wrote:Oklahoma ranks

-3rd in the country in possessions per game
-2nd in the country in PPG
-14th in the country in assists per game
-8th in the country in 3 pointers made per game
-21st in the country in 3 pointers attempted per game

Trae Young having a usage rate of 39% (which would be less than James Harden's usage rate with the Rockets last year and this year)

Racking up turnovers when your team relies on you to basically do everything on offense is really not that bad. Harden averaged 11 assists with 6 turnovers a game last year. It kinda comes with the territory when you play at a fast pace and use that many possessions as part of your offensive attack. At the end of the day he's still shooting 45% from the floor, 39% from 3 (10 attempts a game) 10 assists and 5 turnovers and has his team looking good. Plus he adds entertainment value so that's a bonus for me.

Shh SMACK, you're making too much sense for these guys! :D

I'll be SUPER pissed to see Trae end up in Philly (via Lakers), because he's EXACTLY the type of PG they and Emblid need. A shooter who can pass. :(

--Mags :beer:

I have a feeling he ends up in Phoenix. That team is tailor made for him and thirsty for a PG to string those young guys together and get out in transition.

Trae Young
Devin Booker
TJ Warren
Josh Jackson
Dragan Bender

If they could solidify the front court a little more they could be a really fun team to watch.

I’ve thought about a Trae & Booker backcourt too... def would be insane. I’d be tempted to trade KP and our pick for Booker and their pick (depending on the positions) if I was Perry.

Shyt, I might start me a new Knicks 2k Franchise with that duo n jack up 40 threes per game between them two lol :nod:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,264

Post#106 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:05 pm

HEZI wrote:Troy Brown wishes he had this type of scoring ability

-booo
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,507

Post#107 » by DaGawd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm

Just looking at tankathon to see our standing... top 5 is still doable..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Fat
RealGM

Post#108 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

Completely disagree here... There are plenty of good playmakers and P & R ball handlers on the wing in the NBA. PG, Iggy, Tyreke, Batum, LBJ, etc.. list goes on.

Name the amount of 6'11' guys who have the foot speed and athleticism to stay with guards on the perimeter and an ability to rebound and score in the post like an Enes Kanter. The list is a lot shorter

The knicks cant afford nor will they ever be in play for Batums, lebrons, george etc etc why not just draft a Young version of that type of mold in doncic. you can always find a hardworking Power forward they dont have to be elite either just somebody that can hit an open shot, rebound and play some D would be fine. You can literally find these in the 2nd round, or even a camp invites. Doncic is the more rare talent
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,669

Post#109 » by j4remi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Bagley has grown on me more and more...the idea of a Bagley/KP combo is hype to me. No shade on Doncic though, he's a freak of nature too. That's a win-win.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#110 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:48 pm

spree8 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Shh SMACK, you're making too much sense for these guys! :D

I'll be SUPER pissed to see Trae end up in Philly (via Lakers), because he's EXACTLY the type of PG they and Emblid need. A shooter who can pass. :(

I have a feeling he ends up in Phoenix. That team is tailor made for him and thirsty for a PG to string those young guys together and get out in transition.

Trae Young
Devin Booker
TJ Warren
Josh Jackson
Dragan Bender

If they could solidify the front court a little more they could be a really fun team to watch.

I’ve thought about a Trae & Booker backcourt too... def would be insane. I’d be tempted to trade KP and our pick for Booker and their pick (depending on the positions) if I was Perry.

Shyt, I might start me a new Knicks 2k Franchise with that duo n jack up 40 threes per game between them two lol :nod:

spree8
RealGM

Post#111 » by spree8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
spree8 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Trae Young
Devin Booker
TJ Warren
Josh Jackson
Dragan Bender

lol that’d be fun as hell to watch.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#112 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

The knicks cant afford nor will they ever be in play for Batums, lebrons, george etc etc why not just draft a Young version of that type of mold in doncic. you can always find a hardworking Power forward they dont have to be elite either just somebody that can hit an open shot, rebound and play some D would be fine. You can literally find these in the 2nd round, or even a camp invites. Doncic is the more rare talent

You're extremely downplaying Bagley's talent level. He's not just a "hard worker" You can't find his talent in the 2nd round or camp invites. You can find extremely flawed versions of him that late yeah but he's the total package as a modern big. Once he develops his jumper bit more. It's a wrap.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#113 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm

j4remi wrote:Bagley has grown on me more and more...the idea of a Bagley/KP combo is hype to me. No shade on Doncic though, he's a freak of nature too. That's a win-win.

Yes join the dark side 8-) . I would deal Frank if it meant pairing Bagley with Kp. It's just too perfect of a match.
Fat
RealGM

Post#114 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 pm

& Bagley is nothing like kanter in the post lol. Bagley still lacks strength, and doesnt get deep seals, combine that with his average length you can see why he throws up those off balance shots from the post at times but he's actually pretty good at making them. He tends to use his quickness in the post than the actual fluid big boy moves kanter gives you.

its cool on the college level because he''s 6'11 and can get away with it but when he hits the NBA and has to deal with more athletes whom have legit size, weight, and length.. idk he could struggle. He needs to continue working on that jumper
Fat
RealGM

Post#115 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:33 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

You're extremely downplaying Bagley's talent level. He's not just a "hard worker" You can't find his talent in the 2nd round or camp invites. You can find extremely flawed versions of him that late yeah but he's the total package as a modern big. Once he develops his jumper bit more. It's a wrap.

im not saying you can find bagleys talent level in the 2nd round im saying exactly what your saying you can find a power forward who's not on his level but can still be a hardworking goon type big and rebound/defend and hit a shot which is still a improvement and solid fit next to porzingis he doesn't have to be elite or have the same upside as bagley he just has to play his role.

Doncic you cant find nothing close to that skill set at that position and if you do its not coming cheap. Thats why i say id go doncic over bagley its easier to plug in a big next to porzingis and bagley isnt a flat out better prospect than doncic to make it a unanimous decision. I'd love either one but doncic makes more sense to me if i had to choose between the two
Fat
RealGM

Post#116 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm

i actually have Bagley as BPA over Doncic but its one of those cases where i dont feel theres a big dent between the prospects and would go for the better fit. i have Bagley, Doncic, Ayton all in the same top tier bracket
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#117 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:Why isn't Bruce Brown on the list? Kid has talent.

He is -- "other."

Otherville Population- 30
spree8
RealGM

Post#118 » by spree8 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

My favs so far are:

#1. Mikal Bridges- dude would be perfect for us. I see a Mitch Richmond/Kawhi Leonard hybrid on offense and defense. Similar build to Mitch and length of Kawhi too.

#2. Luka Doncic- Dude reminds me of Manu but not as good defensively. He’s got that heart, toughness, craftiness, and smooth game like him tho.

#3. Marvin Bagley- I’m scared he could be like Josh Jackson in terms of his success in college, but tough transition to the NBA. Love his motor, but he’s got a ways to go offensively. Could be a nice fit next to KP.

#4. Trae Young- he’s a gunslinging sob. Would bring so much excitement to the Garden, and would do wonders for KP. Our 3Pt attempts wouldn’t be at the bottom of the league with him around. Defensively, next to Frank and KP backing him up down low, I wouldn’t be worried.

I like Bamba more than Ayton for the simple fact that Ayton seems to really look uninterested sometimes. Nothing I hate more than that, and Bamba loves playing defense. That alone makes me prefer him despite Ayton being so talented on offense and on the boards.

Porter was my #1 til his body got broken :nonono:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,264

Post#119 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 pm

lets get lit
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#120 » by magnumt » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 am

Read on Twitter

:(

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6