ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: so r kelly huh?

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: OT: so r kelly huh? 

Post#101 » by Greenie » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:13 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:How do we feel about Dotson?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Bingo
Greenie
RealGM

Post#102 » by Greenie » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:16 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Haven't watched the show yet, but plan to. I'd imagine hearing the details make it more graphic, but nothing should be new info on there. The underage children part certainly was well known. And for the record by no means am I condoning it, but I do have a question....

Why the outrage of R. Kelly, but none for Dameyean Dotson? Even though neither were charged, one admitted their misconduct. Guess who?

Dotson did have to pay for his trangressions with his draft stock and getting kicked out of Oregon.

Now I'd say the main difference is that he did attempt to fix his issues by going to anger management and speaking to kids about violence and other things.

R. Kelly never admitted to anything and never went to fix his own issues.

That’s not payment
Greenie
RealGM

Post#103 » by Greenie » Sun Jan 6, 2019 7:01 am

Galou wrote:Oh yeah i forgot. Middle finger to Lifetime. My lady be trying to get me to watch that bullcaca channel. Had to check her a few times.

What is wrong?
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,811

Post#104 » by The KnicksFix » Sun Jan 6, 2019 8:47 am

made some hit songs, but you can't run from the truth, eventually it comes to your doorstep. Hope the jail he goes to got his music on full blast when he drops the soap
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,671

Post#105 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jan 6, 2019 10:32 am

The problem is nothing is black and white. The judeo-christian morality which tells us to condemn such behaviour says we should also forgive each other our sins.

Nobody rails on Dot around here. Nobody says Kobe should be erased from NBA history. Nobody even gets at Lance Stephenson because we are basketball fans, but when it is something we aren't a fan of then it is much easier to cast stones.

Like another poster, I believe Michael Jackson touched some kids, but he wasn't proven guilty, so it isn't for me to say ban all MJ music. I believe it was R. Kelly on the tape. I believe it was his house. But I know he was exonerated. So he's as innocent as I. I knew Cosby was drugging women from back in 2000. Everybody clean forgot for 14 years. But he is convicted now. I can say he is a rapist, but I also can't deny the importance of the Cosby show and Heathcliff Huxtable.

There is a reason idolatry is still a sin. Our heroes, influences, entertainers are all flawed in some way. We can't expect humans to be oerfect.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#106 » by Galou » Sun Jan 6, 2019 12:46 pm

Greenie wrote:
Galou wrote:Oh yeah i forgot. Middle finger to Lifetime. My lady be trying to get me to watch that bullcaca channel. Had to check her a few times.

What is wrong?

Nothing is wrong. I just hate that channel. My lady and I be fighting over the remote control. We be play fighting tho. Nothing serious. Only time she gets the remote is if i dosed off. Any man that watches that channel by himself is suspect to me
F$+*k the Nets.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#107 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:08 pm

Galou wrote:
Greenie wrote:

What is wrong?

Nothing is wrong. I just hate that channel. My lady and I be fighting over the remote control. We be play fighting tho. Nothing serious. Only time she gets the remote is if i dosed off. Any man that watches that channel by himself is suspect to me

Lifetime actually has some decent movies on there. A lot of reruns, so that channel doesn't get a lot of play.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:27 pm

Lol at questioning someone's manhood because they watch Lifetime. Probably thinks the same of men that get a manicure and a pedicure.

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,307

Post#109 » by Kampuchea » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:36 pm

Galou wrote:
Greenie wrote:

What is wrong?

I saw some previews for movies that look interesting but I end up not watching them if I find out they are lifetime.
Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#110 » by Galou » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Lol at questioning someone's manhood because they watch Lifetime. Probably thinks the same of men that get a manicure and a pedicure.

You got damn right. Thats a women's domain.
I can do that myself B

Word

Thugger? The hell? Keep it gully B
F$+*k the Nets.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:44 pm

Galou wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Lol at questioning someone's manhood because they watch Lifetime. Probably thinks the same of men that get a manicure and a pedicure.

I can do that myself B

Word

:rofl:

Sorry. My wife don't like getting clawed, I like wearing sandals. I'm gonna always let the pros handle the hands and feet.

Spoiler:
I've actually posted a pic of myself. Nobody can question my manhood. :lol:

Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#112 » by Galou » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:47 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Galou wrote:
Greenie wrote:
What is wrong?

Lifetime actually has some decent movies on there. A lot of reruns, so that channel doesn't get a lot of play.

Will only watch it if the play red sonja or xena the warrior princess. Other than that, that channel can go to hell.

I keeps it gully B

I was raised on conan the barbarian, steven segal, van dam, sly stone, action jackson and stuff. Yah mean. Lifetime is the opposite
F$+*k the Nets.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,465

Post#113 » by Capn'O » Sun Jan 6, 2019 3:59 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Galou wrote:

I can do that myself B

Word

Sorry. My wife don't like getting clawed, I like wearing sandals. I'm gonna always let the pros handle the hands and feet.

Spoiler:

I still think (BnO?) dubbing you "The Boderator" was the best thing to come out of that thread. This further seals that deal.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#114 » by Galou » Sun Jan 6, 2019 4:03 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Galou wrote:

I can do that myself B

Word

Spoiler:

Bruh. You ever seen shaka zulu? There's a scene where he hates sandals because he feels like it slows him down. Then he steps on a burning wood staff to show his superior that his feet is tough.

You not ready for war. You too comfortable getting pedicures and manicures while i train like some guerrilla warfare type of guy doing calisthenics on the playground monkey bars

Keep it gully B
F$+*k the Nets.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Jan 6, 2019 4:09 pm

Galou wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Galou wrote:You got damn right. Thats a women's domain.
I can do that myself B

Word

Spoiler:

Bruh. You ever seen shaka zulu? There's a scene where he hates sandals because he feels like it slows him down. Then he steps on a burning wood staff to show his superior that his feet is tough.

You not ready for war. You too comfortable getting pedicures and manicures while i train like some guerrilla warfare type of guy doing calisthenics on the playground monkey bars

Keep it gully B

I don't reside in a jungle. :rofl:

Galou
Pro Prospect

Post#116 » by Galou » Sun Jan 6, 2019 4:13 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Galou wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote: :rofl:

Spoiler:

Keep it gully B

I don't reside in a jungle. :rofl:

"Its like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how i keep from going under."
F$+*k the Nets.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#117 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jan 6, 2019 5:42 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Nobody rails on Dot around here. Nobody says Kobe should be erased from NBA history. Nobody even gets at Lance Stephenson because we are basketball fans

all false. i have seen all three condemned by members of the knicks forum.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#118 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:10 pm

i'm watching lifetime right now. gully as ever.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#119 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:16 pm

ITGM wrote:First and foremost, the musical genius known as R.Kelly should be imprisoned for his abhorrent and reprehensible behavior toward defenseless, underaged children. He also clearly needs psychological treatment for his own mental issues dealing with abuse. He admitted to being abused/raped from the age of 7 to 14. Studies show that this type of trauma perpetuates a cycle that continues to be passed down from abuser to abuser. I don't proclaim to be a psychologist, but the fact that he exhibits a compulsive behavior to video tape his criminals acts seems to be an indication that some part of him desires to be caught and punished for his predatory behavior.

Now if an individual feels the moral responsibility to no longer listen to R.Kelly's music then that is understandably their right to do so. However, if the public outcry for musical outlets and the media to implement bans on his musical contributions comes to fruition then we should unquestionably establish that criteria for all artists who have exhibited similar behaviors: such as,

1. Elvis Presley having an ongoing inappropriate relationship with a 14-year-old Priscilla Wagner at the age of 24.

2. Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page dating a 14-year-old Lori Maddox

3. Mick Jagger (Rolling Stones) having sex with an underaged Lori Maddox

4. Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) dated 16-year-old Julia Holcomb. He convince her mother to make him her legal guardian as well – meaning that he was sleeping with a child in his care.

5. David Bowie - a notorious pedophile who also slept with a 15-year-old Lori Maddox

6. Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13-year-old cousin

7. Ted Nuget - Adopted a 17-year-old girl so that he could sleep with her without getting charged for kidnapping. Received oral sex from a 12 year-old Courtney Love. Notoriously known for writing the song Jailbait (a song about avoiding pedophilia charges by forcing a 13-year-old girl to have sex with a cop).

8. Anthony Kiedis of The Red Hot Chilli Peppers - slept with a 14-year-old girl which inspired him to write the song Catholic School Girls Rule

9. Marvin Gaye - had an affair with his wife’s 15-year-old niece.

10. Iggy Pop - Slept with a 13-year-old girl and sung about it in Look Away.

11. Chuck Berry - Slept with a 14-year-old girl

Ya'll got that same energy for these other artists?

wrong is wrong. doesn't make r. kelly right or defensible.

a couple of key differences, r. kelly is a serial predator and is still active. of course the heat is going to be up for what we deal with in the now.

and we should as people hold ourselves to higher standards on who we support. absolutely.

we got people using this logic to give r. kelly a pass though, which is BS.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#120 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Jan 6, 2019 6:20 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Bno everything is all good, I see both sides of the fence. It’s a touchy subject and requires a real in depth conversation.

My responses in here early on were more of a result of being upset that the music I knew all my life I’m told now I can’t listen to. As someone that is aspiring to be involved in audio engineering & just loves music, it’s a tough pill to swallow.

I fight so hard for artistry and I’m big on music being expressed no matter who the human being is.

I completely understand why someone would condemn others for listening to a predator, I get it.

i like it. on both sides. this is much appreciated. thumbs up.

this is a very hard conversation and i'm glad we're having it.

again... no one should be made to feel bad for enjoying the work of a predator/bad person/etc. the list of great artists who are predators is unfortunately extremely long. we don't control what we like artistically. but our conversation about how to handle this is one that needs to continue. and, no. we won't all agree.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks