ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Obama wins the Iowa Caucus

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

Which democrat will win the Iowa Caucus?

Barrack Obama
68%
Hillary Clinton
13%
John Edwards
15%
Joe Biden
2%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 60

knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#101 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:14 am

He reminds me of Bill Clinton.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#102 » by king_k4life » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:16 am

knicks742 wrote:He reminds me of Bill Clinton.

Me too and Bill Clinton is my dude I ate with Bill Clinton at Sylvia's in Harlem

Bill Clinton was the first Black President and he knows it

George Bush : ehh umm * pecks black baby *

Bill Clinton : MUAH

[/Dave Chapple ]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,692

Post#103 » by douggood » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:27 am

cmaff051 wrote:Obama is crushing this speech. He's hitting a home run. No, he's hitting a grand slam 500 ft.
Loved his speech. Positive, upbeat, fresh.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#104 » by ElMatatan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:38 am

I hope Obama wins...........
NY State of Mind
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#105 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:40 am

Biden and Dodd drop out of the race.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/03/ ... index.html

It will be interesting to see where Biden's support lands in New Hampshire. In a recent poll, he was polling at 3%. That kind of support could possibly tilt the election in one candidate's favor. It will be interesting to see who Biden supports, if anybody.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,627

Post#106 » by Capn'O » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:42 am

I didn't see the speach...

So I take it he didn't do this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D5FzCeV0ZFc
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#107 » by slamvangundy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:14 am

I'm plenty cool with Bill Clinton. It's his wife that bothers me. She is spineless and never stood up to the president when it counted. The changes that have gone on in this country have just been crazy, and I am not comfortable having someone who out of pure political calculation, just let that stuff go down...I'm not cool with her as my president. Guantanamo bay, the patriot act, torture, suspension of habeus corpus rights. How long did it take Hillary Clinton to come around and finally admit that Iraq was a mistake. To this day, she still won't take responsibility.

Reminds me
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#108 » by BasicBall » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:48 am

That speech was chilling in its message.....But now the heat is on, we will see what he is made of, he aint sneaking up on no one now!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
riyaz_guerra
Senior
And1: 0

Post#109 » by riyaz_guerra » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:53 am

What a satisfying win this was :nod:

I am now itching to see the effect this huge win will have on Tuesday.

Right now Barack has about 27%, Hillary has 34%. I hope today's victory and the ensuing news buzz will be enough to pull an upset in the NH primary. We need to close that 7% gap.

Momentum is such a powerful force in politics. Winning a few early contests can potentially change the entire race.

Ok, that being said, I would love for an Obama/Edwards dogfight, winner takes the nomination!

:lol:
"When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative." - Martin Luther King Jr.
peruanaso
Starter
And1: 1

Post#110 » by peruanaso » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:58 am

Great win and speech by Barack tonight :clap:
-steez- wrote:Cockadoodledoo f*ckers. Gallo is putting in work...
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#111 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:02 am

BasicBall wrote:That speech was chilling in its message.....But now the heat is on, we will see what he is made of, he aint sneaking up on no one now!

Agreed. Obama is now the frontrunner. How well his campaign defends attacks from other parties will ultimately determine how well he does. He will have some momentum going into New Hampshire, can he maintain it? Can he capitalize on it? All this momentum is for naught if Hillary wins New Hampshire decisively.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#112 » by BasicBall » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:09 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. Obama is now the frontrunner. How well his campaign defends attacks from other parties will ultimately determine how well he does. He will have some momentum going into New Hampshire, can he maintain it? Can he capitalize on it? All this momentum is for naught if Hillary wins New Hampshire decisively.

I agree...But he is a bad mutha f'er speech-wise.....Damn!

:nod:
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#113 » by KnicksScholar24 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:11 am

makeitstop wrote:And part of the problem I think the Democrats have is precisely that the two front runners right now are a woman and a black man. You might think that it's racist or sexist of me to say, but I firmly believe that this country is not ready to elect a black man or a woman as president.

Not ready? I don't understand. What's not to be ready about? What is difficult about having a white female or non-white male as president?

Personally, I think Obama will win it and in the following election Clinton will. If Obama wins I guarantee their will be attempts made on his life by white supremist groups. If so, it wouldn't mean that the "country" isn't "ready".

I don't think anybody will try to kill Hillary for being a woman, though, if she won the election.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#114 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:14 am

BasicBall wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree...But he is a bad mutha f'er speech-wise.....Damn!

:nod:

That speech was a best case scenario....he hit a home run... I can't see how he doesn't carry his momentum over to New Hampshire. The question is, is it enough to bridge the gap between Hillary's lead there?

If Obama wins New Hampshire, I can guarentee you he will win South Carolina. Hillary will have a hard time recovering if that happens.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#115 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:18 am

KnicksScholar24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not ready? I don't understand. What's not to be ready about? What is difficult about having a white female or non-white male as president?

Personally, I think Obama will win it and in the following election Clinton will. If Obama wins I guarantee their will be attempts made on his life by white supremist groups. If so, it wouldn't mean that the "country" isn't "ready".

I don't think anybody will try to kill Hillary for being a woman, though, if she won the election.

Every election there are several attempted assinations of potential presidental candidates. Very few, if any, come to fruition.

Can we stop turning this into a race baiting thread?
JoeT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#116 » by JoeT » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:44 am

http://my.barackobama.com/page/communit ... ature/CxBX

Speech video for those who missed it.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#117 » by KnicksScholar24 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:49 am

Race baiting? Because I know supremist groups will try to assassinate him if he becomes president it's "race baiting?" Why would I need to "race bait" for Obama anyway?

It was a statement of mere fact. You're the one trying to turn it into a racial comment.

I also said I don't think anyone will assassinate Clinton for being a woman and becoming president, also a fact. It's not a "gender baiting" comment.

Isn't Obama half, or most likely more, Caucasians? I don't see why he's viewed as the "black" candidate anyway. More so the "mulatto" candidate.

Every election there are several attempted assinations of potential presidental candidates.

By the way, this is a total BS statement. How could you possibly prove this to be a fact?
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#118 » by cmaff051 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:55 am

KnicksScholar24 wrote:By the way, this is a total BS statement. How could you possibly prove this to be a fact?

Hmm... just like you can "prove" that there will be several assissination attempts against Obama by white supremacist groups if he is the Democratic nomination?
riyaz_guerra
Senior
And1: 0

Post#119 » by riyaz_guerra » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:01 am

A crucial event that may occur in the near future, should Obama continue to win in the early states, would be Edwards dropping out of the race AND according to a source, throwing his support behind Obama.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/84290

I like Edwards, and would like to see him stay in the race, but such a development would undoubtedly help Obama.

Dodd and Biden, two quality guys in a stacked Democratic primary, have ended their bids. Sad to see them leave so early but it was pretty obvious early on that Obama/Hillary/Edwards would eat up all the media focus.

Another factor would be Richardson's likely departure. It's very likely that should he leave, Richardson would throw his support behind Hillary. Chances are, that will not have nearly the same effect that an Edwards endorsement would have for Obama.

Should Obama and Edwards not bloody each other significantly from now till the time Edwards does (IF) drop out of the race, I think he would make a solid running mate.

An Obama/Edwards ticket would make republican strategists pee in their pants.

:lol:

A final note, don't forget to watch the debate this Saturday (channel 7, I think it was 7pm EST...they said it will be both parties same night so I am not sure who will go first.) It will be a high stakes debate, perhaps more so than the previous ones. Candidate's campaigns hinge on the NH primary a few days later and the gloves will come off.
"When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#120 » by Jemini80 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:32 am

NH debate is a **** joke, as much as i laugh at Paul's points because they are untrue and unrealistic and he is taking advantage of young inexperienced minds, he deserves a seat at the debate. Without him there, McCain will dominate this debate while Romney and Thompson will try to smear as many people as possible.

Guilliani will be funny as usual, Huckabee will reference God atleast 5 times and he is the devil.

if McCain wins NH this will become a great race between him and Rudy. I still cannot believe McCain lost to Bush in 2000 all because he wasn't a super jesus lover. As much as I am a Republican, it is disgusting how much power stupid religious people have on this party.

Oh btw Huckabee has set himself up to be the perfect VP choice for Rudy or McCain, he has the God aspect they both need and will bring in the evangelical (sp).

I urge everyone to ignore EVERYTHING they have heard through TV reporters and other corrupt people and listen to the actual candidates.

Edwards, McCain, Rudy, and Biden(but he's gone) all get a bad rap from people because the people who control the news all want Hilary, Romney, or Obama to become president because they are the most corrupt and take the most handouts from people in high places.

Return to New York Knicks