ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jimmy Butler asked for Trade !!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Re: OT: Jimmy asked for Trade !! 

Post#1261 » by cgf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:34 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:LOL.....Kyrie just making stuff up because he's on camera? He can make the most money, he's on the best team in the East by a **** mile. If he actually wants to leave for anywhere maybe other than the Warriors....he's as dumb as his world is flat theory. I think he wants to be courted....all the kids do, but Boston has assets, has good players.....still has future assets. They are going no where for a long while. Pats come out rocky....who gives a ****, Sox are good, C's are stacked. Good time to be in Boston.

Right? Why would he ever leave the Cavs and sacrifice his ability to get the supermax?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,479

Post#1262 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:
GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
unfortunately it doesn't seem likely. what do they do if they really strike out i wonder. kemba says he wants to stay too (thank god). the bucks can't attract free agents so they will probably pay middleton too (ditto). then what ? pay the guys we have here now ? (i think it's the big one elizabeth)

I think what we do with the MAX slot is a different matter for scrutiny.

There are ways to intelligently make use of the money, even if we strike out on FA's.

there are but do they improve the team ? isn't that the point you're making about what the front office must have told kp ? there's not much difference in tanking for picks or taking on a bad salary for an additional pick as far as he would be concerned.

Well, it is undeniable that execution with the MAX slot matters.

I just don't think that keeping Noah offers better alternatives.
cgf
RealGM

Post#1263 » by cgf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
GONYK wrote:I think what we do with the MAX slot is a different matter for scrutiny.

There are ways to intelligently make use of the money, even if we strike out on FA's.

there are but do they improve the team ? isn't that the point you're making about what the front office must have told kp ? there's not much difference in tanking for picks or taking on a bad salary for an additional pick as far as he would be concerned.

But if we keep that 6.4M in 2020 & 2021 cap space we could get lucky and pick up Jordan Hill + a 1st round pick just for absorbing the last year of JJ's contract!
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,165

Post#1264 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:12 pm

GONYK wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
GONYK wrote:I think what we do with the MAX slot is a different matter for scrutiny.

The fear is that they will feel the need to spend no matter what and then use that money unintelligently. But even if we let Noah expire we would have $23mil in cap space that we could use intelligently or not. We would still have flexibility to make moves and improve. It would just allows us to have more cap in '20 or '21 if it turns out its better to spend then.

As far as selling KP, I think we sold KP more on Fiz and style we want to play then the specifics of our long term plan. Plan A is obviously to go after a max. That sounds good, but is unlikely to happen. Its hard to even know what Plan B, C, etc will be since it all depends on who is available, etc.

Either way KP will resign and we have a 2-3 year window if we are worried about KP. There should be no rush to spend it all now or make win now moves. If the right moves arent there we need to wait it out. Keeping the same roster, drafting, and making some minor moves again isn't the worst thing we could do.

Nothing you said is incorrect. I just think the calculus is incomplete.

1. Having a MAX slot is better than less than MAX, and it offers more options.

2. They don't want Noah on the team, don't want him in the locker room, and can't just send him home for 2 years when he has made a big effort to show he's healthy and wants to play.

#2 - This seems to be the main reason for the decision. Its almost done and not the worst thing. I just wouldnt have done it.
Either way we just need to be really really careful how we use this money. There shouldn't be urgency. We can take our time if need be.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,439

Post#1265 » by god shammgod » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:18 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i have no real problem with them stretching noah. that's not my concern. but once you do, you have to do something with the money.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1266 » by Greenie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:
digitaldropoff wrote:LOL.....Kyrie just making stuff up because he's on camera? He can make the most money, he's on the best team in the East by a **** mile. If he actually wants to leave for anywhere maybe other than the Warriors....he's as dumb as his world is flat theory. I think he wants to be courted....all the kids do, but Boston has assets, has good players.....still has future assets. They are going no where for a long while. Pats come out rocky....who gives a ****, Sox are good, C's are stacked. Good time to be in Boston.

Buck Foston!!

FOREVER
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,479

Post#1267 » by GONYK » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:26 pm

god shammgod wrote:
GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i have no real problem with them stretching noah. that's not my concern. but once you do, you have to do something with the money.

Agreed.

But they were going to do something with the money even if we kept Noah. It would just be less money and no shot at MAX players.

The FO still has to have a plan.
cgf
RealGM

Post#1268 » by cgf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm

No question that cap space is a double-edged sword...but just because it might get used poorly isn't a good reason not to open it up when the financials of our young core make it make the most sense & there's at least a chance of getting a true superstar (or two) with it.

We just have to hope that the FO has a good plan for that cap space if we don't get lucky and Durant doesn't wanna unite the Unicorns.

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#1269 » by ozwizard8 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:01 am

papajoe wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:
GONYK wrote:
So you don't believe what Kyrie said at media day?

About his jersey in the rafters?

I think Kyrie says things to assure people.

If he gets injured again this year it should be interesting to pay attention to the reports that come out about him. The year he got traded apparently the cavs looked into trading him before that.

Celtics have no problem doing what they feel is best for them.

There’s also the Terry Rozier situation to watch.

This year will be very intriguing.

Read on Twitter

If Kyrie-KD-Kawhi and more resign with their teams no one going to be surprised.

J.Butler being top FA wouldnt surprise me. Even lets say Kawhi moves elsewhere it could be done in a day and Knicks look for player to pay max. Ending up with Butler or Middleton max contracts would be better than what Knicks does on average.
So if Butler is available for C.Lee+THjr i would try to do that.

I dont think we'll tank hard on purpose this year so I dont care if we pick from 9th or 12th.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,807

Post#1270 » by mpharris36 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm

Read on Twitter

well damn...shots fired at berman.

but its true...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1271 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:06 pm

After Mark Berman's prognostication that the Knicks are going to sign a MaxCat free agent next Summer...how can anyone be skeptical? Oh that's right. He's always making sh#t up. :lol:

It's CLEAR as day, Jimmy Butler and possibly Kawhi Leonard are going to the West Coast. Either the Lakers or the Clippers. Why? Because at the season's end, the Lakers and Clippers will have over $60M+ coming off the books, dropping the current payroll in HALF...and that's IF they do NOT move any contracts.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#1272 » by TimRobbins » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:15 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
You leaving out Kyrie? :lol:

Between butler and kawhi and kyrie and kawhi I’d take butler honestly

I prefer two way players

Kawahi isn’t a 2way player?

OK. I guess I misunderstood the post. In any case, I think the main problem with Kyrie is durability. Butler has the same problem at this stage of his career. I would stay away from both on a max contract.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#1273 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:After Mark Berman's prognostication that the Knicks are going to sign a MaxCat free agent next Summer...how can anyone be skeptical? Oh that's right. He's always making sh#t up. :lol:

He never said such a thing. You've got to work on getting your facts straight, my man.
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#1274 » by TheBigBoss » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:02 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:After Mark Berman's prognostication that the Knicks are going to sign a MaxCat free agent next Summer...how can anyone be skeptical? Oh that's right. He's always making sh#t up. :lol:

He never said such a thing. You've got to work on getting your facts straight, my man.

We're sorry Mark! Keep up the "good work" at the Post.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#1275 » by SelbyCobra » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

We're sorry Mark! Keep up the "good work" at the Post.

Damn, you too? Gets your facts straight, kids! This one isn't even that hard - it's literally right there in the initial tweet!
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#1276 » by cuyankees » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Fact or fiction, HOU going for Butler makes sense. Wish Knicks had a Morey type in the FO
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1277 » by magnumt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 pm

cuyankees wrote:Fact or fiction, HOU going for Butler makes sense. Wish Knicks had a Morey type in the FO

:blank:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,529

Post#1278 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:22 am

To Jimmy Butler and Kyrie Irving
From Wingo

Free Palestine
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,964

Post#1279 » by RHODEY » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:26 pm

cuyankees wrote:Fact or fiction, HOU going for Butler makes sense. Wish Knicks had a Morey type in the FO

He's aggressive and they are in the right situation for that. But I don't think he' d be good for the Knicks right now.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,046

Post#1280 » by Sark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Just so glad the Knicks aren't involved in this circus.

Return to New York Knicks