ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeffrey
General Manager
And1: 5,313

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#1381 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 23, 2024 3:01 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This is wild. I'm indifferent about this but who is out there?

2019-20 5W 6L (interim)
2020-21 22W 50L (missed playoffs)
2021-22 44W 38L (missed playoffs)
2022-23 51W 31L (1st round exit... by us :nod: )
2023-24 48W 34L (2nd round exit... by best team in NBA and missing Allen and Mitchell)

Cavs front office was expecting to beat Boston? Allen and Mobley hasn't taken off. Garland and Mitchell combo isn't working out?!
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 536

Post#1382 » by kNicksGmen » Thu May 23, 2024 4:12 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

2019-20 5W 6L (interim)
2023-24 48W 34L (2nd round exit... by best team in NBA and missing Allen and Mitchell)

Cavs front office was expecting to beat Boston? Allen and Mobley hasn't taken off. Garland and Mitchell combo isn't working out?!

my assumption based on nothing but speculation is they did this to appease Mitchell - try to show him how serious they are about winning now and building the team around him, in an attempt to convince him to stay.
RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:I admire the Mavs as a team (Luka and co.) but I hate the Mavs ownership and front office (namely Cuban)... They are in a good position to win this thing like the Dirk Mavs did way back when. It would be a great story but then Cuban and co. would be rewarded for tanking and for being a-holes.

Right they shouldn't be rewarded for the BS...I hope Minny can somehow beat them.

yea i don't dislike the mavs team but really don't want them to win a year after blatantly tanking and screwing us out of a pick.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,642

Post#1383 » by sol537 » Thu May 23, 2024 4:29 pm

Wizard should be all over Bickerstaff. He can help them return to respectability.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#1384 » by WargamesX » Thu May 23, 2024 4:50 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

2019-20 5W 6L (interim)

my assumption based on nothing but speculation is they did this to appease Mitchell - try to show him how serious they are about winning now and building the team around him, in an attempt to convince him to stay.
RHODEY wrote:
sol537 wrote:I admire the Mavs as a team (Luka and co.) but I hate the Mavs ownership and front office (namely Cuban)... They are in a good position to win this thing like the Dirk Mavs did way back when. It would be a great story but then Cuban and co. would be rewarded for tanking and for being a-holes.

Right they shouldn't be rewarded for the BS...I hope Minny can somehow beat them.

yea i don't dislike the mavs team but really don't want them to win a year after blatantly tanking and screwing us out of a pick.

I think it's notable that Atkinson, in particular, was known as a coach who helped young players develop while in Brooklyn. I do not see either Borrego or Atkinson as win-now coaches. They would be better fit for younger teams trying to figure it out.

Atkinson was known as the coach that helped both Jeremy Lin and D'angelo Russell develop into much better players and would be someone I could see hired if the plan was to support Garland in taking that next step in his development.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,731

Post#1385 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2024 5:13 pm

Hey why did Dolan vote against the Toronto expansion for the WNBA? It was a 13-0 vote on the WNBA side and a 29-1 vote on the NBA side with the Knicks being the only one voting "no". That's just odd to me lol
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1386 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2024 5:24 pm

WargamesX wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

2019-20 5W 6L (interim)

RHODEY wrote:Right they shouldn't be rewarded for the BS...I hope Minny can somehow beat them.

I think it's notable that Atkinson, in particular, was known as a coach who helped young players develop while in Brooklyn. I do not see either Borrego or Atkinson as win-now coaches. They would be better fit for younger teams trying to figure it out.

Atkinson was known as the coach that helped both Jeremy Lin and D'angelo Russell develop into much better players and would be someone I could see hired if the plan was to support Garland in taking that next step in his development.

Just a note for context: Atkinson was sabotaged in his 4th year by Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and DeAndre Jordan after Atkinson refused to bench Jarrett Allen for Jordan. Irving and Durant went to management behind his back to get him fired and started talking nonsense about how they didn't need a coach.

Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,874

Post#1387 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 23, 2024 5:34 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Hey why did Dolan vote against the Toronto expansion for the WNBA? It was a 13-0 vote on the WNBA side and a 29-1 vote on the NBA side with the Knicks being the only one voting "no". That's just odd to me lol

He's the petty King :lol:
Jeffrey
General Manager

Post#1388 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Hey why did Dolan vote against the Toronto expansion for the WNBA? It was a 13-0 vote on the WNBA side and a 29-1 vote on the NBA side with the Knicks being the only one voting "no". That's just odd to me lol

Possibility of a lawsuit with Toronto Raptors? I'm not sure if they are the same group.

Also, he has removed himself from committees because he felt unwanted in the NBA ownership group.
Jeffrey
General Manager

Post#1389 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 23, 2024 5:45 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:my assumption based on nothing but speculation is they did this to appease Mitchell - try to show him how serious they are about winning now and building the team around him, in an attempt to convince him to stay.

Just a note for context: Atkinson was sabotaged in his 4th year by Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and DeAndre Jordan after Atkinson refused to bench Jarrett Allen for Jordan. Irving and Durant went to management behind his back to get him fired and started talking nonsense about how they didn't need a coach.

Reading Cavs forum, he was basically dead man walking once we knocked them out last year. he was going to get fired last December due to locker room started tuning him out.

One of the rumor was that Mitchell and others would go to practice and after practice they didn't know what just happened during practice LOL.

In the end, I don't think Bickerstaff firing was based on what DM wanted. They probably felt that they have reached the ceiling with him. But I don't know how Kenny Atkinson or Borrego (rumors that they are candidates) can take them to the next step.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,802

Post#1390 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 23, 2024 6:46 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:Any "KAT not better than Julius" theorists?

Yeah....

6-20 FGs? :lol:
Free Palestine
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,076

Post#1391 » by Jay10 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:51 pm

Jeffrey wrote:

Possibility of a lawsuit with Toronto Raptors? I'm not sure if they are the same group.

Also, he has removed himself from committees because he felt unwanted in the NBA ownership group.

:nod:

Larry Tanenbaum, the chairman for Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, is a leading figure behind the expansion franchise. The NBA's Toronto Raptors are among the sports franchises under the MLSE umbrella.

- Bleacher Report

:lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,526

Post#1392 » by god shammgod » Thu May 23, 2024 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,076

Post#1393 » by Jay10 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Yeah....

This is what he looked like against PJ Washington.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,661

Post#1394 » by Capn'O » Thu May 23, 2024 6:55 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Just a note for context: Atkinson was sabotaged in his 4th year by Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and DeAndre Jordan after Atkinson refused to bench Jarrett Allen for Jordan. Irving and Durant went to management behind his back to get him fired and started talking nonsense about how they didn't need a coach.

It's really weird how... normal... Kyrie has been in Dallas.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,526

Post#1395 » by god shammgod » Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 pm

Capn'O wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Just a note for context: Atkinson was sabotaged in his 4th year by Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, and DeAndre Jordan after Atkinson refused to bench Jarrett Allen for Jordan. Irving and Durant went to management behind his back to get him fired and started talking nonsense about how they didn't need a coach.

smart enough to know it was probably his last chance ?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1396 » by Capn'O » Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

I just looked at their books.

They literally only have Embiid, Reed, and Council signed.

They'll max Maxey, roughly 40 mil per though his cap hold is only 13 mil. That gets them a little above 70 million. Then they have a bunch of cap space left. But that's to sign... everyone. Like, they have 11 more roster spots to fill. Then Cap holds from the 16th and 41st picks and we're down to 9.

My guess is they'll look to bring back Payne because his cap hold is pretty meager. Maybe Hield but his is almost 30 mil so that cuts into their star signing. It's gonna be a wild summer in Philly and if they get a big name they will have ZERO depth.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers/overview/_/year/2024
BAF Clippers

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,063

Post#1397 » by RHODEY » Thu May 23, 2024 7:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Yeah....

Hey but he's leaps and bounds better than Julius Randle.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1398 » by Capn'O » Thu May 23, 2024 7:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Maybe. But it feels like something stabilized with him. Like, you usually can't just put a lid on crazy. It'll come out.
BAF Clippers

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1399 » by MrDollarBills » Thu May 23, 2024 8:15 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Maybe. But it feels like something stabilized with him. Like, you usually can't just put a lid on crazy. It'll come out.

Regardless of how much the media tries to rehabilitate his image because Dallas is winning, I don't buy it. He most likely knows if he implodes here then that's it for him and he's got a good few years left in his career. For context, he was on his best behavior in Brooklyn for like six weeks after he basically shouted to the world that he hates Jewish people, and once it became clear that he wasn't getting a contract without stipulations, he dropped the act and blew up the team's season without hesitation....and deleted his apology for sharing antisemitic propaganda.

^that right there showed me what kind of person Kyrie is. He literally hurt people with his actions and it resulted in bomb threats being called into NJ synagogues. And he didn't give a f*ck.

It'll come out. It's not a matter of if.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#1400 » by Capn'O » Thu May 23, 2024 8:22 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Regardless of how much the media tries to rehabilitate his image because Dallas is winning, I don't buy it. He most likely knows if he implodes here then that's it for him and he's got a good few years left in his career. For context, he was on his best behavior in Brooklyn for like six weeks after he basically shouted to the world that he hates Jewish people, and once it became clear that he wasn't getting a contract without stipulations, he dropped the act and blew up the team's season without hesitation....and deleted his apology for sharing antisemitic propaganda.

^that right there showed me what kind of person Kyrie is. He literally hurt people with his actions and it resulted in bomb threats being called into NJ synagogues. And he didn't give a f*ck.

It'll come out. It's not a matter of if.

I'll come out and say what I'm thinking. I wonder if he's on meds now.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks