ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jimmy Butler asked for Trade !!

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: OT: Jimmy Butler asked for Trade !! 

Post#1401 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:22 pm

Jimmy Butler held hostage at an IHOP in Minnesota....crazy.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1402 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm

Either pay Jim or trade him.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1403 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:51 pm

K P 6 wrote:If this chit was happening here we wouldn't hear the end of it.

Minnesota isn’t hearing the end of it.
It’s the NBA...
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,172

Post#1404 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:51 pm

shtolky wrote:Seems like the model teammate. Crushes two young players mentally and acts like he's a winner when he hasn't advanced past the Eastern Conference Semis. Took him until his 4th season at age 25 to bust out and play like an all-star but damn the 23 year old Towns for not being a superstar right away. Would stay far, far away from him.

Well great point.
Many of those Butler-KAT arguments miss this.

I knew Butler become a star player after couple years but I was thinking he came to league early.
If it was his age 25 then he is not right to criticize those players.
*There are a lot aspects of life that you need to settle down. Living apart from your family, becoming really rich probably change many aspects of your life. I'm not saying lets feel sorry for KAT-Wiggins. I'm just saying physcologically there could be things holding them back. They'll figure out with time.

*Body growth isnt same for every people.
Moreover, you need to try new diet and practice routines to find the one suits you.
KAT wasnt soft for college but now he is. Remember his biggest opponent --> Jahlil Okafor.
Where is he now? Its not easy to face with all those NBA stars.

KAT-Wiggins being soft narrative is just too much now.
Problem with Wiggins probably about he's not being that good player. I never saw exceptional handling, shooting from him. He doesnt have body like GA/KD to dominate too. Not crafty like Doncic or good shooter like Middleton/Beal.
For KAT he probabaly needs time. He's 22. Thibs system doesnt help him too.
A.Davis had many worse years without being accused being soft. He is 3 year older than KAT.

I'm ok what Butler says. I dont think its that harmful. But I dont think he's %100 right. I wish he called out Thibs in all of those seasons with him.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#1405 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:53 pm

Jay10 wrote:any team that trades for jimmy butler and gives him a 5 year contract, after watching how Thibodeau runs down his players is nuts.

How about a 4 year extension?
I think there are many desperate teams that would want to do it.
Even some contenders would entertain the idea of it. Even 5 years seems plausible as I think more on it.

No one should give kings ransom for him though. That would be really bad move.
But if its just cap space **** it. Risk last year or 2.
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1406 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:53 pm

And I still don't know how its possible to get paid millions and just say "I'm not gonna play"
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#1407 » by Huey Freeman » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:58 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:And I still don't know how its possible to get paid millions and just say "I'm not gonna play"

I believe teams have rules and requirements for their assets (players) in which if not followed can lead to being fined. I'm pretty sure he could be fined for not showing up for work...it's up to Minny's discretion.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#1408 » by Jay10 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:05 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Jay10 wrote:any team that trades for jimmy butler and gives him a 5 year contract, after watching how Thibodeau runs down his players is nuts.

Even some contenders would entertain the idea of it. Even 5 years seems plausible as I think more on it.

They offered him an extension and he turned it down.

I don't think people are understanding the Butler-Timberwolves situation:

The money Towns got from the Timberwolves, Butler wanted for himself and now he knows he can't get the max contract from them he wants out.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,660

Post#1409 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Melo gonna get waived. He'll be begging for a bench spot somewhere.

:rofl2:
Free Palestine
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1410 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:26 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:
ChilledAlex wrote:And I still don't know how its possible to get paid millions and just say "I'm not gonna play"

I believe teams have rules and requirements for their assets (players) in which if not followed can lead to being fined. I'm pretty sure he could be fined for not showing up for work...it's up to Minny's discretion.

If there was then journalists would sniff that out and publish it 100%. There's not even rumors afaik so it must be like that. Or is the sum so small nobody gives a **** :lol:
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,266

Post#1411 » by Juco24 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 pm

EXACTLY!! I want that deal
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#1412 » by awy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:09 pm

minny is still trying to save face by saying butler is "injured". that'll hurt their case if they want to claim butler is refusing to play.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#1413 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
yeah. i think that offer is still out there. they need it. i'm sure the 1st 3 picks were always protected. it's the one 7 years from now that isn't. harden has been out. they're not gonna miss the playoffs. the wolves wouldn't even want this year's pick to be the unprotected one.

I don't believe the 1st one is allowed to be protected according the the Stepien/7 year rules.

someone said 1 had to be but i din't know it was the first one. i don't know the rule. then probably they're gonna want 2 to be unprotected and that's the hold up. this year's pick won't be good. there's no way paul, harden and butler are missing the playoffs.

I think the logic is the Stepien rule of not being able to be void of a 1st round pick in consecutive years means you can only trade a maximum of four 1st rounders at a time (assuming you don't hold anyone else's) because you're also only allowed to trade draft picks 7 years into the future.

So if there are protections on this year's pick, that means the last pick of the four isn't "guaranteed" to land in the next 7 years. If there are no protections on the pick, then the remaining three picks can roll forward with each subsequent 7 year window if they don't convey.

But that's just me guessing, not because of any explanation I've read.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#1414 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:22 pm

K P 6 wrote:If this chit was happening here we wouldn't hear the end of it.

In NY, the stories don't even have to be true to be rolled over and over again (media bs/speculation)

So yea, you can say that again

Knicks should only have interest if THJR is going the other way.. and nobody is dumb enough to trade for THJR

I'd still prefer the tank

#tank4adukey
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#1415 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 3:52 pm

Jay10 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:

They offered him an extension and he turned it down.

I don't think people are understanding the Butler-Timberwolves situation:

The money Towns got from the Timberwolves, Butler wanted for himself and now he knows he can't get the max contract from them he wants out.

I was talking for other teams. TWolves may have low balled him as they have Wiggins and KAT.
But there are teams ending up giving max contract to Barnes-Parsons type players. They'd gladly pay Butler what he wants.

Return to New York Knicks