ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,662

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1421 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:FWIW:

The New York Mets have formally offered free-agent starter Trevor Bauer a contract that would make him baseball’s highest-paid player based on an annual average salary, a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

:D

I am kinda torn his off the field stuff is a bit rough to deal with but he is a really talented pitcher.

Do you have any issues with signing him...seems like there is a good portion that don't want him on the Mets. Even SNY is starting the come at him with the Doug Williams tweet.

Yeah, especially after Beltran and then Porter. But, ultimately, I trust Sandy. I'd prefer less years with a higher average yearly salary.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,884

Post#1422 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:41 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
:D

I am kinda torn his off the field stuff is a bit rough to deal with but he is a really talented pitcher.

Do you have any issues with signing him...seems like there is a good portion that don't want him on the Mets. Even SNY is starting the come at him with the Doug Williams tweet.

Yeah, especially after Beltran and then Porter. But, ultimately, I trust Sandy. I'd prefer less years with a higher average yearly salary.

Yeah I would hope it would be a shorter term deal.

Beltran and Porter didn't seem like anything the mets could do. That was stuff they did with other organizations. The Bauer stuff is public and its very odd to see SNY the home of the mets actually try to "cancel" Bauer to the Mets before it even happens.
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1423 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:34 am

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Yeah I would hope it would be a shorter term deal.

Beltran and Porter didn't seem like anything the mets could do. That was stuff they did with other organizations. The Bauer stuff is public and its very odd to see SNY the home of the mets actually try to "cancel" Bauer to the Mets before it even happens.

Yeah, each situation was different but they were still bad looks imo. Bauer seems like he's just a yapper and teams have won with consternation on the roster. The rotation will be unbelievable. And then Thor comes back! Wow.
Free Palestine
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,884

Post#1424 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:41 am

Read on Twitter

gotta think this means something big is coming...mets didn't have a lot of pitching depth to begin with.
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,515

Post#1425 » by aggo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:02 am

has to be Bauer.

no reason to otherwise clear up 5.2m?

bring the tacky glue to the whole rotation Trevor.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#1426 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 am

The New York Mets wrote:We have acquired RHP Sean Reid-Foley, RHP Josh Winckowski and RHP Yennsy Díaz from Toronto in exchange for LHP Steven Matz. #Mets https://bit.ly/39oyp6q

Hmm thoughts? Idk **** about prospects
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,334

Post#1427 » by Stannis » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Not sure I can cheer for this team anymore. A disgusting owner
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#1428 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Stannis wrote:Not sure I can cheer for this team anymore. A disgusting owner

lol bye then
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1429 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm

dave portnoy tried to clap at steve but steve clapped back on twitter.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#1430 » by ForzaMetro » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:52 pm

This off-season has really been something lol
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#1431 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:05 pm

blueNorange wrote:dave portnoy tried to clap at steve but steve clapped back on twitter.

his clap back was terrible.

he's a billionaire and he played the "i'm just trying to make a living" card. like gtfo.

don't let your fanhood blind you. Cohen is a piece of sh*t for what he did today at the very least. Market manipulation against some retail investors that were smart and finally clapped back against hedge funds profiting over shorting stock.

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1432 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
blueNorange wrote:dave portnoy tried to clap at steve but steve clapped back on twitter.

he's a billionaire and he played the "i'm just trying to make a living" card. like gtfo.

don't let your fanhood blind you. Cohen is a piece of sh*t for what he did today at the very least. Market manipulation against some retail investors that were smart and finally clapped back against hedge funds profiting over shorting stock.

nope, it was perfect.

he made dave be a guy arguing with someone that's agreeing with him and then it ended with dave saying "ya know what, at lease he's answering my questions"

dave looked like a moron.

you play with trading/stocks, you know the consequences.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#1433 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:35 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:

nope, it was perfect.

he made dave be a guy arguing with someone that's agreeing with him and then it ended with dave saying "ya know what, at lease he's answering my questions"

they literally changed the rules today. The normal people were winning over the billionaire hedge funds and those hedge funds cried to their bosses and forced a lot of brokers to not allow the buying only selling of multiple stocks. This caused the prices to tank hard.

This isn't a normal situation. Please read up on it before acting like its a normal stock scenario.

Stannis
RealGM

Post#1434 » by Stannis » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:36 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:

nope, it was perfect.

Looks like you stopped at that one Tweet. Dave kept going and Steve was being avoidant. He gave some silly excuses.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Looks like retail investors are the only ones who get consequences while hedge funds get bailouts.

I don't think brokers ever restricted stocks from being bought.

It was clear as day what was going on. This was manipulation.

RH and other brokerages were 100% with the Tesla and Zoom run-ups this last year, but stopped GameStop because a hedge fund was on the other end.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1435 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:his clap back was terrible.

nope, it was perfect.

they literally changed the rules today. The normal people were winning over the billionaire hedge funds and those hedge funds cried to their bosses and forced a lot of brokers to not allow the buying only selling of multiple stocks. This caused the prices to tank hard.

This isn't a normal situation. Please read up on it before acting like its a normal stock scenario.

AOC is calling for a House investigation on this and she's on that Committee. This is serious. Fck these hedge fund guys.
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1436 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:41 pm

lol
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1437 » by Stannis » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:50 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:his clap back was terrible.

nope, it was perfect.

Exactly. Not one time has a stock been restricted like this unless they got de listed for fraud or something.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1438 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Stannis wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
blueNorange wrote:nope, it was perfect.

Exactly. Not one time has a stock been restricted like this unless they got de listed for fraud or something.

So where are we at with Bauer? :lol:
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1439 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:38 pm

to all of you:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1440 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:56 pm

i hope the mets go after albert almora and not jackie bradley jr, hopefully a change of scenery helps almora.

his struggles happened the moment he, unfortunately, struck a girl with a foul ball. he had a .740 ops on may 29th, 2019 and it's been downhill since then.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks