ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,652

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1441 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:DJ deal is done. Now let's go get Bauer or Kluber.

All this BS for only $15 million/year? :rofl:

Beat the Mets
Beat the Mets
Step right up and beat the Mets
:beer: RIP mags
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,115

Post#1442 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I'm one of the rare Yankee fans that's not completely and totally all-in on LeMahieu. I love what the guy's done and am a big supporter, and I'm not saying he's a fluke, but there seems to be a lot of potential variance in his production, and we haven't seen the downside of it yet in NYC. Hopefully we never do.

There’s potential variance in everyone’s production, from Gary Sanchez to Aaron Judge. I think DJ’s skills age well though.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,641

Post#1443 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:42 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:DJ deal is done. Now let's go get Bauer or Kluber.

All this BS for only $15 million/year? :rofl:

Beat the Mets
Beat the Mets
Step right up and beat the Mets

Free Palestine
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#1444 » by Butch718 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:46 pm

Trade for Castillo, with Frazier as part of package. Sign Brantley.

Upgrade the pen.

Go to war.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#1445 » by Jump Shot » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:59 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:I'm one of the rare Yankee fans that's not completely and totally all-in on LeMahieu. I love what the guy's done and am a big supporter, and I'm not saying he's a fluke, but there seems to be a lot of potential variance in his production, and we haven't seen the downside of it yet in NYC. Hopefully we never do.

There’s potential variance in everyone’s production, from Gary Sanchez to Aaron Judge. I think DJ’s skills age well though.

There's no variance for Fat Gary, he sucks all day every day.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,097

Post#1446 » by knicks94 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:37 pm

If the Yankees can acquire Luis Castillo I do not see how they aren't World Series favorites.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1447 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:41 pm

knicks94 wrote:If the Yankees can acquire Luis Castillo I do not see how they aren't World Series favorites.

We'll need to see if he can handle NYC. I'm super skeptical after our past acquisitions. Cole has mostly panned out, but some of these bums...
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1448 » by knicks94 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:53 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
knicks94 wrote:If the Yankees can acquire Luis Castillo I do not see how they aren't World Series favorites.

We'll need to see if he can handle NYC. I'm super skeptical after our past acquisitions. Cole has mostly panned out, but some of these bums...

They wouldn't be paying him a lot of money and the Yankees would have team control over him for the next 3 years.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1449 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:35 am

Butch718 wrote:Trade for Castillo, with Frazier as part of package. Sign Brantley.

Upgrade the pen.

Go to war.

Going to take a big package of prospects to pry away Castillo. I frankly don't see Cashman doing it.
Davis18
Pro Prospect
And1: 779

Post#1450 » by Davis18 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:06 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Trade for Castillo, with Frazier as part of package. Sign Brantley.

Upgrade the pen.

Go to war.

Going to take a big package of prospects to pry away Castillo. I frankly don't see Cashman doing it.

I think Frazier & Andujar plus lesser prospects is pretty good package.
Cole, Castillo, Monty, Deivi, Kluber/Schmidt and Sevy in 2nd half.
Definitely need Sevy to comeback strong.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#1451 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:53 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:

Upgrade the pen.

Go to war.

We just saw the Mets acquire Lindor and Carrasco for a bag of peanuts.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM

Post#1452 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:54 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:

Upgrade the pen.

Go to war.

We just saw the Mets acquire Lindor and Carrasco for a bag of peanuts.

He's not a young cost controlled pitcher, different animal.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM

Post#1453 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Heyman is reporting that the Reds asked for Torres in a Castillo deal, Yankees said no, and that's it. Castillo likely not going anywhere.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#1454 » by GEOLINK » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:14 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Heyman is reporting that the Reds asked for Torres in a Castillo deal, Yankees said no, and that's it. Castillo likely not going anywhere.

Of course.

Any trade the Yankees are in they immediately ask for Gleyber while other teams get to trade their 3/4 string prospects for great players.

Think the league has had enough with Cashman trade raids. This is why you spend the money in free agency.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM

Post#1455 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:26 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Heyman is reporting that the Reds asked for Torres in a Castillo deal, Yankees said no, and that's it. Castillo likely not going anywhere.

Of course.

Any trade the Yankees are in they immediately ask for Gleyber while other teams get to trade their 3/4 string prospects for great players.

Think the league has had enough with Cashman trade raids. This is why you spend the money in free agency.

They aren’t going to spend on Bauer so I suspect Cashman rolls with Kluber as his only new starter addition.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1456 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:29 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

Of course.

They aren’t going to spend on Bauer so I suspect Cashman rolls with Kluber as his only new starter addition.

Not surprising. We don’t have the money like the rich cats in Queens. I think we need to trade Aaron Judge for prospects before he hits FA. How far away is Gleybor? Maybe we can trade him to the Dodgers for some of their B tier prospects.
knicks94
Lead Assistant

Post#1457 » by knicks94 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:38 pm

GEOLINK wrote:

Of course.

I agree! You never see anyone ask the Boston Red Sox for Xander Boegarts or the Toronto Blue Jays for Vlad Jr. Look at what the Mets gave up for Lindor. Had it been the Yankees trading with Cleveland they probably would have had to give up Gleyber, Frazier, and Garcia.

What do the Reds even need Gleyber for? They are not rebuilding any time soon and if Torres plays to his potential Cincinnati is not going to be able to afford to keep him in a few years.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#1458 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 pm

knicks94 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

They wouldn't be paying him a lot of money and the Yankees would have team control over him for the next 3 years.

That was basically the same thing they had with Sonny Gray. :cheesygrin:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1459 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:48 pm

blueNorange wrote:so gerrit cole is one of many pitchers being investigated for doctoring the baseball

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/01/08/gerrit-cole-justin-verlander-named-lawsuit-angels-illegal-ball-doctoring-substances

makes sense, houston did cheat — trevor bauer also called out on this cheating before he decided to cheat himself (which is why no team is signing him to big bucks/long term)

If banging drums and buzzers didn't help the Astro's win I can't see how sticky substances can help Cole pitch. Pitchers have been doctoring balls since the beginning.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1460 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:50 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Now you'll have the next 6 years to find out. :lol:

This is basically a 4-5 year $90 million deal with deferrals at the end of the day. Wouldn't surprise me if the Yankees don't expect more than 4 or 5 years out of him and would be ok with him not even being around for year 6. That's why this deal is great for the hear and now but maybe not so for year 5 or 6. At the end of the day it's basically a 4.5 year $90 million deal (or $22.5 million a year for his likely useful years) which is kinda what he was looking for.

Return to New York Knicks