ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 50,834

Re: 2020 Presidential Election Thread presents: The Aftermath (Part 2) 

Post#1541 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:33 pm

stuporman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Skepticism is warranted. The need to advocate for these changes is needed.

What I don't need from Stupor or anyone else is to be talked down to for saying it needs to be addressed. It just so happens to be this is now the Biden administration so if it is going to happen then it will have to happen under their watch. Saying that does not make me or anyone else an apologist. I hope we can stop with the offensive generic finger wagging

I kinda thought you both had some valid points, this is just a tough and unprecedented situation where clearly something has to be done but the history of those we have to depend on to fix this can't be ignored either

It isn't all that unprecedented. Maybe the siege on the capital was an unprecedented event but supremacists violently taking control of power and brutally oppressing others is the way they have been doing it for centuries.

The blindly 'reaching out' to these types in compromise to the conservative ideology done by centrists is why the societal injustice and inequality has persisted as it has and why the US's overton window stays pegged in right wing religious extremism.

Yeah I agree with that. I think people sometimes forget that pragmatism is supposed to be fluid and change as the situation changes, that's to say what was considered pragmatic yesterday might not be what's pragmatic today. For decades the GOP has been on an outright crusade to seize power at all costs and perfectly willing to bend or break the rules and established norms as much as possible to get this power, even now going as far to incite an attack on the capitol to stop democracy and prevent an election result. Making it a goal to compromise and unify with people who want you dead is no longer pragmatism, like these ideas once may have been considered, it's now essentially fascist collaboration. The true pragmatic action would be for the dems to realize the dire threat that their opponents have become and fight back like lives depend on it, taking advantage of every possible avenue to take power away from the GOP even if they cry and whine and scream "hypocrisy" at them while they do it. Add some supreme court seats. Make DC and Puerto Rico states. Give us a new voting rights act. Do some stuff. This might be the last chance

And then beyond all that, good people in society probably shouldn't rely on the government alone to save us from this and have to start putting some work in
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 63,576

Post#1542 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42 pm

robillionaire wrote:Yeah I agree with that. I think people sometimes forget that pragmatism is supposed to be fluid and change as the situation changes, that's to say what was considered pragmatic yesterday might not be what's pragmatic today. For decades the GOP has been on an outright crusade to seize power at all costs and perfectly willing to bend or break the rules and established norms as much as possible to get this power, even now going as far to incite an attack on the capitol to stop democracy and prevent an election result. Making it a goal to compromise and unify with people who want you dead is no longer pragmatism, like these ideas once may have been considered, it's now essentially fascist collaboration. The true pragmatic action would be for the dems to realize the dire threat that their opponents have become and fight back like lives depend on it, taking advantage of every possible avenue to take power away from the GOP even if they cry and whine and scream "hypocrisy" at them while they do it. Add some supreme court seats. Make DC and Puerto Rico states. Give us a new voting rights act. Do some stuff. This might be the last chance

And then beyond all that, good people in society probably shouldn't rely on the government alone to save us from this and have to start putting some work in

Exactly. Those are concrete suggestions on how to consolidate power so you actually have the muscle to effect positive changes. Fck the GOP. They blew it. I've already said let Biden play the conciliatory role for theatrical purposes, but the bottom line is you need to seize the controls and not let go. That's not apologetics, it is understanding context and cultural complexities, but at the end of the day it comes down to putting together a stronger set of voters and winning. I'm not interested in re-educating MAGA. We need to walk the talk by winning elections, not by being shrill and intolerant. We should not tolerate MAGA's defecation on fair elections and should punish every last traitor among them. I'm not looking for mercy. I'm just pissed off at being crapped on for advocating common sense while we go about the business of cleaning up this mess. Common sense is knowing what battles to fight and the ones worth fighting are many. The battles we do not need to fight are matching MAGA's rhetoric or pedantic BS at every opportunity.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,544

Post#1543 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Harvard has more balls than the former GOP now QAnonsense party
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1544 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:18 pm

Adults acting like, adults. Who knew

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 22,520

Post#1545 » by Pointgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Harvard has more balls than the former GOP now QAnonsense party

Stefanik is one of the worst price of trash GOP members. I’ll **** dance for joy when she’s beaten in a house race.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1546 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Logic. The enemy of MAGAland

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1547 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter

mwah ha ha ha
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1548 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Not mincing words about her coworkers.

Nor should she

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1549 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 pm

Read on Twitter
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 17,453

Post#1550 » by stuporman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:31 pm

robillionaire wrote:
stuporman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
I kinda thought you both had some valid points, this is just a tough and unprecedented situation where clearly something has to be done but the history of those we have to depend on to fix this can't be ignored either

It isn't all that unprecedented. Maybe the siege on the capital was an unprecedented event but supremacists violently taking control of power and brutally oppressing others is the way they have been doing it for centuries.

The blindly 'reaching out' to these types in compromise to the conservative ideology done by centrists is why the societal injustice and inequality has persisted as it has and why the US's overton window stays pegged in right wing religious extremism.

Yeah I agree with that. I think people sometimes forget that pragmatism is supposed to be fluid and change as the situation changes, that's to say what was considered pragmatic yesterday might not be what's pragmatic today. For decades the GOP has been on an outright crusade to seize power at all costs and perfectly willing to bend or break the rules and established norms as much as possible to get this power, even now going as far to incite an attack on the capitol to stop democracy and prevent an election result. Making it a goal to compromise and unify with people who want you dead is no longer pragmatism, like these ideas once may have been considered, it's now essentially fascist collaboration. The true pragmatic action would be for the dems to realize the dire threat that their opponents have become and fight back like lives depend on it, taking advantage of every possible avenue to take power away from the GOP even if they cry and whine and scream "hypocrisy" at them while they do it. Add some supreme court seats. Make DC and Puerto Rico states. Give us a new voting rights act. Do some stuff. This might be the last chance

I would amend that idea to 'for centuries the conservative religious right have been on a crusade to seize and keep power at all costs'. The current primary incarnation may be the GOP but it isn't limited to just that current form.

It really boggles the mind that when the right has legislative control they howl about how they have a total mandate for 100% of their policies and everyone that isn't them are evil, unamerican and need to be purged from society to save their country. Yet if they don't have the legislative control they preach compromise about how half the country can't be ignored and they are the noble ones who are being victimized by the evil, unamerican degenerates.

Yet the establishment dems fall for this ruse time after time and expect the results to be different each time. If the dems actually put policies that help the people instead of the wealthy and corporations they wouldn't have to win an ideological debate with people who believe in figments of the imagination. Those policies would improve people's material conditions so they wouldn't be gripped in fear, misery and more susceptible to emotional manipulation from the right.

The problem is that politics is so corrupted that they don't have to actually do anything to help the average person, they just have to play the partisan game and use the rhetoric to emotionally manipulate as well. Then the manipulated masses get mad at you when you point this out to them.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1551 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1552 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:33 pm

stuporman wrote:An act? People dying in violent terrorism is an act? Are you some Alex Jones conspiracy wing nut? You apparently have no clue what I know or understand if you think I follow pundits but if you think they are all 'the same' then you are some tin foil hat loon who will violently storm the capital because you believe some deep state theory.

Maybe when you finally wake up you will realize that it's not an act.... this is real life, people are dying, people are oppressed, people's lives are destroyed by the actions of these elites and not all of them are the same, not all of them are play acting in some kabuki theater where they are back slapping at the club drinking together after a day at the job on stage.

There are a few of them that are actually trying to make a difference, like Bernie and the Justice democrats which if you can't recognize this and see who are the ones that are so support those who really care, that are trying to help people then you need to wake up otherwise it will never change. If you just lump them all in together as the same then this violent delusion is what happens.

Dude what are you even talking about. Get your panties out of a bunch and tale a chill pill. Do you even take the time to understand what im saying or do you just want to imagine for yourself what im saying? Do you actually think im saying that all these people dying is some sort of act? Like seriously?

Im saying politics is an act. The politicians arguing with each other is an act. THem caring about us and america is an act...Trump/biden/obama/clintons are just puppets playing a role. Theyre actors. They create drama and we follow it and fight amongst ourselves. I believe the virus in man made and was used to spread fear throughout the world. All apart of their grand scheme to gain full control over us.

Disagree with me if you want. Im not wrong
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1553 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Read on Twitter
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 50,834

Post#1554 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#1555 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:42 pm

Read on Twitter
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 51,714

Post#1556 » by DOT » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
stuporman wrote:An act? People dying in violent terrorism is an act? Are you some Alex Jones conspiracy wing nut? You apparently have no clue what I know or understand if you think I follow pundits but if you think they are all 'the same' then you are some tin foil hat loon who will violently storm the capital because you believe some deep state theory.

Maybe when you finally wake up you will realize that it's not an act.... this is real life, people are dying, people are oppressed, people's lives are destroyed by the actions of these elites and not all of them are the same, not all of them are play acting in some kabuki theater where they are back slapping at the club drinking together after a day at the job on stage.

There are a few of them that are actually trying to make a difference, like Bernie and the Justice democrats which if you can't recognize this and see who are the ones that are so support those who really care, that are trying to help people then you need to wake up otherwise it will never change. If you just lump them all in together as the same then this violent delusion is what happens.

Dude what are you even talking about. Get your panties out of a bunch and tale a chill pill. Do you even take the time to understand what im saying or do you just want to imagine for yourself what im saying? Do you actually think im saying that all these people dying is some sort of act? Like seriously?

Im saying politics is an act. The politicians arguing with each other is an act. THem caring about us and america is an act...Trump/biden/obama/clintons are just puppets playing a role. Theyre actors. They create drama and we follow it and fight amongst ourselves. I believe the virus in man made and was used to spread fear throughout the world. All apart of their grand scheme to gain full control over us.

When do we get to the point where you come out and say it's (((them))) who are controlling everything?

Cause that's where this line of thinking always ends up.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 17,453

Post#1557 » by stuporman » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
You really do need to get laid

You really do need to get a clue.

You will never get laid the way you talk to people. If you carried on like this at a party you'd be ostracized in five minutes. You're uptight. Your lecturing is prudish and unattractive. Of course, you'll tell us you're in the right so you don't care, but that's how tone deaf you are.

Still clueless I see, this is a discussion thread about politics not a party so again your narrative twisting only serves to expose your ignorance. All you seem to care about is your ego desires soothed so isn't surprising you use sex as a barometer of self worth....and why you come up lacking. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1558 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 pm

Pointgod wrote:
No what you’re saying is patently stupid. I’m not calling you stupid but your whole argument is idiotic conspiracy ramblings and I guarantee you that you couldn’t explain a coherent argument as to the end purpose or present legitimate facts that support what you’re saying.

If you say so. I know what i know and its not off some conspiracy **** i read off the internet. Im very well connected in many places and ive done years of research into our ancient/world history as well as read many different forms of holy and ancient text/scriptures/books. I have formed my opinon based off speaking with many experts/truth seekers as well as people who have access to classified knowledge/information that average person doesnt have.

Funny how you can talk to a complete stranger like this on the internet. :lol: :lol:

Keep trusting your government. Whichever side you like they are both good :thumbsup: :lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1559 » by dakomish23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

The victim hood b/c they don’t get to attempt a coup with no repercussions is just disgusting

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1560 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

When do we get to the point where you come out and say it's (((them))) who are controlling everything?

Cause that's where this line of thinking always ends up.

Who the Jews? Ya its the Jews.

Return to New York Knicks