ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 123,567

Re: Knicks @ Nyets - The Sequel (Sun, Oct 8th 7:30 PM EST) 

Post#1621 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:25 pm

just to lighten up the mood
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NYKnicks6
Senior
And1: 399

Post#1622 » by NYKnicks6 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:26 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:But hey the ball movement is there right guys? No more iso ball and ugly basketball they said. Haha you all played yourselves.

lol. Dude it's 3 preseason games.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,817

Post#1623 » by god shammgod » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:some of yall need to realize this will get ugly, this is what breaking down a roster and tanking looks like. You will have to deal with it. Hopefully the individual performances of KP/Frank/WHG/THjr/Dotson will get some of you through this but it will get ugly and we can't over analyze a tanking year. Goal #1 is get a top pick. As long as well do that its a success. Everything else is gravy.

Parts of it are glorious. We shouldn't have hitched ourselves so heavily to Hardaway but I can't argue with the results so far!

yeah, the timmy thing is bad. the one issue where the knicks continue to f*ck up is the salary cap. the sixers, even with all their dealing to get picks, always maintained an immaculate cap. even this year, they grossly overpaid reddick for one year instead of multiple years to maintain flexibility. they're way ahead of us.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,544

Post#1624 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Red Vines wrote:As long as we can get some good defense at PG & SF, Tim, KP, and Kanter can score the ball. I think we might have to start Dotson or Lance at SF right now.

to me, there is no really good lineup and there is no coach who can implement a defense so why bother ?

sell any piece you can. cut veterans on minimum contracts for g-league tryouts. and tank.

It won't happen often, but I'd like to see how a

Baker
Frank
Dotson
KP
KOQ

Line up does out there defensively. Might even be better offensively.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 14,011

Post#1625 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:But hey the ball movement is there right guys? No more iso ball and ugly basketball they said. Haha you all played yourselves.

well damn....played yourselves even

look, we all knew there was a lot more than that going on. but i'm happy melo got out, it's better for him. better for us too. now we get to see what the problems are exactly. we get to see what kp is made of or not. and how far we are from our goals. and it seems to be that, we're really really far. this thing wanted to die but melo was holding it from dying. now it's going to and it's going to painful. but it needed to. we're starting from scratch.

Oh I totally agree. Melo needed to go for sure. But the people we brought back were just no help for us going forward. Enes is a waste. McD is good but flawed as a player. We're going to be just awful defensively. Worse than we would have if we had just kept him to be honest. there was a way to make this fun for the fans and we went the complete opposite way of that. I'm usually not that down on our teams and am fairly optimistic but this is going to get really bad at some points. I'm talking about giving up 120+ on a consistent basis and that's with Beasley looking surprisingly decent defensively.
NYKnicks6
Senior

Post#1626 » by NYKnicks6 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:just to lighten up the mood

Sadly instead of the trophy you need to be dangling this past drafts 5th pick lol.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#1627 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:30 pm

NYKnicks6 wrote:

And what exactly do you think is going to change in 10 days? all of a sudden the Knicks will look competent defensively when about only 4 of our players have ever been that for long stretches of their careers. Let's stop sugar coating chit just to keep being disappointed with ourselves. We suck defensively and if our chuckers aren't hitting we will lose by 20 points night in and night out. Period. End of story.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1628 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:this board is so hungry to blame someone

Even the coach in a preseason game missing half his starters on a tank team

Come on

It was a pathetic showing
But saying it'll just be this way the whole time Jeff is here is bs. We don't know that at all. In fact there is no reason to think that based on his character, history and reputation.

His character is awful to be a head coach. He is too much of a nice guy to deal with the nba egos. He got a towel thrown at his face by a scrub and didn't do anything. What do you think a great coach like Riley, Phil, Pop would have done in that scenario?

His history is that of one decent season and then terrible seasons thereafter.

His reputation is that of a nice guy. Nice guy coaches don't last in the nba.
making statements doesn't mean speaking the truth

There are plenty of successful nice guy coaches in the NBA. Plenty.
And plenty of A-hole coaches that don't succeed.
And what we need is a teacher and a guy who can keep the team focused on growing and staying optimistic through this season of sucking

I'll bet you love what's happened in Phili. Their coach is the nicest guy in the history of the game

Philly's coach is not a "nice guy". His demeanor is not that of a nice guy pushover like Jeff.

Again you ignored that he got a towel thrown at his face by one of his players during a game and didn't even react. Who the hell is going to follow or listen to a guy like that?

His nba records are not "making statements". Those are facts.

Ignore them if you will but his body of work shows he is a pushover.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1629 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:some of yall need to realize this will get ugly, this is what breaking down a roster and tanking looks like. You will have to deal with it. Hopefully the individual performances of KP/Frank/WHG/THjr/Dotson will get some of you through this but it will get ugly and we can't over analyze a tanking year. Goal #1 is get a top pick. As long as well do that its a success. Everything else is gravy.

Parts of it are glorious. We shouldn't have hitched ourselves so heavily to Hardaway but I can't argue with the results so far!

yeah, the timmy thing is bad. the one issue where the knicks continue to f*ck up is the salary cap. the sixers, even with all their dealing to get picks, always maintained an immaculate cap. even this year, they grossly overpaid reddick for one year instead of multiple years to maintain flexibility. they're way ahead of us.

Yup. Nailed it.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,392

Post#1630 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:32 pm

A really dumb post. People like you who keep saying this **** look like fools. So what if Melo was here right now? Do we lose to the Nets by 10 points instead? What's the future look like with Melo on the team right now? We win more games this season and don't make the playoffs?

Like seriously these posts are childish. Melo being here doesn't change ****. This is how it works. The team sucks. Who ever thought the team would be better without Melo?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 95,606

Post#1631 » by Capn'O » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Very far. They started first but they're still pulling further ahead. People that thought they just tanked are very wrong. It's not the rocket surgery some claim but they did do a great job of grabbing high level assets and managing their cap. Found some real suckers. Hopefully Perry's a little slicker with that. He's clean of that deal's stench.
BAF Clippers: Great Team. No Future.
PG: SGA | Coleworld
SG: Big Ragu | Merrill
SF: Kuminga | Dorture Chamber
PF: KAT | Saric
C: BroLo | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Mitchell | Houstan | Bailey | K Williams | Fernando

:beer:
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#1632 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:33 pm

Fury wrote:

Played what? We are getting Doncic now which is way better than watching Melo shoot turnaround jumpers

It's more about how we look while doing it... I'm happy we may get a good prospect but we're banking on us batting .1000 drafting which almost never happens. Tanking sucks and I hate it. There's fun tanking and then there's what the Knicks are doing...
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1633 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:

look, we all knew there was a lot more than that going on. but i'm happy melo got out, it's better for him. better for us too. now we get to see what the problems are exactly. we get to see what kp is made of or not. and how far we are from our goals. and it seems to be that, we're really really far. this thing wanted to die but melo was holding it from dying. now it's going to and it's going to painful. but it needed to. we're starting from scratch.

You already knew what the problems were exactly.

People simply used Melo as a scapegoat because they didn’t like him for various reasons.

Now the same **** that was said while he was here being the problem by people who weren’t blaming him is STILL the problem.

Guard Play
Coaching
Defense

This **** don’t change. Shuffle these players all you want but until guard play takes a HUGE step forward, our coach isn’t a jackass and our defense isn’t vomit inducing we will continue the legacy of the 21st century Knicks. Trash ass team.

It wasn’t Melo. People with common sense knew that.

This roster is still very much intact too. Gutted my ass. Knicks are out here Knicking.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,544

Post#1634 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:33 pm

The narrative changed from "we'll be so much better!" to "we wanted to lose anyway!" in a span of 3 preseason games :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NYKnicks6
Senior

Post#1635 » by NYKnicks6 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:34 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
NYKnicks6 wrote:

And what exactly do you think is going to change in 10 days? all of a sudden the Knicks will look competent defensively when about only 4 of our players have ever been that for long stretches of their careers. Let's stop sugar coating chit just to keep being disappointed with ourselves. We suck defensively and if our chuckers aren't hitting we will lose by 20 points night in and night out. Period. End of story.

We were a 30 win team with Melo here. Did you really expect this team to take a leap and compete this year? We are rebuilding in case you were not aware.Many players need to go, and many new players need to come in before we will even be relevant.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1636 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:

look, we all knew there was a lot more than that going on. but i'm happy melo got out, it's better for him. better for us too. now we get to see what the problems are exactly. we get to see what kp is made of or not. and how far we are from our goals. and it seems to be that, we're really really far. this thing wanted to die but melo was holding it from dying. now it's going to and it's going to be painful. but it needed to. we're starting from scratch.

Excellent post.
Still very, very negative.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,817

Post#1637 » by god shammgod » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:35 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Oh I totally agree. Melo needed to go for sure. But the people we brought back were just no help for us going forward. Enes is a waste. McD is good but flawed as a player. We're going to be just awful defensively. Worse than we would have if we had just kept him to be honest. there was a way to make this fun for the fans and we went the complete opposite way of that. I'm usually not that down on our teams and am fairly optimistic but this is going to get really bad at some points. I'm talking about giving up 120+ on a consistent basis and that's with Beasley looking surprisingly decent defensively.

i agree, i have no interest in doug or enes. and neither will the knicks when it's time to pay them. i advocated that the cleveland deal was better because it was less guaranteed money. and this year is not gonna be fun at all. but that's how you get those good picks. i don't like it but that's the system they have set up.

we all need second teams this year. because watching this team for 82 is something they would do to people in guantanamo.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 123,567

Post#1638 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:35 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

The narrative changed from "we'll be so much better!" to "we wanted to lose anyway!" in a span of 3 preseason games :lol:

wheres K P 6? :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
XxMisterFreakXx
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#1639 » by XxMisterFreakXx » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:36 pm

would like to see a starting lineup of tonight of:

Baker or Frank
THJ
Lee
Doug (as a 4)
KP

i'm kind of intrigued to see what that lineup can do got a lot of shooting and have a pg that can actually help the flow of the offense.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1640 » by Greenie » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:36 pm

When we fire Jeff...

Return to New York Knicks