ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Predict the Finals

Raps in 4
20%
Raptors in 5
19%
Raptors in 6
15%
Raptors in 7
10%
Warriors in 7
5%
Warriors in 6
18%
Warriors in 5
9%
Warriors in 4
3%

Total votes: 88

xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Re: Around the NBA - 2019 NBA Finals Edition 

Post#1681 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:54 am

Raptors defense was abysmal in those last 2 minutes. Those Curry/Klay 3s were far too easy. They thought they had the game in the bag after being up 6? Awful defense.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#1682 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:55 am

JustCame wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:Both Kawhi and AD are still options. All is not lost.

Kawhi won't come here over LAC, but he's probably staying in TOR.

An AD trade would be foolish without KD.

Case is closed. I'm heartbroken tbh. I thought KD to the Knicks was a slam dunk.

At least we have a solid core moving forward (RJ, Mitch, Knox, DSJ, Mavs 1sts, etc.). If we tank another year we'll be set.

You're making guesses about what Kawhi will or won't do using your opinion and not fact.

Also, Kawhi and KD play the same position. So, if KD and AD could work, then Kawhi and AD could work as well.

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I won't be foolish and make these "0% chance" predictions posters are making like they really know what they're talking about.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#1683 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:56 am

We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,465

Post#1684 » by GONYK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:57 am

EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

Gave away a promising young player/huge asset for a couple of first round picks that won’t evsn be that good a picks

He was leaving anyway. If he committed, we wouldn't have traded him.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#1685 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1686 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 am

KD likely to take his PO next season.
Think he has to decide before FA before he knows what the offers are.

This is really disappointing. Not only for the Knicks but KD in general. If you think about it, he and the warriors are still in great shape.
The splash bros are a championship caliber combo, and they have a point power forward that seems to make offense their offense click.

Maybe it's a key to their heavy 3 point offense as they run something similar in houston.
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#1687 » by JustCame » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:58 am

Knick4Real wrote:
JustCame wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:Both Kawhi and AD are still options. All is not lost.

Case is closed. I'm heartbroken tbh. I thought KD to the Knicks was a slam dunk.

At least we have a solid core moving forward (RJ, Mitch, Knox, DSJ, Mavs 1sts, etc.). If we tank another year we'll be set.

You're making guesses about what Kawhi will or won't do using your opinion and not fact.

Also, Kawhi and KD play the same position. So, if KD and AD could work, then Kawhi and AD could work as well.

I don't know if it will happen or not, but I won't be foolish and make these "0% chance" predictions posters are making like they really know what they're talking about.

Kawhi is from LA. Why would he come to NY over LA? People who grow up in the West Coast seldom ever choose the East Coast. It's like Tupac vs. Biggie people. You don't betray your roots.

I also think there's something like an 80-90% chance he stays in TOR if they win.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#1688 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:59 am

EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space.

Gave away a INJURED young player/huge asset WHO DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE AND REFUSED TO RE-SIGN WITH US for a couple of first round picks.

Fixed!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#1689 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:We should all be breathing sighs of relief ... except for shammgod who's probably having a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.

Sham right now
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1690 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:00 am

GONYK wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:We traded away KP to free up space that may be used on nothing now.

We traded him for pennies on the dollar.

If somebody told you last year where gonna trade KP for basically two mid first round picks you’d laugh at them
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#1691 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:01 am

JustCame wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
JustCame wrote:

Kawhi is from LA. Why would he come to NY over LA? People who grow up in the West Coast seldom ever choose the East Coast. It's like Tupac vs. Biggie people. You don't betray your roots.

I also think there's something like an 80-90% chance he stays in TOR if they win.

Again you're stating your own personal OPINIONS and not FACTS.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#1692 » by blumatic » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:01 am

Blessing in disguise for the Knicks. This franchise is not ready for an established superstar.

Feel bad for KD though. Never want to see that.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,465

Post#1693 » by GONYK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 am

EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:

If somebody told you last year where gonna trade KP for basically two mid first round picks you’d laugh at them

He was injured and wasn't going to re-sign. If we didn't trade him, we would have lost him for nothing.

There really isn't more to it. We traded him for more than what a torn ACL should be worth.
Knick4Real
General Manager

Post#1694 » by Knick4Real » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:03 am

EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Did you forget we cleared THJr's albatross contract in the trade and also moved Lee and Burke while getting DSJr and DJ??
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#1695 » by GEOLINK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:03 am

KP wanted out. He was gonna take the QO with us and bounce the next year or worse stay in Latvia.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,504

Post#1696 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:We should all be breathing sighs of relief ... except for shammgod who's probably having a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.

Sham right now

He's been picking on me again. :lol:
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,166

Post#1697 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

MAX BOOGIE!!!
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,350

Post#1698 » by GEOLINK » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:04 am

EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Yeah, now imagine his value after one year of not playing and demanding out with a year on his deal.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,371

Post#1699 » by SelbyCobra » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:05 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is exactly what happened. The warriors are st fault that’s why Bob took the podium trying to defend the medical staff

It's "ruptured"? Usually, players go down and are in agony, writhing on the floor in incredible pain. I didn't see that with KD. To me, it looked only like an ankle tweak.

ny-n-md wrote:https://streamable.com/gvj6z
It looks like he tore his Achilles
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant

Post#1700 » by EricAnderson » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:07 am

Knick4Real wrote:
EricAnderson wrote:
GONYK wrote:He was leaving anyway. If he committed, we wouldn't have traded him.

Did you forget we cleared THJr's albatross contract in the trade and also moved Lee and Burke while getting DSJr and DJ??

We cleared a contract that should have never been signed in the first place and now we might not doing anything with that extra cap space anyway.

DSJ is blah and if we’re gonna rebuild still what good is DJ?

Return to New York Knicks