ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: so r kelly huh?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Re: OT: so r kelly huh? 

Post#181 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:But he was convicted. R. was not. Television just told you to hate R. now.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

it most certainly did not. and you are doing the absolute most with this assumption -- especially if you are painting every detractor with this brush stroke.
So why is this thread just popping up now? Why isn't it bumped from 2008 at least?

:nonono:

this thread exists because there was a recent tv special.

per my point above, said special has nothing to do with some people's consistent disdain for r. kelly. a tv series and conversation about said tv series in the wake of new information about r. kelly does not negate those who did not care for him all along. not sure what's so difficult for you to accept about that concept.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,686

Post#182 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
it most certainly did not. and you are doing the absolute most with this assumption -- especially if you are painting every detractor with this brush stroke.
So why is this thread just popping up now? Why isn't it bumped from 2008 at least?

per my point above, said special has nothing to do with some people's consistent disdain for r. kelly. a tv series and conversation about said tv series in the wake of new information about r. kelly does not negate those who did not care for him all along. not sure what's so difficult for you to accept about that concept.

But you referred to Tupac not being hated in the court of public opinion. He is not, but what is funny is that he was actually convicted and is a convicted sex offender. R. Kelly has been acquitted of charges and is legally not a sex offender, but now the court of public opinion, because of a television special is outraged by his behaviour and demanding he be cancelled. Minus the special there wouldn't be much discussion about R. Kelly. The you in television just told you to hate him now is a plural you, not a specific you. In French it would be vous not tu.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#183 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm

So Leaving Neverland will be at Sundance. Now people talking about Michael. And I just read that Dame Dash snitched on Jay-Z and Foxy. I guess this is the new trend.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#184 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:So why is this thread just popping up now? Why isn't it bumped from 2008 at least?

But you referred to Tupac not being hated in the court of public opinion. He is not, but what is funny is that he was actually convicted and is a convicted sex offender. R. Kelly has been acquitted of charges and is legally not a sex offender, but now the court of public opinion, because of a television special is outraged by his behaviour and demanding he be cancelled. Minus the special there wouldn't be much discussion about R. Kelly. The you in television just told you to hate him now is a plural you, not a specific you. In French it would be vous not tu.

right. i have yet to meet anyone who beleived tupac actually committed the crime. and he was granted appeal and released on bail, making him again innocent until proven guilty. just like r. kelly. tupac died legally not a sex offender. we went over this earlier in the thread.

minus the special r. kelly's current caravan has received significant media coverage. r. kelly's situation is not a sleeping dragon. the show could be renweing something for some. it could be an eye opener for some. it could be new information to some. it could be the package some needed to formulate their opinions. it is still not fair to suggest that vous is only interested in r. kelly because of the special. as i have mentioned multiple times before, i am one example of many tu within the vous who have always thought r. kelly should be cancelled and have actively stopped my support of all of his work.

it just seems dismissive of you to say that the public's interest in r. kelly is solely because of this program.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#185 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:So Leaving Neverland will be at Sundance. Now people talking about Michael. And I just read that Dame Dash snitched on Jay-Z and Foxy. I guess this is the new trend.

if mike did those things, he should be deaded too. not sure what your overally point is.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,661

Post#186 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:So Leaving Neverland will be at Sundance. Now people talking about Michael. And I just read that Dame Dash snitched on Jay-Z and Foxy. I guess this is the new trend.

if mike did those things, he should be deaded too. not sure what your overally point is.

I mean, in his case...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#187 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Acquitted just like R.

Knickkilla
Starter
And1: 616

Post#188 » by Knickkilla » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:15 pm

4get Friday Night Knicks fellas

#‎NBAVote‬ Carmelo Anthony
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,947

Post#189 » by djsunyc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:32 pm

it's up to the individual on what to do with information you have on others.

alot of people know what r kelly's done and are still ok with listening to his music. at the core, people will only really do what is best for them (survival instinct). it's why someone like trump can be elected president.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,542

Post#190 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:25 pm

In light of Lifetime's Surviving R. Kelly docuseries and the subsequent protests and repercussions, Kelly's label RCA has reportedly put his music on hold for the time being. Sources close to RCA Records and Sony tell TMZ the company's refusing to put any money behind new music for Kelly. The disgraced singer is particularly frustrated about this because he's still obligated to produce two more albums under his current contract.

Since R. Kelly's contract won't be completed until he finishes two more albums, RCA and Sony will find themselves the targets of a lawsuit if they cut their deal short. Unless there's a clause that allows them to drop him under certain circumstances, they could very well be stuck together for the foreseeable future. However, since Kelly's reportedly unhappy with how they're refusing to work with him currently, he may already be looking for a way out of his contract.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/01/new-r-kelly-music-on-hold-at-rca
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,483

Post#191 » by spree8 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:44 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:So why is this thread just popping up now? Why isn't it bumped from 2008 at least?

Everyone knows Pac was innocent... cmon. Just like everyone knows R Kelly is guilty. Thought this was common knowledge.

Edit: damn, just read the previous page. A little strange how people aren’t familiar with the Pac situation. There’s a lot more to it than a simple conviction... you guys needa read up on that whole thing.
djkinetic
Junior
And1: 27

Post#192 » by djkinetic » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:52 pm

I'm a DJ and have had this argument more than a few times with ppl at the bar this weekend..some who told me flatly I can't play r Kelly anymore cause people are gonna a get pissed..I told them to kick rocks I will play his songs because there's an entire audience that still loves the music he made..I made the point that if u want to tell me to stop playing r Kelly..then I should stop playing Michael Jackson Chris brown Dave Bowie Pete Townshend etc the list goes on and on..is Kelly a terrible person yes but he's a great artist..and this where u need to separate the person from the artist..they're completely unrelated..no one is making a cry to boycott so many artists..but ppl are outraged at Kelly for things that came to light twenty yrs ago cause it's now trending due to a documentary series..y'all need to get a brain of ur own..all u so called moral and upstanding individuals get off ur high horse if u aren't also boycotting some of the other artists I mentioned cause they all did things difference is they aren't a trending topic so it's ok to give them a pass but crucify one artist cause it's popular now..artists are people yes some are terrible..it doesnt mean the art they made is..and it doesn't mean just because u like their art that ur a terrible person or condone what they did or do..so unless ur advocating banning every artist accused of wrongdoing then lay off and stop acting like y'all are morally better than ppl who choose to support the art.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,985

Post#193 » by spree2kawhi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:23 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Actually watching it right now, one part of me doesn’t see the big deal because the world has known about this for 20+ **** years and still nothing has happened to him, the other part is shocked at the stuff I’m hearing in detail.

The second episode, Hiding in Plain Sight, is a doozy good lord. That tour bus 3sum with Sparkle’s 14 yr old niece, the control he had on his ex wife, Jesus Christ.

Will I stop listening to R Kelly tho? Nope.

Step in the Name of Love, Body Callin’, etc, I love music and Kellz makes great goddamn music. I’m not gonna stop because the new fad is to dislike him now.

He’s a terrible human being, great musician, it is what it is.

Couldn't relax anymore. Gotta be consistent.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#194 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:00 pm

spree8 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Everyone knows Pac was innocent... cmon. Just like everyone knows R Kelly is guilty. Thought this was common knowledge.

Edit: damn, just read the previous page. A little strange how people aren’t familiar with the Pac situation. There’s a lot more to it than a simple conviction... you guys needa read up on that whole thing.

There’s a lot more to everything than a simple conviction or acquittal. My friend and I were having this debate. He was disgusted his wife still liked Kelly’s music, but I told him we were clubbing to Kelly long after the sex tape came out. He said no way. I told him the tape was early 2000s and he bumped a lot of R. Kelly post that. He googled the date the tape was released (2002) and all the songs that he listened to post that and had to admit he gave Kelly a huge pass for a long time.

I just want people to acknowledge there is bias at play in this court of public opinion because no one is concerned about the results of court actions.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#195 » by NYKAL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
all false. i have seen all three condemned by members of the knicks forum.

Release the threads. There isn't the outcry. I would particularly like to see where somebody argues that Kobe should be erased from history.

i'm not doing a search. you made a big blanket claim that i know to be inaccurate. there are other ways to make your point.

I've seen Dots **** mentioned on the board multiple times and I remember (not here) people wanting Kobe to burn in hell.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,294

Post#196 » by Jstock12 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:
Orange21 wrote:lol I get it, I know who you are. It’s been established already. Say no more, enjoy 12 play.

If Hitler liked pizza and you like pizza, does that make you a nazi?

A more equivalent example would be 'If Hitler had a pizza place, and you loved it, and then he turned out to do those terrible things, are you a nazi for liking his pizza?

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#197 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:34 am

I'm always kinda on my own schedule so I just started watching the surviving r. Kelly documentary. It was really tough watching all the Aaliyah stuff. Brought bought back a lot of memories. One of the few artists who passed I genuinely miss deeply.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#198 » by Greenie » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:38 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:I'm always kinda on my own schedule so I just started watching the surviving r. Kelly documentary. It was really tough watching all the Aaliyah stuff. Brought bought back a lot of memories. One of the few artists who passed I genuinely miss deeply.

Would have been 40 years old yesterday.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,312

Post#199 » by Kampuchea » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:13 pm

These details are nasty. Burn this **** to the ground.

https://www.vibe.com/2019/02/r-kelly-facing-new-charges-after-new-video-shows-sex-acts-with-underaged-girl

"CNN states they viewed the video which runs 45-minutes long. An unclothed man, who resembles Kelly is seen having sex with the girl in a living room and a bedroom. The girl calls him "Daddy" several times and they both are heard referring to her genitalia as "14-year-old p***y." The man in the video also asks the girl to urinate and when she's done, he urinates on her."
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,471
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#200 » by BKlutch » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:20 pm

Kampuchea wrote:These details are nasty. Burn this **** to the ground.

https://www.vibe.com/2019/02/r-kelly-facing-new-charges-after-new-video-shows-sex-acts-with-underaged-girl

"CNN states they viewed the video which runs 45-minutes long. An unclothed man, who resembles Kelly is seen having sex with the girl in a living room and a bedroom. The girl calls him "Daddy" several times and they both are heard referring to her genitalia as "14-year-old p***y." The man in the video also asks the girl to urinate and when she's done, he urinates on her."

If the girl in the video is 14, I don't care who that guy is - he deserves more than whatever the law allows.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense even without OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks