ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,233

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1821 » by Guano » Sat May 4, 2024 5:11 am

spree8 wrote:
Guano wrote:
spree8 wrote:

They’re too good to not be around after next season. If not TNT then it’ll be some other channel/platform. NBA can’t lose them.

People can talk all the shyt they want about them, and some of it’s warranted, but they know they love them deep down and will be sorry when they’re gone.

Everything im reading is Ernie isn't leaving tnt.

Waaaaaat??? They need to figure this shyt out. I’m bout to write an email to Silver lol…

I'll sign that sht too
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,233

Post#1822 » by Guano » Sat May 4, 2024 5:19 am

Fck playoff p and harden and kawhis dusty knees for nor carrying westbrook.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Post#1823 » by Ma10 » Sat May 4, 2024 6:59 am

I could laugh all day! Fck you James Harden! You lazy bastard will never win anything!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,290

Post#1824 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 4, 2024 10:28 am

Guano wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
Guano wrote:
just in time for that tall mf in SA to start his reign of terror

we are so lucky, that we aren't in the west.
Minnesota has Ant
SAS has Wemby
OKC has SGA, J-Dub, Chet and a million picks
... and Denver isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Losing in the finals > not making it

Eh, bron?!

I was waiting for the sudden drop off in LeBron's career. Now that Shams has endorsed him, it is sure to happen next year. Probably while he's a Knick.

Sham. the nastiest .
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,270

Post#1825 » by Juco24 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:23 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:
I always wonder when I see a guy shoot every shot while his team stands around and watches is because he is shooting every shot or if he is shooting every shot because they never move.

But seeing that 4th quarter, I do not want DMitch. He dominates that ball so often and it feels different from Jalen. I trust JB to make the right play. I expect DMitch to hit a hard shot in the lane.

Isn't part of that coaching though? With a facilitator like Brunson- not only do I expect him to make the right play.. I expect him to be relieved to have someone like Spida who can take some of the pressure off. Didn't people say Luka and Kyrie (2 ball dominant guards) wouldn't work?

So far, I think your arguments for Mitchell are pretty weak. The Kyrie and Luka example never worked because Kyrie also won with Lebron. The bigger issue with Kyrie is that he's a crazy mo*****er. That's basically it.

I also disagree with your previous arguments about perfect fit. I think that's lazy to say that there's no such thing as a perfect fit. Yes, there have been perfect fits. If we're talking about guards, the standard is Steph and Klay. There have also been imperfect fits that have been awful. Dame/CJ had a clear ceiling. Trae/Dejounte never got off the ground. Mitchell/Garland has been a disaster. The other thing is that we can also just find talent at the forward or center positions. Embiid, for example, worked amazingly well with Maxey. I would even posit that Brunson/Derrick White >>> Brunson/Donovan Mitchell because you can then pour the other resources toward forward and center, which naturally fits Brunson better.

I'm not even arguing because it's been proven numerous times that an alpha backcourt can and will work. It's been proven on championship teams that an alpha backcourt can and will work.

Are you saying Garland is on the level or even has similar game to Brunson? You simply can't say Mitch/Garland didn't work so JB/Spida won't work. Now, that's what I call lazy.

What's also been proven is that there's no way one man, even great as Brunson can do it alone. I get those saying wait for Randle. But to dismiss the potential greatness of a Spida/Brunson backcourt is silly imo. Because not only is one doubting the system but one is doubting that these two wouldn't put winning above all else, thus tapering their respective games to fit the goals of the team.

Again not arguing and I said what I said... why anyone would not want Spida on this team is simply beyond my comprehension
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,270

Post#1826 » by Juco24 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:24 am

j4remi wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:
I always wonder when I see a guy shoot every shot while his team stands around and watches is because he is shooting every shot or if he is shooting every shot because they never move.

But seeing that 4th quarter, I do not want DMitch. He dominates that ball so often and it feels different from Jalen. I trust JB to make the right play. I expect DMitch to hit a hard shot in the lane.

Isn't part of that coaching though? With a facilitator like Brunson- not only do I expect him to make the right play.. I expect him to be relieved to have someone like Spida who can take some of the pressure off. Didn't people say Luka and Kyrie (2 ball dominant guards) wouldn't work?

It's not coaching. Those dudes around Mitchell aren't mentally built for this. Mobley looked scared all game. Garland got the most inexplicable 8-second violation I've ever seen. Mitchell wasn't the problem. He shot 22/36 on the night, and the whole team was begging him to shoot half the time, just so they wouldn't have to.

Mitchell dominated the ball tonight because no one else wanted it.

Good point
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,253

Post#1827 » by Reign23 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:54 am

god shammgod wrote:i'm rooting for orlando to win this series just because it'll be funny to see the cavs lose in the 1st round again

100% I want to see them burn.
And Orlando is really fun. I think they have the brightest future in the Eastern Conference. Are one scoring ballhandler away from contention.
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,224

Post#1828 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat May 4, 2024 11:58 am

j4remi wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:

It's not coaching. Those dudes around Mitchell aren't mentally built for this. Mobley looked scared all game. Garland got the most inexplicable 8-second violation I've ever seen. Mitchell wasn't the problem. He shot 22/36 on the night, and the whole team was begging him to shoot half the time, just so they wouldn't have to.

Mitchell dominated the ball tonight because no one else wanted it.

Yah…I don’t see any shame in it, either. I think this is his best role, how he best adds value. We have our own guy who had to do the same thing.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,253

Post#1829 » by Reign23 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:02 pm

This is the absolute Endgame in terms of skill and shot-making.

Read on Twitter
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,224

Post#1830 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat May 4, 2024 12:52 pm

Juco24 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

So far, I think your arguments for Mitchell are pretty weak. The Kyrie and Luka example never worked because Kyrie also won with Lebron. The bigger issue with Kyrie is that he's a crazy mo*****er. That's basically it.

I also disagree with your previous arguments about perfect fit. I think that's lazy to say that there's no such thing as a perfect fit. Yes, there have been perfect fits. If we're talking about guards, the standard is Steph and Klay. There have also been imperfect fits that have been awful. Dame/CJ had a clear ceiling. Trae/Dejounte never got off the ground. Mitchell/Garland has been a disaster. The other thing is that we can also just find talent at the forward or center positions. Embiid, for example, worked amazingly well with Maxey. I would even posit that Brunson/Derrick White >>> Brunson/Donovan Mitchell because you can then pour the other resources toward forward and center, which naturally fits Brunson better.

I'm not even arguing because it's been proven numerous times that an alpha backcourt can and will work. It's been proven on championship teams that an alpha backcourt can and will work.

Are you saying Garland is on the level or even has similar game to Brunson? You simply can't say Mitch/Garland didn't work so JB/Spida won't work. Now, that's what I call lazy.

What's also been proven is that there's no way one man, even great as Brunson can do it alone. I get those saying wait for Randle. But to dismiss the potential greatness of a Spida/Brunson backcourt is silly imo. Because not only is one doubting the system but one is doubting that these two wouldn't put winning above all else, thus tapering their respective games to fit the goals of the team.

Again not arguing and I said what I said... why anyone would not want Spida on this team is simply beyond my comprehension

I think it is an argument and that’s good - this is what the forum is for.

However, which championship teams are you referring to that had two alpha backcourt players? I really doubt what you’re saying about the championship teams for one huge reason: it’s hard as hell for a team with an alpha pg to win. Basically, in recent years, the list boils down to Steph, who had a starting backcourt partner that played great defense and could score 30 without taking a single dribble. Maybe Billups and Rip? But those guys were very complementary.

Prime Klay Thompson, to me, is the best backcourt partner for Brunson. Someone who can try and take on the tough assignments, not need the ball (because Brunson does dribble a lot), and can spread the floor. I don’t see a need for Donovan Mitchell in light of that because that’s not his game. Meanwhile, we just got off a series with Tyrese Maxey, who OG wasn’t equipped to cover…do I really want either Brunson or Mitchell dealing with him?

To me, it’s not a matter of talent or friendship but fit. It doesn’t matter to me if Garland was as talented as Brunson. It’s about whether they have complementary skill sets. Both these guys deserve a prime Klay. Obviously, Prime Klay doesn’t exist anymore, but finding someone to play that role is what I think Brunson needs.

You’re right that Brunson cannot do it alone but that does not mean the solution is Spida and only Spida. We can always upgrade power forward. We can always upgrade center. Embiid, as much as we dislike him, is a much much much better fit than Mitchell.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,399

Post#1831 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 4, 2024 1:40 pm

this dude is a star. i cant believe some people hate on his game. he's going crazy. tatum x melo vibes.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,399

Post#1832 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 4, 2024 1:47 pm

need orlando to beat tf out of cleveland on sunday so we can finally bring him home
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,550

Post#1833 » by aggo » Sat May 4, 2024 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,053

Post#1834 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 2:45 pm

Clips Westbrook shot 8-42 the last 5 playoff games and only played 9 min in the last one. Didn't watch the games. Is he injured or done?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,874

Post#1835 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 3:58 pm

Not ducking opponents worked out pretty well for Dallas & New York, with both advancing and on the better side of the bracket. Meanwhile Milwaukee have been bounced already and Cleveland is the only team hosting a game 7 in round 1. Come on NBA gods, are you really going to let the Cavs duck their way into the 2nd round?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,608

Post#1836 » by DaGawd » Sat May 4, 2024 4:21 pm

Reign23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i'm rooting for orlando to win this series just because it'll be funny to see the cavs lose in the 1st round again

100% I want to see them burn.
And Orlando is really fun. I think they have the brightest future in the Eastern Conference. Are one scoring ballhandler away from contention.

they need a legit point guard more than anything
BaF
Washington Wizards
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,971

Post#1837 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat May 4, 2024 5:00 pm

Guano wrote:Fck playoff p and harden and kawhis dusty knees for nor carrying westbrook.

An atrocity
smw6230
Senior
And1: 303

Post#1838 » by smw6230 » Sat May 4, 2024 5:09 pm

There's a lot of monosyllabic dreck you have to read through on message boards before finding a gem. This post was a gem.

FWIW, I'm not "all in" on Mitchell b/c of tactical concerns. Having two 6'2 guards on the floor will be a bright red cape to even lottery opponents until they prove otherwise. Now I think the Knicks could rotate their way out of that on most nights. But to win a Championship you have to shoot a largely known gauntlet of teams that have foresight and build for YOUR teams weaknesses.

BTW, a more fundamental question is what do the Knicks need their SG to be? A 2nd or 3rd scorer?

If you THINK you need a 2nd scorer, you'll sacrifice some defense.

If you THINK you need a 3rd scorer, you're NOT going to sacrifice defense.

KnicksGadfly wrote:
stuporman wrote:WTF is wrong with some people...projecting all sorts of ill will on players to satisfy your fan delusions. I have never seen any reported bad energy from DMitch towards other players or excuse making about failures and by all accounts is a well liked teammate and player around the league.

I tell you what, DMitch wants to be in NY so badly and would do anything to fit in he'll go back to finish getting his degree at Villanova and start eating Mike and Ike by the barrel full. He'll even tell the media at his introduction press conference that he only came to NY to help Brunson win the finals MVP.

I was half in and half out on whether I thought he'd work but with all the trashy takes about him people have I've been convinced he's the right final piece. All you dumpster juice spewing fans will have to file the apology form in triplicate and it still will be rejected.

...and you will like it.

Honestly, when you wrote that, it kind of reminded me of the hate towards Quickley (only Mitchell was never a Knick). IQ gets traded, boom, lots of fans want to hate him. That pissed me off...don't think he deserved that, after what he actually gave to this franchise. So I get you a bit. I think my only response is to share why I think the fans on this forum have such strong feelings about Donovan Mitchell.

Donovan Mitchell is a bit complicated. I think when the news about the Knicks potentially trading for Mitchell broke, most posters were hyped and I would say that almost all posters were excited. We had just signed Brunson...most of us thought he was good, but not a star. We had Randle, who was coming off a bad season. The turning point, however, was when the Knicks refused to give into Danny Ainge's outrageous requests...that led to a split within the forum. Also, it didn't help that Mitchell, who apparently wanted to be here, put little pressure on the Jazz.

At that point, there were a lot of arguments on both sides, but what I saw was a lot of ill will (maybe the right word is negativity) poured towards this team when we didn't overpay for DMitch...that, to me, was the worst. It made logical sense to me. DMitch is not a 1A. You don't pay that price for DMitch, because it hampers you and if you screw up, you end up like the Cavs (Scott Perry alluded to this in a podcast). Lots of threads saying the Knicks were too cheap, didn't want to pay what he deserved, etc etc. Mitchell scores 70 on a bad team..."I TOLD YOU SO." Even last year, when the Knicks were about to face the Cavs in the playoffs, there were some posters getting ready to crow "I told you so" about DMitch because they thought the Cavs were about to wipe the floor with the Knicks, who then proceeded to win pretty handily, with Spida performing badly. So over the course of a year, and over a year, the Mitchell non-trade hung over our heads.

I think the Knicks were vindicated in that decision, though. Part of it was luck...I think Brunson became greater than anything the Knicks could ever hope for, and he really did show himself to be better than Mitchell. Part of it was the Knicks being savvy...many of the pieces we kept were moved for OG, who has shown himself to be the perfect fit.

So, I really don't think it's all ill-will towards Donovan Mitchell. To me, it's basically a reaction to the Donovan Mitchell sweepstakes. When the Knicks rejected the trade for Donovan Mitchell, it shined a light on Mitchell, his strengths and his flaws. Every poster had to ask themselves, was Leon Rose right or wrong to reject that deal? In the end, I believe Leon Rose was right. And if I believe Leon Rose is right, it's because I believe that Donovan Mitchell has some flaws. The posters in this forum, because we debated Donovan Mitchell so much, kinda know him more than the average RealGM fan. We basically followed him a year post-trade. But, like you said, that type of analysis doesn't really take into account character or who DMitch is.

The other thing is the rise of Jalen Brunson. He's our guy. We know who he is and we want to build around him. We have our own basketball philosophies. And many of us who are fiercely loyal to Brunson, don't think Spida is a fit. If Brunson wasn't so good, I think the forum would probably be talking about how Leon Rose screwed up that trade :lol:

Maybe you are a fan of Mitchell. I don't blame you. But I believe a lot of the fans on this forum are letting that fandom cloud over whether Mitchell fits with Brunson and the Knicks. Maybe you think that's unfair. But, as a Knicks fan and someone who appreciates Brunson, I just don't think he fits. I think it would be a mistake to try and make up reasons to pair them together, when there are much better potential pairings.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,757

Post#1839 » by HopelessKnick » Sat May 4, 2024 5:59 pm

Anyone that saw the Cleveland - Orlando game knows that the Cavs only stayed in the game due to Mitchell. The rest of the Cavs sucked ass and if it wasn't for a one-legged Mitchell making play after play it would have been a blowout like in game 3 and 4.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,757

Post#1840 » by HopelessKnick » Sat May 4, 2024 6:02 pm

8516knicks wrote:Clips Westbrook shot 8-42 the last 5 playoff games and only played 9 min in the last one. Didn't watch the games. Is he injured or done?

He used to be a solid midrange shooter and FT shooter early in his career. He lost all that ability for some reason. He has nothing resembling a jumpshot and while still athletic he can't finish anywhere close to years ago. Thus he really does not have a whole lot he can go to. Everything outside the paint is close to an automatic miss, and even in the paint he misses a lot.

Return to New York Knicks