ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued… again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,353

Re: Around the NBA - Continued… again 

Post#1841 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:05 pm

Grimes has shot a solid .375% from 3 for his career, but I mentioned before when many here were saying how “pretty” and “perfect” his shot form was that, while yes his form looks good, he rushes his attempts and either has way too much spin on the ball or none at all where it’s like a knuckleshot. Most of his misses fly off the rim. Not much soft shooter’s touch. Maybe he can fix that, but hasn’t so far.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#1842 » by Reign23 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:So…Indy’s big splash was to trade 1sts for Pascal. And they are 10-10 since the acquisition.

Since the move (Jan 19th) their offensive rating is ranked #10 and defensive rating is ranked #24.

In the month prior to the deal, their offensive rating was #7 and their defensive rating was #20.

So not only have they been playing .500 ball but on both sides of the court they have gotten worse.

their big problem was defense and they didn't address it. myles tuner is not a defensive stopper.

they should have traded some of their assets for a second 3 and d wing besides Nesmith.
formerly known as knickst4pe
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,079

Post#1843 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 2, 2024 6:57 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Grimes has shot a solid .375% from 3 for his career, but I mentioned before when many here were saying how “pretty” and “perfect” his shot form was that not only does he rush his attempts, but he either has way too much spin on the ball or none at all where it’s like a knuckleshot. Most of his misses fly off the rim. Not much soft shooter’s touch. Maybe he can fix that, but hasn’t so far.

I feel like his touch is solid , but his timing is always slightly off. Josh Hart to me is someone who lacks touch...but his shots usually look in line with the basket...just not enough spin and maybe too flat.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,364

Post#1844 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:06 pm

RJ Barrett's stats in 23 games as a Raptor.

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,731

Post#1845 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:06 pm

omerome wrote:
Gravy wrote:Looks like Grimes plays his best when Thibs is on the court.

Nah. Only when he decides to actually show a mean streak. He's been playing soft the majority of his career when Thibs was on the court and that's why he got demoted. And rightfully so.

He still can have a solid career, but why couldn't he have showed a canine attitude on a nightly basis when he was with us? Oh well.

Players who get up for "revenge" games and then come back down to earth the next game are the worst kinds of players. Fournier did it against Boston in his first year with the Knicks, scoring 41 points. But he didn't show up to the playoffs for them, which is why they let him go.

Same goes for Grimes. His game against us showed that he has the ability and just needs to bring it every night like he's trying to prove himself. But he just shows zero confidence in other games. Where is that aggression?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,250

Post#1846 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:08 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Hey man can we have that talk now????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

HaliFRAUD Folkssssssssssssss HALIFRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any game logs for LaMelo from the last year Greenie, just curious, every time I catch a Hornets game he's not playing.

Lamelo isn’t perfect but he clearsssssss HaliFRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s a front running chuck with 0 bag and is slowly but surely getting exposed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaliFRAUD NoDope HALIFRAUDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaMelo can't even clear the injury list.

He's played 58 games in the last two seasons combined, let me know when he actually plays again Greenie.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,353

Post#1847 » by TrueWarrior » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:08 pm

RHODEY wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:Grimes has shot a solid .375% from 3 for his career, but I mentioned before when many here were saying how “pretty” and “perfect” his shot form was that not only does he rush his attempts, but he either has way too much spin on the ball or none at all where it’s like a knuckleshot. Most of his misses fly off the rim. Not much soft shooter’s touch. Maybe he can fix that, but hasn’t so far.

I feel like his touch is solid , but his timing is always slightly off. Josh Hart to me is someone who lacks touch...but his shots usually look in line with the basket...just not enough spin and maybe too flat.

I mean Clyde always mentioned on the broadcast that Grimes either shot a knuckleball or he’d have some weird spin where it was going sideways and sh*t. It’s not just me who noticed it. Many of his misses dont have a nice bounce off the rim, so I disagree that he has a good touch.

With all that said he’s still a decent shooter numbers wise, so the potential is there. Obviously he has been bad in Detroit so far outside of 1 quarter vs us. We’ll just have to see if he can get his offense right at some point, but his defense should keep him in the league a while.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,715

Post#1848 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:15 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:RJ Barrett's stats in 23 games as a Raptor.

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

This will be the story of RJ‘s career. Good numbers on a losing squad. Now what can he do playing alongside guys better than him. He’s not a #1. Can he be a #2? He didn’t have the skill set to be a #3 here. What’s his ideal role?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,664

Post#1849 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:31 pm

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

I don’t think he’s ever been that efficient over that many games ever as a Knick lol.
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 871

Post#1850 » by Montmorencie » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:39 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

This will be the story of RJ‘s career. Good numbers on a losing squad. Now what can he do playing alongside guys better than him. He’s not a #1. Can he be a #2? He didn’t have the skill set to be a #3 here. What’s his ideal role?

The 60% FT show that the other numbers are just flukes because he is just another streaky guy of NBA 2024.

You can't be improved up to 40% from three and 55 from the floor and shoot 60 from the line.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#1851 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 7:59 pm

Montmorencie wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

The 60% FT show that the other numbers are just flukes because he is just another streaky guy of NBA 2024.

You can't be improved up to 40% from three and 55 from the floor and shoot 60 from the line.

Time will tell.

Whatever Toronto is doing, his numbers are better in every area except FT%.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#1852 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:14 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

The Raps are trying to figure out the best way to use him.

The good numbers on a losing squad bit kind of weird though, since he joined an already losing team that even Anunoby couldn't save this year.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,822

Post#1853 » by omerome » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:17 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Time will tell.

But that's very concerning. Him shooting that badly from the FT line is a gift to opponents in crunch time. Right now, they would be paying a lot of money for a situational player.
Iron Mantis
RealGM

Post#1854 » by Iron Mantis » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:25 pm

omerome wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:

Time will tell.

But that's very concerning. Him shooting that badly from the FT line is a gift to opponents in crunch time. Right now, they would be paying a lot of money for a situational player.

IDK. It's weird.

According to Raps fans, he rushes his FT'S. Whatever it is, he's leaving a lot points at the stripe.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#1855 » by Reign23 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:27 pm

omerome wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:

Time will tell.

thats just a bad stretch from the line. he is 72% for the season, which is not great, but definitely not a liabilty.
formerly known as knickst4pe
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1856 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:44 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

I mean Clyde always mentioned on the broadcast that Grimes either shot a knuckleball or he’d have some weird spin where it was going sideways and sh*t. It’s not just me who noticed it. Many of his misses dont have a nice bounce off the rim, so I disagree that he has a good touch.

With all that said he’s still a decent shooter numbers wise, so the potential is there. Obviously he has been bad in Detroit so far outside of 1 quarter vs us. We’ll just have to see if he can get his offense right at some point, but his defense should keep him in the league a while.

Right , guess its all on how you define touch. To me lack of spin is a lack of touch. Hart shoots those knuckle balls etc. But I can also see it your way - meaning if the spin is "off" that could also be a lack of touch. I always felt light Grimes was a minor adjustment from being an elite shooter. I kinda still do feel that way.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#1857 » by RHODEY » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:45 pm

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

Nice....I'm curious about IQ...dont think he's adjusted as well.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1858 » by TKKnicks1 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:06 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Time will tell.

It seems like Toronto has given him the key to the franchise. You can see Scotties numbers are a bit down since the trade. Now that Barnes is probably done for the season you're gonna see super chucker RJ in full form.
~I Believe!~
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#1859 » by TKKnicks1 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:08 pm

RHODEY wrote:

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

Nice....I'm curious about IQ...dont think he's adjusted as well.

More points, assists and rebounds on lower efficiency. The kid can definitely ball. Got more faith in IQ than RJ.
~I Believe!~
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,715

Post#1860 » by Fat Kat » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:13 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

20.7 PPG
6.3 REB
3.9 AST
5 FTA
55.1% FG
40.9% 3PT
60% FT
61.61 TS%

The Raps are trying to figure out the best way to use him.

The good numbers on a losing squad bit kind of weird though, since he joined an already losing team that even Anunoby couldn't save this year.

OG and RJ are very different types of players with different roles on a winning team. OG plays well off of high usage guys, while RJ struggles in that role. That’s why it was a great trade
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks