ImageImageImageImageImage

The MeloPause Trade Thread

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

egelband
Rookie
And1: 376

Re: The MeloPause Trade Thread 

Post#1861 » by egelband » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:15 am

ForzaMetro wrote:
bleedblue3303 wrote:Maybe Melo expands the list. I don't think mentoring a bunch of young guys and not making the playoffs is on his list of priorities. Something tells me spurs miami and maybe even Toronto become options within a month

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

More the merrier. As frustrating as the pause is, I think it's the smart move.

But according to the www Millionaires are Dimayed!!
I dunno.
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#1862 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:24 am

Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:I'm really thinking the trade won't happen till close to the season or trade deadline, seems like there's no real need to rush the team into a bad move, perry might start reaching out to melo seeing if he will be willing to be a mentor for kp.

Knicks are trying to change the perception of them not wanting melo to melo will be a good vet for our young players.

Making him seem as a asset rather than trash outside msg, it's how the situation should've been handled the 1st time around.

Very telling how the front office wants to move, A lot of damage control to be done.

Would be interesting to see his reaction if the Knicks flat out told him youre not going to be playing 40 minutes for us anymore. I mean the writing is on the wall there(assuming DOlan has greenlighted getting rid of him). There's a massive logjam on the roster at wing right now. You have Hardaway on a new big contract, Lee still here, a touchy situation with Porzingis who wants more shots not less....and Melo who's used to commanding 20+ shots every night. That right there is going to be a problem for any coach to handle. There's only 1 ball and 5 guys on the floor at once, obviously.

If melo stays he'll definitely take it as audition and have a melo year, I just think the team has nice talent, with just kp and hardway both can explode for 35 plus any night.

Melo isn't dumb, I'll doubt he'll throw a fit if knicks come to him and say there's no deal worth taking, If fans feel a way so be it, I personal had it with trades being forced, melo is respected around the league and I'm all for welcoming him back if he understands it's about the core guys learning.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,644

Post#1863 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:28 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:I'm really thinking the trade won't happen till close to the season or trade deadline, seems like there's no real need to rush the team into a bad move, perry might start reaching out to melo seeing if he will be willing to be a mentor for kp.

Knicks are trying to change the perception of them not wanting melo to melo will be a good vet for our young players.

Making him seem as a asset rather than trash outside msg, it's how the situation should've been handled the 1st time around.

Very telling how the front office wants to move, A lot of damage control to be done.

Would be interesting to see his reaction if the Knicks flat out told him youre not going to be playing 40 minutes for us anymore. I mean the writing is on the wall there(assuming DOlan has greenlighted getting rid of him). There's a massive logjam on the roster at wing right now. You have Hardaway on a new big contract, Lee still here, a touchy situation with Porzingis who wants more shots not less....and Melo who's used to commanding 20+ shots every night. That right there is going to be a problem for any coach to handle. There's only 1 ball and 5 guys on the floor at once, obviously.

If melo stays he'll definitely take it as audition and have a melo year, I just think the team has nice talent, with just kp and hardway both can explode for 35 plus any night.

Melo isn't dumb, I'll doubt he'll throw a fit if knicks come to him and say there's no deal worth taking, If fans feel a way so be it, I personal had it with trades being forced, melo is respected around the league and I'm all for welcoming him back if he understands it's about the core guys learning.

If Melo is back and starting and using next year as an audition year- todays entire press conference was bull and typical Knicks. This team hasnt wont in forever, doing the same things over and over again is obviously the definition of insanity
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1864 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:30 am

Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

If Melo is back and starting and using next year as an audition year- todays entire press conference was bull and typical Knicks. This team hasnt wont in forever, doing the same things over and over again is obviously the definition of insanity

This is what I don't get how is it the same knicks? Knicks haven't had this much young talent in ages, melo coming back motivated is only going to help the team overall play better.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1865 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:

This is what I don't get how is it the same knicks? Knicks haven't had this much young talent in ages, melo coming back motivated is only going to help the team overall play better.

They need to start winning. If they're not winning then they're not as talented as you're portraying them to be.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Post#1866 » by Handledatruth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 am

Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

They need to start winning. If they're not winning then they're not as talented as you're portraying them to be.

So Melo staying stops them from winning? I'm confused on the goal here.
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1867 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 am

Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

The winning starts when the team has consistency at head coach, front office and bulids a culture.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1868 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 am

Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:

They havent won since he's been here. The team has been downright horrid over the last 15 years. It's time to hold them accountable for actual wins instead all of this other window dressing of PPG, "talent" etc. Start WINNING games. The guys who take the most shots are the most accountable for wins and losses. All I'm saying.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1869 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:

The winning starts when the team has consistency at head coach, front office and bulids a culture.

Steve Mills has been here for 15 years.
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1870 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 am

Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:

The goal is to treat melo like a commodity, like a veteran leader to the team. Up his vaul, make teams think there's a chance they'll have to wait a year.

Having melo being here doesn't stop anybody, he'll take pressure off kp and Timmy.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1871 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

The goal is to treat melo like a commodity, like a veteran leader to the team. Up his vaul, make teams still there's a chance they'll have to wait a year.

Having melo being here doesn't stop anybody, he'll take pressure off kp and Timmy.

Take pressure off? What does this even mean? Again, when do they start winning games?
Handledatruth
Head Coach

Post#1872 » by Handledatruth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

They havent won since he's been here. The team has been downright horrid over the last 15 years. It's time to hold them accountable for actual wins instead all of this other window dressing of PPG, "talent" etc. Start WINNING games. The guys who take the most shots are the most accountable for wins and losses. All I'm saying.

Oh I get it. Making up your own facts. Crystal clear now.
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1873 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 am

Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:

:crazy:

WHat's their record since trading for Melo?
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1874 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

See this is where building a team comes into play melo has had 1 above avg team and it was full of over the hill vets.

You can't put everything on melo his best teammate was who extacly?
louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Post#1875 » by louieOrr » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:40 am

egelband wrote:How about this? Knicks hire Kim Jong-Un as Director of Player Personnel and GM. Win-win.

Rodman will definitely be on his staff lol
egelband
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#1876 » by egelband » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Pretty sure he's dumb. It's possible someone grabs him and talks some sense into him. But if not, I'm sure he's going to throw a huge baby tantrum if he doesn't get sent to play with his 'friends' in Houston or wherever.
I dunno.
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1877 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 am

Billy Goat wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Steve Mills has been here for 15 years.

Not with the same voice, responsibilities and experience.
CANiLIVE
Sixth Man

Post#1878 » by CANiLIVE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 am

egelband wrote:
CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

Pretty sure he's dumb. It's possible someone grabs him and talks some sense into him. But if not, I'm sure he's going to throw a huge baby tantrum if he doesn't get sent to play with his 'friends' in Houston or wherever.

Melo never wanted to leave phill failed him then pointed the finger at melo, melo never bashed the knicks for not getting him help. Why would he throw a tantrum when he never had in his career?
Billy Goat
Analyst

Post#1879 » by Billy Goat » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 am

CANiLIVE wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:

See this is where building a team comes into play melo has had 1 above avg team and it was full of over the hill vets.

You can't put everything on melo his best teammate was who extacly?

I'm not putting everything on him. But again, he's the highest paid player and the guy who takes the most shots. Of course he's going to be held accountable for losing. We cant continue to cheerlead everything this team does(which there's been a lot of lately) and then not hold them accountable for losing. Again- when can we expect the winning to start happening?
Handledatruth
Head Coach

Post#1880 » by Handledatruth » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:44 am

Billy Goat wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

:crazy:

WHat's their record since trading for Melo?

What was their record before trading for Melo? Judging by your standards Knicks haven't won since 1973, but what is winning? Anyway, I can't discuss this with someone that blocks a 55 win season out of their mind. First playoff series won in 20 years, blah blah, doesn't matter we have a losing record now.

Return to New York Knicks