ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Avengers: Endgame

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,380

Re: OT: Avengers: Endgame 

Post#21 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:03 pm

The only big bad that can match Thanos (without the Gauntlet) is Dark Phoenix. Doom and Kang are great choices as well. But Dark Phoenix is stronger than both of them. It's a shame Fox could never get Dark Phoenix right. Galactus is more of an entity who is part of the universe. He's not a true villian but rather part of the universe itself. He's the equivalent of Unicron in Transformers. The next phase of Avenger movies should be Dr. Doom, then Kang, then ending the trilogy with Dark Phoenix (done right this time).
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,522

Post#22 » by NYKat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:38 pm

NYKAL wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Thanos with the gauntlet is as real of a threat as you can get IMO

Is he, though?

I'm pretty sure Galactus could sh*tstomp Thanos even with the gauntlet. And the Molecule Man, Beyonders, Celestials should all be more powerful than him. Plus, Dr. Doom has had several comics where he's power leveled to beyond Thanos level. Isn't Dormamu stronger too? Plus, Mad Jim Jaspers if you count him, Dark Phoenix should be stronger too

I think Thanos is the strongest threat that's not really, existential in nature like Galactus or Dormamu, or the Marquis of Death

In the comic, Thanos took on All the cosmic entities at the same time. Galactus, Order & Chaos, The Tribunal. No one could stand against him but, himself and his own inattention. It allowed ...damn, whats Gamora's sisters name? to steal take the gauntlet for herself.

Nebula...

who is in the new endgame trailer as one of the survivors interested in seeing how much they refer to the infinty gauntlet comic in the story
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#23 » by NYKAL » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:The only big bad that can match Thanos (without the Gauntlet) is Dark Phoenix. Doom and Kang are great choices as well. But Dark Phoenix is stronger than both of them. It's a shame Fox could never get Dark Phoenix right. Galactus is more of an entity who is part of the universe. He's not a true villian but rather part of the universe itself. He's the equivalent of Unicron in Transformers. The next phase of Avenger movies should be Dr. Doom, then Kang, then ending the trilogy with Dark Phoenix (done right this time).

Dark Phoenix is not more powerful than Chaos, Order or the Tribunal, Aspects just like herself. Thanos took them all out.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,531

Post#24 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:The only big bad that can match Thanos (without the Gauntlet) is Dark Phoenix. Doom and Kang are great choices as well. But Dark Phoenix is stronger than both of them. It's a shame Fox could never get Dark Phoenix right. Galactus is more of an entity who is part of the universe. He's not a true villian but rather part of the universe itself. He's the equivalent of Unicron in Transformers. The next phase of Avenger movies should be Dr. Doom, then Kang, then ending the trilogy with Dark Phoenix (done right this time).

Well technically any bad on Skyfather level or above can match him without the gems. more besides just dark Phoenix. Doom and Kang are formidable not because of power but more for their Intelligence , cunning. and resources. But neither of those 2 are as cunning or as smart as Thanos.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#25 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:32 pm

NYKAL wrote:

Dark Phoenix is not more powerful than Chaos, Order or the Tribunal, Aspects just like herself. Thanos took them all out.

Trbunal has always been depicted above Dark Phoenix.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#26 » by RHODEY » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:18 am

dpgcdr
Pro Prospect
And1: 298

Post#27 » by dpgcdr » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:41 pm

does anyone know if the rumor is true that Wolverine comes at the end scene or was that just misinformation?
digitaldropoff
Starter
And1: 520

Post#28 » by digitaldropoff » Mon Apr 1, 2019 1:40 pm

dpgcdr wrote:does anyone know if the rumor is true that Wolverine comes at the end scene or was that just misinformation?

Anything is possible....but I'd bet my house we don't see him in this. Not only has Jackman said he's done with the role, I would have to think they shot everything before the merger was actually official. The bigger question is who will be tapped to play Wolverine in the future?!
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#29 » by NYKAL » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:43 pm

dpgcdr wrote:does anyone know if the rumor is true that Wolverine comes at the end scene or was that just misinformation?

pretty sure thats misinformation since they are casting for a new Wolverine and X-men likely won't be rolled over into the MCU until "after" dark Phoenix. Otherwise, they would need to explain which x-men died in the snap which, I do not believe the movie will touch in any way.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 11,167

Post#30 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 1, 2019 9:12 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:

Anything is possible....but I'd bet my house we don't see him in this. Not only has Jackman said he's done with the role, I would have to think they shot everything before the merger was actually official. The bigger question is who will be tapped to play Wolverine in the future?!

Zac Efron will be the next Wolverine:

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/zac-efron-to-pop-his-claws-as-wolverine-for-an-mcu-x-men-reboot

In all seriousness, I was joking, but I don't know if there is any truth or not in that. I like Hugh Jackman, but this time, I hope they cast a proper Wolverine that matches his true comicbook height. Somewhere between 5' 3" and 5' 7" imo. It just looks better and we could see him being the agile little guy.

It'd be funny if they were to do Tom Hardy, lol.

I think Christain Bale would have been awesome. Maybe Russell Crowe. But I think they are too big. I'd like to get a lesser known actor.

Doing some research, I just found out that Mel Gibson almost played the Wolverine in the 90s. Look at this concept art, I think it looks pretty cool. And would love to see something like this in a Wolverine Reboot:

Spoiler:
Free Palestine
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 68,509

Post#31 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 2, 2019 12:19 pm

just got my tix via Fandango
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,883

Post#32 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Tue Apr 2, 2019 1:20 pm

digitaldropoff wrote:

The shawarma scene after credit in the first Avengers was shot 4 days before the movie released so maybe they are adding an X-men related scene as we speak. Agreed about Jackman though.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach

Post#33 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:17 pm

New Trailer. We finally see Thanos

djsunyc
RealGM

Post#34 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:27 pm

ok - so piecing everything together from the trailers and using widow's hair as the timeline and compiling some thoughts from message boards over the past few months, here's a theory of how this movie may go down. THESE ARE NOT SPOILERS - THEY ARE JUST THEORIES. i will put them in spoiler tags too just in case:

Spoiler:
widow with short blonde hair.

1. hawkeye's family dies and he goes nuts. is found by widow and then rejoins the avengers. (thor, rhodey, banner, cap, widow, rocket)

2. cap marvel answers the beeper call. she comes to avengers headquarters.

3. stark + gamora find a way back to earth and joins the avengers.

4. the team tracks down thanos and fights him. they win or lose but it doesn't matter b/c they can't undo the snappening so they have to come up with another plan.

5. ant man shows up.

years pass.

widow with long red hair.

6. they figure out a strategy to use quantum realm / time vortices to get the infinity stones and put together their own glove.

7. they undo the snappening and return back in time to just before the start of infinity war
Spree2Houston
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:44 pm

My theory is they're setting up Galactus for the next phase. Part of the reason Thanos wiped out 50% of life in the universe was in part to wipe out 50% of natural resources for every planet. He did this in order to stop Galactus since he feeds off of planets and their resources. If 50% gets wiped out, it'll make every planet less desirable for Galactus to absorb. This is what I think he meant when he said hes ''cursed with knowledge''. Just a theory
djsunyc
RealGM

Post#36 » by djsunyc » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:56 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:My theory is they're setting up Galactus for the next phase. Part of the reason Thanos wiped out 50% of life in the universe was in part to wipe out 50% of natural resources for every planet. He did this in order to stop Galactus since he feeds off of planets and their resources. If 50% gets wiped out, it'll make every planet less desirable for Galactus to absorb. This is what I think he meant when he said hes ''cursed with knowledge''. Just a theory

his reasoning in infinity war was to have enough natural resources for everyone tho.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#37 » by NYKAL » Tue Apr 2, 2019 3:38 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:My theory is they're setting up Galactus for the next phase. Part of the reason Thanos wiped out 50% of life in the universe was in part to wipe out 50% of natural resources for every planet. He did this in order to stop Galactus since he feeds off of planets and their resources. If 50% gets wiped out, it'll make every planet less desirable for Galactus to absorb. This is what I think he meant when he said hes ''cursed with knowledge''. Just a theory

his reasoning in infinity war was to have enough natural resources for everyone tho.

yup, I think your reaching with the Galactus theory. I would be surprised to see the Big G until the FF is re-established since he's really part of their Rogues gallery. Even though Galactus has popped up elsewhere, he is still kind of synonymous with the FF.
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#38 » by EL CABRITO » Wed Apr 3, 2019 11:35 pm

Doom = A villian in your land, in his land a ruler!!!

/doom
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 51,778

Post#39 » by DOT » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Bumping this thread, only 8 days left

Friendly reminder that spoilers without the spoiler tag will have consequences. Thank you
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/CP3
Shaedon Sharpe/Ochai Agbaji
Keldon Johnson/Taylor Hendricks
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Clint Capela/Mark Williams

Bench: Nikola Topic, Kyle Filipkowski, Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Jericho Sims
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,544

Re: OT: Avengers: Endgame *Spoiling will result in Banning* 

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

I'm ready for the expansion of the cosmic landscape

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks