ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Heads up - New Nas Leaked

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Re: OT Heads up - New Nas Leaked 

Post#21 » by livintoolive » Thu Jul 3, 2008 11:32 pm

OooSplendiforous wrote:you guys are a bunch of punk lames... THIS IS WHY HIP HOP IS DEAD BECAUSE ALL YOU STUPID ASSES DOWNLOAD THE DAMN ALBUM FOR FREE INSTEAD OF BUYING IT. LET ME KNOW THIS....HOW IS AN ARTIST GOING TO EAT IF HES NOT GETTING REVENUE FROM THE SALES OF HIS ALBUM. THATS LIKE YOU GOING TO YOUR JOB, WORKING, AND NOT GETTING A CHECK NEXT WEEK. This **** aint for free...stop spreading the damn album. No one sells anymore cuz of this damn internet **** and peoples lack of respect. IF you want your favorite rapper to make music you like, HE HAS TO EAT DOESNT HE!? lock and delete this fkn thread im pissed

To be fair, the people in this thread have only downloaded the album right now while it is leaked and unavailable for purchase. I know that I often download leaked albums then PAY for them when they become available for the same reasons you listed. In fact, that's probably what I will do with this album. Of course, that's not everyone. I just think it's unfair to make assumptions.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
HitMan52
Starter
And1: 33

Post#22 » by HitMan52 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 11:33 pm

This album is sick.

He didnt necessarily ditched the title. It is still called N_gger (which Nas still refers the album by that name) its just not labeled on the album.

I dont think this album will sell well because it has no video but it Hero will be released next week a couple of days before the album is released but just because it wont sell well doesnt make it a bad album because this album is probably his 4th best not counting The Lost Tapes.
jemstar
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#23 » by jemstar » Thu Jul 3, 2008 11:57 pm

Nas still spitting his ass off but I can't mess with like 80% of the beats on here, which is my usual reaction to a new Nas album. I'll keep about 3 joints to add to my Nas list and K.I.M. I wonder if 50 will respond to the diss Nas threw at him on the intro, that was pretty sick.

Take 27 emcees put em in a line up they out of alignment my assignment since he said retirement, hiding behind 8 mile and the chronic/get rich but dies rhyming/This is high science/now add 23 more from queens to bmore/i'm over their heads, like a bulimic on a see saw/Now thats 50 porch monkeys ate up at the same time
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#24 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:07 am

someone send me a link

vinnythemick@yahoo.com
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
DMan101
Senior
And1: 4

Post#25 » by DMan101 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 12:51 am

Hey man chill out I'm buying the album for the car and I have Zune Pass subscription service relax...
ChemicalBk.Tumblr.com
MRSAVictim
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by MRSAVictim » Fri Jul 4, 2008 1:25 am

how is it that nas and rza used the same beat same year on track 2? who bit who?
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#27 » by Big C » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:03 am

MRSAVictim wrote:how is it that nas and rza used the same beat same year on track 2? who bit who?

Sometimes it is not even about biting but a producer sells a beat two people at the same time. Whoever drops the album first people listen to. Then there are cases where beats get copied. Like Bad Boy taking beats that Big L and Das EFX were using.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#28 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:05 am

Big C wrote:
MRSAVictim wrote:how is it that nas and rza used the same beat same year on track 2? who bit who?

Sometimes it is not even about biting but a producer sells a beat two people at the same time. Whoever drops the album first people listen to. Then there are cases where beats get copied. Like Bad Boy taking beats that Big L and Das EFX were using.

Or Alchemist selling the We Gon Make It beat to Rass Kass & Kiss.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#29 » by Smoke24 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:15 am

OooSplendiforous wrote:you guys are a bunch of punk lames... THIS IS WHY HIP HOP IS DEAD BECAUSE ALL YOU STUPID ASSES DOWNLOAD THE DAMN ALBUM FOR FREE INSTEAD OF BUYING IT. LET ME KNOW THIS....HOW IS AN ARTIST GOING TO EAT IF HES NOT GETTING REVENUE FROM THE SALES OF HIS ALBUM. THATS LIKE YOU GOING TO YOUR JOB, WORKING, AND NOT GETTING A CHECK NEXT WEEK. This **** aint for free...stop spreading the damn album. No one sells anymore cuz of this damn internet **** and peoples lack of respect. IF you want your favorite rapper to make music you like, HE HAS TO EAT DOESNT HE!? lock and delete this fkn thread im pissed

Well technically rappers don't really get paid from album sales. They get a percentage from it, but a small one. Its not enough to feed their families. Every one in the record business they work for get that money. Where rappers get their money from is from touring and special apperances and an advancement. I know their not rappers but look at TLC, when they signed their deal they got 25 cents per album sold. Not 25 cents each, but 25 cents together. Im sure its better now, but not much better. Also rappers don't really reach platinum, Mainly because of piracy, but also most talk about the same thing and whatever is hot at the time thats what people are going to listen to, but if everybody is doing it, you have a diluted product.

When you see rappers and thier houses or videos (which they have to pay for) most of the stuff they got is rented. Being a musician, especially nowadays with everybody trying to be one, there isn't enough money to be thrown around. Money is scarce.

Not everybody can be Mariah Carey where your record company gives you $90 million to go away.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,903

Post#30 » by MAQ » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:21 am

oh get off your high horse...

here's some news for you...guess just how much an artist makes off of the sales of his album?

not much...in fact in the big picture, you could honestly say it's nothing at all...artist make money for touring and performing the song (if they wrote it) at venues...not from selling albums...
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Big C
RealGM

Post#31 » by Big C » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:27 am

VinnyTheMick wrote:
Big C wrote:

Or Alchemist selling the We Gon Make It beat to Rass Kass & Kiss.

Exactly. Sometimes you might a producer selling a track to 4 different artist. One person will make the beat their first single while others will leave it on their album or for a remix.
MRSAVictim
Banned User

Post#32 » by MRSAVictim » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:00 am

yeah but rza produced the song on his album and not on nas'. 2 diff producers hmmmmm
andrenym00
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#33 » by andrenym00 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:07 am

Someone should tell Nas that Obama is half-white not black and definitely more white than black.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM

Post#34 » by VinnyTheMick » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:12 am

andrenym00 wrote:Someone should tell Nas that Obama is half-white not black and definitely more white than black.

Are you serious? Do racists decide not to hate Obama because he is half white? Does the KKK accept the man because he is half white?
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#35 » by livintoolive » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:14 am

andrenym00 wrote:Someone should tell Nas that Obama is half-white not black and definitely more white than black.

What do you mean by that? Is he 51% white and 49% black?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
yo_penny1
Junior
And1: 106

Post#36 » by yo_penny1 » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:26 am

Guys, is this album worth buying?
]
Immortal King
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by Immortal King » Fri Jul 4, 2008 5:27 am

yo_penny1 wrote:Guys, is this album worth buying?

hell yea. it's damn good
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#38 » by maddbaron » Fri Jul 4, 2008 2:04 pm

associations is my joint...this is a classic i'm buying it when it comes out
LampeLover
Freshman

Post#39 » by LampeLover » Fri Jul 4, 2008 3:27 pm

Can anyone explain to me the 50 cent diss? I have listened to a few tracks but I am trying to wait it out for the album but would be interesting to find out what he meant about 50 cent. Also, I dont get why I'm On isnt on the cd or the N word single he made a video for.
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#40 » by Tony Montana » Fri Jul 4, 2008 4:12 pm

I never buy albums but i'm gonna have to get this one. Its a very meaningful album and worth the money

Return to New York Knicks