ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,162

Re: Daily News: Hughes believes LeBron will stay in Cleveland 

Post#21 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:18 pm

I find it funny Larry is so high on Cleveland as contenders, and as a team capable of retaining players. He hated Cleveland and was miserable there. He bad mouthed that team, that city, and how the coaches used him unmercifully. He BEGGED to get out of there.

Now that he is here... that is the place to be to win a ring.

Funny some guys just don't cut it wherever they are. He didn't get on so well in Chicago either. I know some people are obtuse but after a while.. if you have one functioning braincell in your head don't you stop and at least suspect 'Hey... it might be me".
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#22 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Thorn wrote:I find it funny Larry is so high on Cleveland as contenders, and as a team capable of retaining players. He hated Cleveland and was miserable there. He bad mouthed that team, that city, and how the coaches used him unmercifully. He BEGGED to get out of there.

Funny some guys just don't cut it wherever they are. He didn't get on so well in Chicago either. I know some people are obtuse but after a while.. if you have one functioning braincell in your head don't you stop and at least suspect 'Hey... it might be me".

Maybe Hughes thinks the Cavs are so good because they don't have him anymore. :lol:

Listen, the bottom line is that the Knicks *may* still have room for two max free-agents. And if that happens, then LeBron gets both the big market and a ready-made title team. Larry Hughes' prognostications are probably about as good as his J.
Newyorker123
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Newyorker123 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Thorn wrote:I find it funny Larry is so high on Cleveland as contenders, and as a team capable of retaining players. He hated Cleveland and was miserable there. He bad mouthed that team, that city, and how the coaches used him unmercifully. He BEGGED to get out of there.

I thought I read Hughes wanted out because he wasn't happy with his role. Not because the team didn't have a chance to compete. "It was a good run," he said. "We had 50-plus wins, made the finals and I learned from it. I was unhappy, though, and wasn't myself. I'd rather enjoy the game than all that."
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:26 pm

KnicksGod wrote:

Maybe Hughes thinks the Cavs are so good because they don't have him anymore. :lol:

Listen, the bottom line is that the Knicks *may* still have room for two max free-agents. And if that happens, then LeBron gets both the big market and a ready-made title team. Larry Hughes' prognostications are probably about as good as his J.

LOL... great point.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#25 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Hahn came up with a good line: LeBron had the flu and couldn't play last night. 'Preview of the 2010-2011 season for the Cavs?' :)
DJ CHACH
Banned User

Post#26 » by DJ CHACH » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:42 pm

donnie walsh needs to ship his ass out...this guy BELIEVES he is good also....he shud join the marbury club, and be exiled from the knicks....at least marbury put up numbers and cared....hughes doesnt even care that he cant hit a freethrow, layup, 3, and cant play point....
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#27 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Newyorker123 wrote:

I thought I read Hughes wanted out because he wasn't happy with his role. Not because the team didn't have a chance to compete. "It was a good run," he said. "We had 50-plus wins, made the finals and I learned from it. I was unhappy, though, and wasn't myself. I'd rather enjoy the game than all that."

I realize this opinion may be construed as controversial but as young, inexperienced and flawed as the Knicks are now, I honestly see it as poor basketball analysis to think the Knicks (or almost any team) wouldn't win 50 minimum with LeBron CONSIDERING he won 66 with that Cavs team. Again, the Cavs have good role players and key defensive pieces -- it's a mature roster -- but their talent base is quite limited. Cavs minus LeBron could well be the lowest-scoring and perhaps worst club in the entire league. Even if they managed to win 30, their offensive arsenal and talent pool would be as thin as any team in the NBA.

Meanwhile, you have people saying that the Cavs have assets like Moon, West, and Parker. You've really got to be kidding.
Thorn
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by Thorn » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Newyorker123 wrote:

He was very unhappy with his role, he did not like how he was being used. They asked him to play some point and he didn't like it. He did not like the way he was being asked to play and that is a direct reflection of the coaching staff. You cut and paste is his pc reaction there were a lot more scathing quotes from him on the subject. Also a lot of stupid things such as this gem...

Hughes said before Sunday's game the Cavaliers' offensive system "wasn't my style. They wanted me to sacrifice things so we could win. In this system, there is more movement and draw and kicks."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3273843

Because you know sacrifice for the teams sake is... um bad.

"I was expecting (the trade)," Hughes said. "I needed something different. Now I'm able to be me, in a fresh place that fits my style of play."

This praise he heaped on Chicago before totally ripping them apart as well. Lot's more articles out there at the time I just don't have the energy or time to go looking.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,608

Post#29 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Thorn wrote:
Newyorker123 wrote:

He was very unhappy with his role, he did not like how he was being used. They asked him to play some point and he didn't like it. He did not like the way he was being asked to play and that is a direct reflection of the coaching staff. You cut and paste is his pc reaction there were a lot more scathing quotes from him on the subject. Also a lot of stupid things such as this gem...

Hughes said before Sunday's game the Cavaliers' offensive system "wasn't my style. They wanted me to sacrifice things so we could win. In this system, there is more movement and draw and kicks."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3273843

Because you know sacrifice for the teams sake is... um bad.

"I was expecting (the trade)," Hughes said. "I needed something different. Now I'm able to be me, in a fresh place that fits my style of play."

This praise he heaped on Chicago before totally ripping them apart as well. Lot's more articles out there at the time I just don't have the energy or time to go looking.

Those quotes are very telling and might be part of the reason that Larry looks out of it so far. MikeD probably wants him to pass too much. This guy is just bad news. I predict a flare up soon.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#30 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 pm

^Pretty terrible that he'd say he did not like playing in Cleveland, a team he thinks can win the title, because they asked him to sacrifice to win.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#31 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Stop attacking Pughes WALSHED UP told us he traded for him because "HE CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT AND CREATE FOR OTHERS"
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#32 » by GuyverADL » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm

TheBluest wrote:Stop attacking Pughes WALSHED UP told us he traded for him because "HE CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT AND CREATE FOR OTHERS"

Exactly I didnt see much complaining last year when we were starving for a SG.

I didnt like Hughes then and I still dont like him.

This is the SAME Hughs we traded for last year. I said before if he doesn't play he is going to be a problem.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#33 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm

TheBluest wrote:Stop attacking Pughes WALSHED UP told us he traded for him because "HE CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT AND CREATE FOR OTHERS"

And what was the downside / risk /negatives to trading for Hughes? Did you see Jerome James as a part of the future?
Newyorker123
Banned User

Post#34 » by Newyorker123 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:57 pm

Lol Thorn. You made my point.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#35 » by duetta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Hughes and Marbury are the poster children for why 'athleticism' can be overrated.
KnickswiththeKnack
Starter
And1: 348

Post#36 » by KnickswiththeKnack » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:27 pm

At least he's keeping it real.

But who cares? This dude sucks and I can't wait until he's off this team. He's one of those dudes that isn't a great player AND he brings this certain air that seems to kill team chemistry. Just bad news...
"...and now aaaaaaalll the Knicks with the knack" - Walt "Clyde" Frazier
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,351

Post#37 » by NewEra » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:36 pm

I must say I agree with Hughes even though he's clearly hating on the team. He knows he won't be here for the festivities in 2010, but neither will LeBron (I know that's blasphemy on this board). I firmly believe that we will easily get Joe Johnson to come here along with someone else. LeBron? Absolutely not.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#38 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:36 pm

GuyverADL wrote:

Exactly I didnt see much complaining last year when we were starving for a SG.

I didnt like Hughes then and I still dont like him.

This is the SAME Hughs we traded for last year. I said before if he doesn't play he is going to be a problem.

We're talking amongst a bunch of Vlade Andres Flip Divac Nocioni Floppers on here. Pughes was Sprewell Lite. Fans were raving about his D and got real excited when he had those 2 good shooting performances last yr out of his slump. But to be fair to Pughes I would be frustrated as heck being asked a question so soon after already being asked. The dude has already been tapped for opinion on the situation but no the NY Media as bich move as they are and so desperate to be the talk of NYC and really not the team was PUSHING BUDDENS here. They calculated this questioning to Pughes after his dismal shooting display to catch his mood and put it on blast in the papers. Everyone should have known since the inception of trade Pughes was worthless, now it's the media's turn once again to steal the show. If Lebron doesn't come here I think a large reason will be because of media it's THE ABSOLUTE WORSE IN ALL OF SPORTS and it's by a WIDE MARGIN and it's NOT EVEN CLOSE of DEBATABLE!

Anyway if we want to review matters back to February of this yr pick any thread for entertainment purposes

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883351&start=105 It started as Larry Lou Pughe and Noah then....

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883276&start=0 Larry Lou Pughe and Hinrich.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883325 Done Deal

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883952 David Lee LOL @ your idol

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883470&start=0 Hollinger was right

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883512&start=0 Seriously ARE YOU KIDDING ME...ARE YOU KIDDING ME(Regiie Miller Kenny Smith voice)

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883530&start=0 Scouting Reports ......LOL!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883771&start=30 Wilcox a Forgotten Memory even before he arrived by our GM....LOL!

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883967&start=0 More crap being spewed in Februrary... Good grief the comment about Curry on Page 2 is Ironic Beyond Epic Proportions

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=884479&start=0 :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=884315&start=15 Some Gems in this thread

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=884604&start=30 Fans getting on other fans after his first bad game

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=883351&start=105 Fiendin On Cox(No homo)

I know I know why are we fussing over a 12th man who's nothing but an expiring, but why did we make a big deal over acquiring a 12th man who's nothing but an expiring.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#39 » by BasicBall » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Larry and Lebron are pretty tight as far as NBA player relationships go. Their families hang and the wives stay in touch. L is just giving his opinion. He is entitled to that.

I have watched the 1st three preseason games, IF NY doesnt get their act together it just may be hard to attract a top-tier free agent. That is the reality. That 2011 year may be the time to get a major piece, like a OJ Mayo, who I firmly believe wants and will be in a MAJOR market when his rookie deal expires.

L may not be here by December, he is giving his opinion on Lebron and even though its not what we as Knick fans want to hear, it is what it is, Quite possibly THE TRUTH!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#40 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:09 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Larry is just mad that New Yorkers booed him when he stunk the other night. LeBron hasn't told Larry much and I don't think LeBron thinks his chances at a title in Cleveland are as good as Larry thinks they are.

LeBron on the Knicks even *next* year and they're one of the best teams in the East. Then 2011 Curry and Jeffries come off and they'll have a championship team.

Can you stop with this? All you are doing is setting yourself and others up with disappointment with this talk. There is 0 evidence LeBron will leave Cleveland for this bottom-dwelling team. Zero. So please stop with these posts that are ultimately jinxing things anyway.

Return to New York Knicks