ImageImageImageImageImage

Immanuel Quickley to the Knicks @ 25

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,438

Re: Immanuel Quickley to the Knicks @ 25 

Post#201 » by Ray Williams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:06 pm

stuporman wrote:I watch video of him and I can see the PG skills peeking through even though his role at KY wasn't allowing him to show them as much.

He may never be a 8-10apg guy but he can run an offense, play in the half court and dish it so combine that with his ability to shoot and defend he can be very effective at the 1. Especially if there are other players on the floor with him who can facilitate like RJ can because he can play off ball as demonstrated by the time he spent at KY.

Could he be the type of player taken later in the first round that winds up being the 'steal' of the draft? He has the skill set and mentality to be that but let's see if he even gets the chance to flourish this season in a crowded back court on a team with a new coach and system.

On a college team that had two other good defenders he was the primary guard stopper plus he is a flame thrower so he has some ready made NBA skills right now.

And he has speed. I want him and Frank to wind up as our backcourt this year.With Quickly,Obi,Mitch and RJ, that team will score a lot of points on the break.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#202 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does this kid miss?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#203 » by KnicksGod » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does this kid miss?

I see a little Reggie Miller in the release.
vincccent
Junior
And1: 192

Post#204 » by vincccent » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 pm

[instagram][/instagram]
KnicksGod wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does this kid miss?

Is it me or is his release point a bit low?
German Knicks lover.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,199

Post#205 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:He needs to work on his ball skills...a lot.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

It's almost as if Coach Payne believes in him a lot and also knows that Johnnie Bryant is on the coaching staff to fix that...
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#206 » by KnicksGod » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:11 pm

vincccent wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
KnicksGod wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Does this kid miss?

Not the release point but he does raise up with the ball in front of him which could be an issue.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#207 » by KnicksGod » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:He needs to work on his ball skills...a lot.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

It's almost as if Coach Payne believes in him a lot and also knows that Johnnie Bryant is on the coaching staff to fix that...

Meaning his handle?

A guy who has a floater suggests a touch and feel whereby he should be able to have a superior handle.
Pjax4Prez
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#208 » by Pjax4Prez » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 pm

He gives me Langston Galloway vibes with a bit more potential. Not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#209 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:05 pm

Poor man's Gilbert Arenas.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#210 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Combo Guard who can shoot and defend. Sounds like they combined Dot/Trier when they got Quickley.
:beer: RIP mags
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,286

Post#211 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
stuporman wrote:I watch video of him and I can see the PG skills peeking through even though his role at KY wasn't allowing him to show them as much.

He may never be a 8-10apg guy but he can run an offense, play in the half court and dish it so combine that with his ability to shoot and defend he can be very effective at the 1. Especially if there are other players on the floor with him who can facilitate like RJ can because he can play off ball as demonstrated by the time he spent at KY.

Could he be the type of player taken later in the first round that winds up being the 'steal' of the draft? He has the skill set and mentality to be that but let's see if he even gets the chance to flourish this season in a crowded back court on a team with a new coach and system.

On a college team that had two other good defenders he was the primary guard stopper plus he is a flame thrower so he has some ready made NBA skills right now.

And he has speed. I want him and Frank to wind up as our backcourt this year.With Quickly,Obi,Mitch and RJ, that team will score a lot of points on the break.

How many wins you trying to get only 1? Im sorry but frank sucks his dribble is to slow his decision making sucks. He is above average on defense but for how putrid he is on offense it doesn't matter. HE IS DEF NOT A PG (frank) or a nba player at this point. He needs to prove me wrong.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#212 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:08 pm

vincccent wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
KnicksGod wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Does this kid miss?

He actually had a really fast release watch some of his clips.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,438

Post#213 » by Ray Williams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:15 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

How many wins you trying to get only 1? Im sorry but frank sucks his dribble is to slow his decision making sucks. He is above average on defense but for how putrid he is on offense it doesn't matter. HE IS DEF NOT A PG (frank) or a nba player at this point. He needs to prove me wrong.

Why would he need to prove you wrong? Go watch Elfrin then and just because you write something in caps doesn’t make it true, just another dumbass opinion.
Not an NBA player my ass, he would fit in great with a lot of contending teams.
RealGM
And1: 39,330

Post#214 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:20 pm

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran

Post#215 » by FreeSpiritNY » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

Why would he need to prove you wrong? Go watch Elfrin then and just because you write something in caps doesn’t make it true, just another dumbass opinion.

So maybe you believe me if I dont right it in caps and show you his stats.

2017-2018 FG% 37 3pt% 31% AST3.1 TO 1.7 STL 0.8 PTs 5.9
2018-2019 FG% 33 3pt% 28% AST 2.8 TO 1.3 STL 0.7 PTS5.7
2019-2020 FG %39 3pt% 32% AST 3.0 TO 1.2 STL 0.9 PTS 5.3

HE DOES NOTHING GOOD HE WOULD BARELY MAKE IT IN G-LEAUGE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HE SUCKS OH BTW THOSE ARE FRANKS STATS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me anther player with worse stats who gets 20 minutes a game. YOU CANT FIND ONE!!!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,487

Post#216 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:38 pm

we have posters here saying he's not even going to be in the rotation. With that kind of stroke and defensive chops I fail to see how that happens

I thought Dot had a place on this team, but I'm figuring IQ was the upgrade and he will have a role to play too
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#217 » by stuporman » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:41 pm

Ray Williams wrote:

I think Quickley will be able to play with a variety of bigger guards and such that handle the ball, he will have such gravity as a shooter very soon because that skill will translate to the NBA.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#218 » by Polk377 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:42 pm

FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:

HE DOES NOTHING GOOD HE WOULD BARELY MAKE IT IN G-LEAUGE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HE SUCKS OH BTW THOSE ARE FRANKS STATS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give me anther player with worse stats who gets 20 minutes a game. YOU CANT FIND ONE!!!

You do know that in basketball players spend half the time playing defense right? On that side of the ball, Frank is one of the best young perimeter defenders in the NBA right now. You know what is equally important to scoring points? Not letting perimeter stars score at will on you. Frank has made games difficult for Harden, Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Mitchell, you name it and he steps up to the challenge of guarding the NBA's best. His offense will improve to at least average if not better than over time. You can't teach most guys to do what Frank already excels at.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,487

Post#219 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:45 pm

Polk377 wrote:
FreeSpiritNY wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:

You do know that in basketball players spend half the time playing defense right? On that side of the ball, Frank is one of the best young perimeter defenders in the NBA right now. You know what is equally important to scoring points? Not letting perimeter stars score at will on you. Frank has made games difficult for Harden, Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Mitchell, you name it and he steps up to the challenge of guarding the NBA's best. His offense will improve to at least average if not better than over time. You can't teach most guys to do what Frank already excels at.

Yep. A sane post from you. Go figure :wink:
RealGM
And1: 39,330

Post#220 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 pm

I've been watching a lot of full games to evaluate Quickley outside of highlights. Man, he reminds me of Chauncey Billups. He is not just a shooter, he is a gamer. Just has a winning quality about him. And he is very poised. Then you factor in he is an excellent free throw shooter and a solid defender, and it becomes clear he has the attributes of a player who finishes games. This pick will end up being underrated when all is said and done.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter

Return to New York Knicks