ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,079

Re: PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen! 

Post#201 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:03 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:We are to the Cavs what Miami is to us.

I wouldnt say that. Given a healthy squad I say we'd beat Miami last year. This season I'd say we improved even more and we basically own them now.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,501

Post#202 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:04 am

sol537 wrote:Cavs will want Mitch Robinson, Bogs, McBride and a warchest of picks. We won’t give up Randle, or the nova boys in such a deal IMO. It’s gonna be the picks. Cavs sell their fans on loading back up on youth and restocking picks like they had before the Spida trade.

If they ask for Mitch they can EAD... they can have Isiah and pay him

and EAD about Deuce too
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,353

Post#203 » by TrueWarrior » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:05 am

KnicksGod wrote:It was an interesting choice that he went with Jericho over Precious who had played very well

Sort of obvious why, size. But still noteworthy

Precious has been a warrior for us, but he’s kind of a tweener right now until his shot becomes more consistent.

Like I mentioned before, with Jalen injured and Deuce taking his place, we needed more offense which is why Bojan closed. Jericho is also bigger than Precious and was doing solid until Isaiah came back in.

Jalen and Precious is a balance of offense and defense just like Deuce and Bojan is a balance of offense and defense.

Not sure we can cover for both Jalen and Bojan until OG returns.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,412

Post#204 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:08 am

sol537 wrote:Cavs will want Mitch Robinson, Bogs, McBride and a warchest of picks. We won’t give up Randle, or the nova boys in such a deal IMO. It’s gonna be the picks. Cavs sell their fans on loading back up on youth and restocking picks like they had before the Spida trade.

Screw McBride being in the package too

Picks and that’s it
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,670

Post#205 » by sol537 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:09 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

and EAD about Deuce too

I’d rather keep iHart over Mitch and DDV over McBride if it comes down to it… and it might. Expect lots of picks though. A “warchest”
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#206 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:11 am

KnicksGod wrote:

Screw McBride being in the package too

Picks and that’s it

**** facts
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#207 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:15 am

The other aspect of this is that DM while keeping DD is sort of off unless you try three guards. You can’t really sit DD at this point. You can if you don’t believe in him I guess but he’s obv way exceeding the play of some spot offense bench guy
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,627

Post#208 » by Hes_On_Fire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:21 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:

and EAD about Deuce too

Hartenstein - when fully healthy - is better than Robinson.

I’m sorry you still can’t admit this.

One dimensional centers are not playable in the playoffs.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,734

Post#209 » by robillionaire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:22 am

Why is everyone suddenly thinking they are going to trade us Donovan Mitchell was there a recent report or something?

Leon will go after a bigger fish
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#210 » by KnicksGod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:24 am

robillionaire wrote:Why is everyone suddenly thinking they are going to trade us Donovan Mitchell was there a recent report or something?

No, but for a 2nd seed they look like junk and we look like we are right there
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,670

Post#211 » by sol537 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:26 am

KnicksGod wrote:The other aspect of this is that DM while keeping DD is sort of off unless you try three guards. You can’t really sit DD at this point. You can if you don’t believe in him I guess but he’s obv way exceeding the play of some spot offense bench guy

DDV plays the Manu Ginobli 6th man role as he can play alongside both Jalen and Spida…who becomes the defacto back up PG as well. It can work. Just need lock down defenders at the 3 and 5 positions and at the back up 4. Thankfully, OG, iHart and Precious fit the bill…
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#212 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:26 am

robillionaire wrote:Why is everyone suddenly thinking they are going to trade us Donovan Mitchell was there a recent report or something?

Booker, Gianis, Embiid...
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,734

Post#213 » by robillionaire » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:27 am

KnicksGod wrote:

No, but for a 2nd seed they look like junk and we look like we are right there

We were the 2nd seed before everyone got hurt

I’d be down with the idea it just doesn't seem to fit with what I’m hearing about wanting a top shelf 1a superstar that’s better than Brunson and all that
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#214 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:34 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:

and EAD about Deuce too

Hartenstein - when fully healthy - is better than Robinson.

I’m sorry you still can’t admit this.

One dimensional centers are not playable in the playoffs.

Agree to disagree
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,855

Post#215 » by Gravy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:48 am

cgmw wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
cgmw wrote:Formula to prevent 100% of injuries, huh?

How about 80%:

Mitch
Randle
OG
[Donte]
Brunson

I’m not getting into your personal beef with Clyde, but your counter argument is paper thin nonsense. I mean thanks for the mindblowing insight that there’s no formula to avoid 100% of injuries! Masterful! Have a great night.

I hate myself for getting in the middle of this but how is it Thibs fault that Jaquez under cut Randle or Brunson bumped knees with Okoro? Or OG’s bone spurs in his elbow?

First, the concept of “fault” or blame is only useful insofar as public sentiment can sway a man’s job security. Cause and effect are never completely cut and dried, but you can be damn sure Tom Thibodeau teams will suffer more injuries over time than most other coaches because the basic laws of probability dictate that players playing more minutes at higher intensities in a physical maximum rim-attack/rim-protect system will have a greater chance of hurting themselves on all types of plays, including the ones you just mentioned.

That make sense? It’s not complicated and frankly it’s not controversial. Everybody knows this about Thibs. The upshot is that he gets incredible production out of guys while they’re healthy. Look at Donte and Hart tonight and tell me we’re not on borrowed time until one of them drops next. The bright side is until they drop, they’re playing out of their damn minds.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Thibs is an excellent coach and the right man for the job at MSG. It’s just plain as day that he’s gonna injure his players.

You masterfully avoided answering the question, said something about rim-attack/rim-protect which also does not answer the question and a bunch of other made up unrelated things.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,332

Post#216 » by Besart19 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:05 am

KnicksGod wrote:Hart is probably the only body who can withstand Thibs coaching

he doesnt train a lot… rhata why he is fresh :)

but also thats why his shot is like it is
Strength and Honour!
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#217 » by cgmw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:10 am

Gravy wrote:
cgmw wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
I hate myself for getting in the middle of this but how is it Thibs fault that Jaquez under cut Randle or Brunson bumped knees with Okoro? Or OG’s bone spurs in his elbow?

First, the concept of “fault” or blame is only useful insofar as public sentiment can sway a man’s job security. Cause and effect are never completely cut and dried, but you can be damn sure Tom Thibodeau teams will suffer more injuries over time than most other coaches because the basic laws of probability dictate that players playing more minutes at higher intensities in a physical maximum rim-attack/rim-protect system will have a greater chance of hurting themselves on all types of plays, including the ones you just mentioned.

That make sense? It’s not complicated and frankly it’s not controversial. Everybody knows this about Thibs. The upshot is that he gets incredible production out of guys while they’re healthy. Look at Donte and Hart tonight and tell me we’re not on borrowed time until one of them drops next. The bright side is until they drop, they’re playing out of their damn minds.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Thibs is an excellent coach and the right man for the job at MSG. It’s just plain as day that he’s gonna injure his players.

You masterfully avoided answering the question, said something about rim-attack/rim-protect which also does not answer the question and a bunch of other made up unrelated things.

I’ll rephrase exactly the same thought in short bullet points so maybe you’ll understand:

• Literally nothing is Thibs’ “fault,” including the injuries, until the minute they fire him for it.

Thibs increases the odds of player injury by:
• Increased minutes;
• Increased intensity;
• Increased physical contact at the rim.

Period. I said nothing different. I dodged no questions. It’s still plain as day, and the entire basketball universe understands and accepts it as the cost of doing business with Tom T.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,332

Post#218 » by Besart19 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:17 am

Lets hope that Thibs will learn not to rely heavily only in Brunson and Randle making plays but be more of a Spurs champs team when all guys are involved, moving and passing constantly and not just go one on one and then get triple teamed
Strength and Honour!
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#219 » by RHODEY » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:20 am

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,855

Post#220 » by Gravy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:41 am

cgmw wrote:
Gravy wrote:
cgmw wrote:First, the concept of “fault” or blame is only useful insofar as public sentiment can sway a man’s job security. Cause and effect are never completely cut and dried, but you can be damn sure Tom Thibodeau teams will suffer more injuries over time than most other coaches because the basic laws of probability dictate that players playing more minutes at higher intensities in a physical maximum rim-attack/rim-protect system will have a greater chance of hurting themselves on all types of plays, including the ones you just mentioned.

I’ll rephrase exactly the same thought in short bullet points so maybe you’ll understand:

• Literally nothing is Thibs’ “fault,” including the injuries, until the minute they fire him for it.

Thibs increases the odds of player injury by:
• Increased minutes;
• Increased intensity;
• Increased physical contact at the rim.

Period. I said nothing different. I dodged no questions. It’s still plain as day, and the entire basketball universe understands and accepts it as the cost of doing business with Tom T.

Still avoided all the questions lol. Brunson's knee getting hit by another player's knee on a jumpshot is a result of "Increased physical contact at the rim". Have you ever seen players bang knees in basketball before?

Return to New York Knicks