ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

DowNY
RealGM
And1: 10,366

Re: Around the NBA - Continued 

Post#2001 » by DowNY » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:13 am

mpharris36 wrote:don't be salty, haliburton would be our best player.

Solid starter at best
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#2002 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:13 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Did Windhorst say the Knicks were trying to get Haliburton? No. He's just saying Randle would not have gotten the deal done, which is just skepticism. There's a difference.

His usage rate is actually at 30 in the last 4 games. Not 32. And at 30, it's not even in the top 15 in the league. So this is just exaggeration. But again the Knicks run everything though him because we don't have any good offensive players around him. You keep ignoring that, like you did last year.

Tbh there's no point in arguing about this anymore. The Knicks aren't trading him and it was foolish to trade him for Westbrick. So I am just glad it didn't happen and we get to ride with him for another 4 years. I win. :lol:

It's not skepticism, it's reality, nobody wanted him. If Windhorst is saying that it's obviously coming from a place of knowledge.

His usage rate is 31.5 in the last 4 if you want to be exact, if you want a screenshot I can do that, and a 31.5 usage rate is actually top 10 in the league for guys with more than 100 mins, it's tied with Devin Booker and .3 more than Tatum, you ain't got to lie Craiggggg. He can't play off the ball, that's why we run so much through him, and he sulks when he doesn't get the ball. The only way for him to be effective is to have the ball like a superstar, yet he doesn't have superstar efficiency, which is why we also suck. I don't see how this works long term, it isn't even working in the short term.

So, our front office sucks, gave out a bunch of terrible deals, yet Randle somehow escapes that label, even though he's been awful outside of this 4 game stretch you're talking about. It has nothing to do with being emotional, I am the least emotional person here, I'd trade anyone if it meant the Knicks could be better (ie. Win a title), I am not attached to anyone on the roster...you are attached to Randle though.

The Knicks were not trying to move Randle. There's no proof of it that they were. You just created that narrative that no one wanted Randle because you hate Randle :lol:

The usage rate is 30.5 in his last 4 games and it's not even in the top 15 players of the league.
https://www.nba.com/stats/players/usage/?sort=USG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=4

Like I said, I would trade Randle in a sign and trade for Ayton, because it simply makes the Knicks better. So how am I attached to Randle? You're the one out here trying to sell Randle to the lowest offer of all time (Westbrick) but want to say you have no emotions attached.

I don't hate anyone, that's where you're wrong, I have a very analytical mind. We have reports that everyone on the team outside of RJ was up for grabs, nobody wanted anything we were selling, and Windhorst specifically said Randle wouldn't get us Haliburton.

And jesus Melo, the reach on your end is Trump ish, you didn't even normalize for minutes just to fit your agenda. Miles McBride is on there with a 33 usage rate...in 1 minute :lol: Josh Okogie Wow, this is shameful. The second you add in a filter that gets rid of guys who don't actually play he is 10th in usage rate over that 4 game stretch, you should feel great shame for this one.

We're not getting Ayton for Randle, that is completely unrealistic. Also, how is it emotional to want a "worse" player as you said, just to create more flexibility and getting out of a bad deal sooner? Russ and Wall both expire next season. Getting out of the 4 more years Randle has is the most pragmatic way to look at it, and since our FO sucks so much it's no wonder they didn't do it.

god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,853

Post#2003 » by mpharris36 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:14 am

DowNY wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:don't be salty, haliburton would be our best player.

Solid starter at best

joking right?

Read on Twitter
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,102

Post#2004 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:16 am

HEZI wrote:What sucks for the Bucks is if they are going to be without Brook Lopez in the playoffs they are screwed. They have nobody to throw at Embiid

Who guards Giannis though? The Sixers don't even have a backup C right now, and that's what got the Suns in trouble with Giannis.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart

Return to New York Knicks