ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 6) Discussion thread continued

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,283

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 6) Discussion thread continued 

Post#2041 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
My guy do you know how eballa wins with filtering shots to his best players? How do you think Wiseman put up those numbers. I put a defensive starting lineup and a pass first PG alongside him so all the shots would filter to my big (who was a SIM annomily) how was my most EFF scorer. It helped me win 50 games and make the playoffs how exactly was I trying to lose? If I was trying to lose wouldn't I have done stuff to keep Wiseman from producing like that? :lol:

Wiseman started the damn all star game because of my coaching.

MPJ was better suited for the bench because his defense metrics werent good and I needed scoring off my bench. He played starter minutes just off the bench. At the time also we didn't have the minutes dashboard where it's easier to stagger minutes with your best scorers. I think MPJ was my second leading scorer on that team and it worked perfectly for him to come off the bench play 30 minutes a game and have freedom to score which is what he does best.

Vassell had a high defensive rating and low scoring with good shooting. Exactly the player you want to filter shots to your big.

Yeah I'll cosign this. That was the year I joined (I took over the team right before the trade deadline) and I studied how Wiseman got so many touches and used those same strats to get Moses Brown and now Jarrett Allen touches. Regardless of star rating Vassell was better than RJ that year.

Melo is confused. I think Faried was the OG (but mecca realized to late). Year 2 was Whiteside and I think it was smash that took it to the next level. Year 3 was rookie Wiseman. Year for was Moses Brown by you. You are doing it on a higher level with Allen since he's really good but you are taking him to another level offensively with your lineups.

Tendencies and traits are more important than stars. Why would I want a high higher scoring low EFF player in RJ coming off his low EFF season in real life taking shots away from Wiseman. When haliburton and vassell had low scoring and were ball movers and hit open shots.

I moved RJ into my starting lineup the following year after he had his 40% from 3 years.

Way too many people wrapped around stars.

No one is confused when you literally just admitted this
Of course I didn't expect to win with an all rookie lineup.

I had a surprise start to the year

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,931

Post#2042 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:RJ had a 3 star rating in the SIM. Vassell was just 2.5 stars averaging 8 PPG in the SIM. You can't even speak on this if you wasn't here. :lol:

Lol I’m just pointing out how you’re making an argument that RJ was vital to his team being a winning team

But to be fair, overall ratings don’t hold much weight

:lol:

The numbers back the ratings though. RJ was putting up over 12 a game and Vassell was only putting up 8. He also started the season with Porter starting, once his team started to win he tried to tank on the low and benched Porter for Patrick Williams who was buns in the SIM. Acquired RJ later and had him on the bench too. Still no luck to lose. He said it himself, the team surprised him. :lol:

RJ played 30 minutes off my bench and avg 36% from the field and 27% from 3...but yes I should have started him over a guy that shot 38% from 3 and had 80 DEF rating in the SIM.

Makes a ton of sense...
3Peat! 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#2043 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Stop it man. You literally told me "I never suggested I wasnt trying to tank" when I approached you about you benching Payton and Fultz (who I also forgot to mention) for Frank. Like that's a full admittance.

Don't try to pull that E-balla stunt. You literally just said the team surprised you. Now you fronting like you knew what you was doing. Everyone knows you was trying to tank on the low and it backfired man. You had no choice but to play it off. Why deny it? :lol:

Look you can come up with every excuse in the book.. but you a tanker. End of story :lol:

No point in arguing. I tanked by trades in one year never denied that. You coming at me for my 50 win playoff year because questioning my rotations that got me to 50 wins playoffs make you sound ridiculous.

Probably the reason your still confused why Tatum can't score you more than 10 PPG.

Oh so now you not denying you tanked that year. You all over the place. :lol:

Yeah there is no point in arguing when you back pedalling

You just snitched on yourself and didnt realize it :lol: give me a break with all that e-balla coaching nonsense when you literally just admitted you didn't expect to win. You tried to tank fam. But whatever carry on with the hypocrisy. lmao

Being surprised I had that much success isn't tanking lol. What kind of twisting words is that. It's the same way we were surprised Moses Brown put up those numbers. Once I saw what I had on my hands with Wiseman that year I did everything in my power to maximize it.

How is being surprised I ended up with 50 wins a shocking response...was not everyone surprised I won that many games with my rookie lineup???

ROSTER

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#2044 » by E-Balla » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:31 pm

El Poochio wrote:
E-Balla wrote:To be honest tank or not you need to be good in this sim. Again my only issue is that the FA ratings don't punish tankers nearly enough. I pushed hard to have a good FA rating last year, won 43 games upsetting what people expected, and had a bottom 5 FA rating for it. That was some SUPER bull. Under no circumstances should tankers be over competitive teams in FA ratings.

We can do that too but I am sure Washington Wizards (just an example) wouldnt care about that teams FA rating who stole higher draft seed from them, so it doesnt really solve the issue

WYM? What teams FA rating are you talking about?

If you think I'm trying to stop tanking I'm not. I'm trying to punish tankers. As is tankers AREN'T punished for it. The idea they're punished for it in the FA ratings is completely false when looking at the categories:

1. Franchise success in a three year period. 2. Star player. 3. Player happiness. 4. Future (youth+draft picks).

A tanking teams already have a leg up in 25% of what factors into FA ratings, and that's a 25% that in real life no actual free agent takes into account. No one is taking a pay cut to go play with OKC because they have SGA (a star) and a bunch of picks but in BaF they'd have a middle of the pack (maybe higher) FA rating. If we want realism the categories should be:

1. Franchise success in a 3 year period.
2. Star players - and it should be based on BAF all league accolades and BAF all star games not an arbitrary rating of players.
3. Player happiness weighted 2 times stronger than other categories.
5. Available cap space (players will eyeball a squad with the ability to add multiple stars).
6. GM ability - this is more controversial, but I think as a group we all know there's tiers of GMs and players care much more about that than whether or not a team has future draft capital.

I'll also add in that I've noticed other **** that has me questioning the sim too. Look at certain rosters and their real life coaches. Look at their in game results. Does bish equalize coaches around the league so we all have teams playing at the exact same level regardless of the sim? After seeing Pop win COTY I doubt it (I'm not saying MPH doesn't have the best squad - just that Pop as coach while I got Mark Daigneault makes them unbeatable). Bish has never posted coach ratings tho so I can't say if they have much of an impact. I just peeped that when COTY was given our it was determined internally by the sim and idk what goes into it all.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#2045 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:34 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Lol I’m just pointing out how you’re making an argument that RJ was vital to his team being a winning team

The numbers back the ratings though. RJ was putting up over 12 a game and Vassell was only putting up 8. He also started the season with Porter starting, once his team started to win he tried to tank on the low and benched Porter for Patrick Williams who was buns in the SIM. Acquired RJ later and had him on the bench too. Still no luck to lose. He said it himself, the team surprised him. :lol:

RJ played 30 minutes off my bench and avg 36% from the field and 27% from 3...but yes I should have started him over a guy that shot 38% from 3 and had 80 DEF rating in the SIM.

Makes a ton of sense...

Uh huh. Same reason why you benched Porter for Patrick Williams who averaged 11 PPG on 43% FG for Porter who averaged 15 PPG on 47% FG. Especially when you made that move after your hot start to the season, which isn't sus at all. Makes plenty of sense! :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#2046 » by E-Balla » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:

Makes a ton of sense...

Hey Melo this is starting to make sense the further the conversation goes you might wanna drop it lol.

POWER RANKINGS as of 1/27

1. San Antonio Spurs (43-5) 0
2. Oklahoma City Thunder (39-11) +1
3. Charlotte Hornets (38-11) -1
4. Indiana Pacers (34-15) 0
5. Denver Nuggets (33-16) 0
6. Portland Trailblazers (31-19) +1
7. Dallas Mavericks (33-16) -1
8. Los Angeles Clippers (32-18) +2
9. Golden State Warriors (31-19) -1
10. Cleveland Cavaliers (30-20) -1

If you still ain't learn those star ratings aren't a measure of who's a better player you'll keep underachieving. The sim might play higher star ratings over better fits, but we're supposed to be smarter than that. I'm #2 in the league with multiple 3.5 stars leading my squad. Hypothetically someone benched Kyrie and KAT for CP3 and Allen you'd call it a tank but they'd win more games.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#2047 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: :lol:

Makes a ton of sense...

Uh huh. Same reason why you benched Porter for Patrick Williams who averaged 11 PPG on 43% FG for Porter who averaged 15 PPG on 47% FG. Especially when you made that move after your hot start to the season, which isn't sus at all. Makes plenty of sense! :lol:

MPJ had 55 DEF in the SIM, Patrick Williams had 77 DEF. I wanted him off my bench for scoring and not start him due to bad defense and potential foul trouble since I knew my offense would run through Wiseman. It's not that crazy of a concept to pick up :lol:

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#2048 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
No point in arguing. I tanked by trades in one year never denied that. You coming at me for my 50 win playoff year because questioning my rotations that got me to 50 wins playoffs make you sound ridiculous.

Probably the reason your still confused why Tatum can't score you more than 10 PPG.

Oh so now you not denying you tanked that year. You all over the place. :lol:

You just snitched on yourself and didnt realize it :lol: give me a break with all that e-balla coaching nonsense when you literally just admitted you didn't expect to win. You tried to tank fam. But whatever carry on with the hypocrisy. lmao

Being surprised I had that much success isn't tanking lol. What kind of twisting words is that. It's the same way we were surprised Moses Brown put up those numbers. Once I saw what I had on my hands with Wiseman that year I did everything in my power to maximize it.

How is being surprised I ended up with 50 wins a shocking response...was not everyone surprised I won that many games with my rookie lineup???

You being surprised is not the same as E-balla who studied the SIM and knew what he was doing with Moses Brown. There's a complete difference. His was intentional, yours was not. You wanted to tank with an all rookie lineup and it backfired. Hell you even panicked and tried to bench Porter. You had no choice but to play it off cause you didn't want everyone to paint you as a shameless tanker :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,533

Post#2049 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:39 pm

There's a new thread up. I have to admit, I don't love its contents thus far.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#2050 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Oh so now you not denying you tanked that year. You all over the place. :lol:

You being surprised is not the same as E-balla who studied the SIM and knew what he was doing with Moses Brown. There's a complete difference. His was intentional, yours was not. You wanted to tank with an all rookie lineup and it backfired. Hell you even panicked and tried to bench Porter. You had no choice but to play it off cause you didn't want everyone to paint you as a shameless tanker :lol:

Eballa literally just admitted he studied my lineup and try to make advancements from that.

You give me no credit! :lol:

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#2051 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:There's a new thread up. I have to admit, I don't love its contents thus far.

I traded the pick for a 2.5 star player. What a terrible move!!!!

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks