ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust?

Keeper! He will be something special.
21%
Bust. He’s not improved and shown the ability to be consistent.
79%

Total votes: 96

E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,430
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Re: Is Kevin Knox a Keeper or a Bust? 

Post#221 » by E-Balla » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:58 am

DickGrayson wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Quick question from a Laker fan:

What do you all think about Kuzma for Knox and #38?

Any Knick fan who says no to this smokes crack on 125th and Lexington.

Knox will be out of the NBA in 2 seasons.

Knox does nothing virtually good.

Atleast Kuzma has drip.

As a Laker fan, why?

Doesn't Kwame Brown hunt you guys still? Don't let Knox make that look like heaven. Knox is pure trash. He wouldn't even produce in Puerto Rico's league BSN and that means Bodega owners are better than him.

Why are we losing a pick for Kyle **** Kuzma? He was the 7th or 8th best player on the Lakers, he's not of much use to a winning squad.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,671

Post#222 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:00 am

dc wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Agent says why Knox will take it to the next level this year.

So he's gonna bump that shooting % up from 36% to 38%?

That's a little harsh. How old is Kevin? 20 years old?

How old are you? How would you like people to tell you that you can't improve at the thing you love the most at the age of 20? :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#223 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:02 am

E-Balla wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:
DNP-Old wrote:Quick question from a Laker fan:

What do you all think about Kuzma for Knox and #38?

Atleast Kuzma has drip.

As a Laker fan, why?

Doesn't Kwame Brown hunt you guys still? Don't let Knox make that look like heaven. Knox is pure trash. He wouldn't even produce in Puerto Rico's league BSN and that means Bodega owners are better than him.

Why are we losing a pick for Kyle **** Kuzma? He was the 7th or 8th best player on the Lakers, he's not of much use to a winning squad.

Grayson doesn't know dick! :lol:

And how does he know what goes on at Lexington and 125th Street? I never saw him there.
Free Palestine
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#224 » by E-Balla » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:07 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dc wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Agent says why Knox will take it to the next level this year.

How old are you? How would you like people to tell you that you can't improve at the thing you love the most at the age of 20? :lol:

Knox sucked at Kentucky. He sucked as a rookie. He sucked in year 2. He's shown zero improvement in those 3 years. He's terrible at absolutely everything on the court and is arguably the worst player I've ever seen in a Knicks jersey and there's a lot of scrubs I've seen as we've had the worst record in the NBA since 2000.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#225 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:10 am

E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dc wrote:

Knox sucked at Kentucky. He sucked as a rookie. He sucked in year 2. He's shown zero improvement in those 3 years. He's terrible at absolutely everything on the court and is arguably the worst player I've ever seen in a Knicks jersey and there's a lot of scrubs I've seen as we've had the worst record in the NBA since 2000.

:lol:
Free Palestine
E-Balla
RealGM

Post#226 » by E-Balla » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:05 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I've been saying it since he was at UK. He's done nothing but prove me right and I hate it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#227 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:28 am

E-Balla wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Knox sucked at Kentucky. He sucked as a rookie. He sucked in year 2. He's shown zero improvement in those 3 years. He's terrible at absolutely everything on the court and is arguably the worst player I've ever seen in a Knicks jersey and there's a lot of scrubs I've seen as we've had the worst record in the NBA since 2000.

I've been saying it since he was at UK. He's done nothing but prove me right and I hate it.

Hey, I wanted Mikal. But since Knox wears the blue and orange I’m hoping that at his young age our crackerjack development coaching staff will start to get something out of him. I think this year we’ll see what direction he’s going in.
Free Palestine
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,286

Post#228 » by FreeSpiritNY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:13 am

Watching knox playon youtube reminded me why I dont want toppin. Slow footed players do nothing good!. They severely hurt the team. KIRA LEWIS JR PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Knox can be described in one word. TRASH.
DickGrayson
Veteran
And1: 2,080

Post#229 » by DickGrayson » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
DickGrayson wrote:

Atleast Kuzma has drip.

As a Laker fan, why?

Grayson doesn't know dick! :lol:

And how does he know what goes on at Lexington and 125th Street? I never saw him there.

For Knox Ill take Kuzma.

and I am Harlem.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#230 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:29 am

FreeSpiritNY wrote:Watching knox playon youtube reminded me why I dont want toppin. Slow footed players do nothing good!. They severely hurt the team. KIRA LEWIS JR PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Knox can be described in one word. TRASH.

True, he is slow footed which I find surprising because he was supposed to be a big time quarterback which would suggest he had good footwork. I dunno. If the right trade comes along, then fine. Arrivaderci baby
Free Palestine
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#231 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:52 pm

DrCoach wrote:Here is the problem, hes 20 yrs old and he needs to play. We suck either way. Give him 32 mins and let him rock out, same with trier

Well...this is a little awkward
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#232 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:56 pm

People complain that us Knicks fans have no patience for young guys.

Yes we do. But we have no patience for players who don't play hard or seem to even want to be in NY, which Knox has done nothing but show no desire.

More than happy to wait on players, but only players who show hustle and that they care
RIP, magnumt '19

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#233 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:04 pm

br7knicks wrote:People complain that is Knicks fans have no patience for young guys.

Yes we do. But we have no patience for players who don't play hard or seem to even want to be in NY, which Knox has done nothing but show no desire.

More than happy to wait on players, but only players who show hustle and that they care

According to Begley Kenny Payne has been working closely with Knox and getting him to play hard on each possession and it’s paying dividends ... in practice. Yes, we talking practice.
Free Palestine
br7knicks

Post#234 » by br7knicks » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:24 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
br7knicks wrote:People complain that is Knicks fans have no patience for young guys.

According to Begley Kenny Payne has been working closely with Knox and getting him to play hard on each possession and it’s paying dividends ... in practice. Yes, we talking practice.

well, this does give some optimism to see how it pans out.

again, i'm not in favor of abandoning the guy. but he has shown no reason to think he deserves a single NBA minute (G League, maybe).

but if rumor is true, it does give a reason to be more hopeful that he has been trying and improving. hopefully he does work hard if able to see a minute on the floor. as of the evidence provided so far, though, especially with thibs being the coach, it's doubtful that knox will be anything useful.

i hope i'm wrong, but evidence suggests otherwise. let's hope that your sauces are correct, and he really is putting in the work for this upcoming season.
RIP, magnumt '19

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Post#235 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:30 pm

honestly we knew, or should have known, that Knox would take at least 3 years to develop

he was picked as the youngest in the draft and was raw-ish

so this is his 3rd year

ive been very unimpressed by him but he may just make a leap this year especially with an assistant coach who he knows, trusts, and who will work with him specifically

I think we should hold onto him as well as frank

time to commit to the building process
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#236 » by jstudabaka » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:39 pm

Yeah, idk, didn't like the Knox pick when they drafted him. Wanted Michael Porter with that pick. He seems like a tweener who doesn't excel at any particular skill. The only encouraging thing I've seen from Knox is that his 3 has gotten better. But I'm leaning bust on him -- his ceiling at this point looks like maybe a guy who can be the 2nd or 3rd off the bench

Return to New York Knicks