ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Kemba Rises From the Ashes. Knicks Still Ass

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,309

Re: PG: Kemba Rises From the Ashes. Knicks Still Ass 

Post#261 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:30 pm

Going all cmgw here, but the reason the Knicks always suck is that any GM always has to appease Dolan.

I mean, Rose was hired by Dolan appeasing HIMSELF.
Dolan was embarrassed by Mills, the Nets, himself in the press, so he fired Mills, hired the "Agent and WWW with all the contacts" to deliver and undo the embarrassment.

So Leon knows he's got to win right away - that's part of the appeasement of Dolan process - enough winning for "progress" but also fannies in seats. Not specifically good team, just one that's "interesting" and again, moves tickets. It's a product, not a team.

Step one is accomplished.
Now the seat for Leon is getting a little warm, since Knicks are losing, but mostly, because Kemba situation is fanning negative articles and also Knicks sucking is about to resurrect "LOL Knicks" in the dailies, twitter, BSPN, etc.
Leon probably staves off his beheading by feeding Perry or Aller to the wolves
Then it comes down to Leon importing a "star" that Dolan feels guarantees asses in seats for 4 or 5 years.
It'll either be a real star or a fake star, it doesn't matter.
Then, eventually, Dolan gets tired of still getting laughed at and fires Leon.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,526

Post#262 » by god shammgod » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicks are like 0-10 in games Kemba didn't play.

Knicks are losing lots of games for lots of reasons.

i don't think there's anyone who you can point to and say he'd make a big difference right now. people will point to bench players but they only played well when on the bench so far. there's really no proof that they would play well as starters. we have seen a number of guys switched to starters and none of them have made a difference. including rose who is clearly the biggest difference make among the vets. the knicks are just deeper than other teams because they spread their money among 7-8 guys instead of 3 or 4 like most teams do. and this gives them a bench advantage on most nights. but their starting unit in any configuration is still one of the worst.

Yea, there is no big difference makers and the team is going nowhere. Just a weird time to take shots at RJ is all I am saying now. I would focus on Randle and the bums who played :lol:

the focus should be on randle because even though there's a lot of other things to nitpick, having your main guy play at an all-star level solves a lot of other problems. and he's not doing that this year. and if i had to guess, he never will again. there's more evidence based on past seasons that he's not that than he is.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#263 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:33 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicks are like 0-10 in games Kemba didn't play.

Knicks are losing lots of games for lots of reasons.

i don't think there's anyone who you can point to and say he'd make a big difference right now. people will point to bench players but they only played well when on the bench so far. there's really no proof that they would play well as starters. we have seen a number of guys switched to starters and none of them have made a difference. including rose who is clearly the biggest difference make among the vets. the knicks are just deeper than other teams because they spread their money among 7-8 guys instead of 3 or 4 like most teams do. and this gives them a bench advantage on most nights. but their starting unit in any configuration is still one of the worst.

Yea, there is no big difference makers and the team is going nowhere. Just a weird time to take shots at RJ is all I am saying now. I would focus on Randle and the bums who played :lol:

I try to be consistent in my posting.
Ok, that's a lie too. :D
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,260

Post#264 » by Reign23 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Did anyone think, while watching the game, "If only RJ were here, he'd have made a big difference"

I didn't think so.

serious question, what the eff has he done to you?
formerly known as knickst4pe
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#265 » by god shammgod » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:36 pm

randle is not giannis where he can dominate so much just attacking that without a jumper he can be an all-star. he has to be able to hit 3s, hit the midrange off a dribble or two. he's lost that. maybe it really was the empty gyms.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,432

Post#266 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Going all cmgw here, but the reason the Knicks always suck is that any GM always has to appease Dolan.

Dolan was embarrassed by Mills, the Nets, himself in the press, so he fired Mills, hired the "Agent and WWW with all the contacts" to deliver and undo the embarrassment.

So Leon knows he's got to win right away - that's part of the appeasement of Dolan process - enough winning for "progress" but also fannies in seats. Not specifically good team, just one that's "interesting" and again, moves tickets. It's a product, not a team.

Now the seat for Leon is getting a little warm, since Knicks are losing, but mostly, because Kemba situation is fanning negative articles and also Knicks sucking is about to resurrect "LOL Knicks" in the dailies, twitter, BSPN, etc.
Then it comes down to Leon importing a "star" that Dolan feels guarantees asses in seats for 4 or 5 years.

Rinse and repeat :banghead:
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,294

Post#267 » by TKKnicks1 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 pm

This **** right here is just another all time low for Knicks fans and there have been plenty over the last 2 decades. We have to sit here and endure watching the only 2 players we don't even want on the team while all the youngins magically get exposed to anthrax. Man does God hate Knicks fans or what?! You can't even make this **** up.
~I Believe!~
Reign23
RealGM

Post#268 » by Reign23 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 pm

can a few of those young players please get 2 **** negative tests?
if we are winning with an all vet lineup against detroit, its a wrap. thibs will bury all of them.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,237

Post#269 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:40 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

the focus should be on randle because even though there's a lot of other things to nitpick, having your main guy play an all-star level solves a lot of other problems. and he's not doing that this year. and if i had to guess, he never will again. there's more evidence based on past seasons that he's not that than he is.

Randle regressing is really our biggest issue especially when we tried building around him and gave him a long term deal. As you mentioned, all the tinkering doesnt do anything cause Randle is still not the 2020/21 Randle. And maybe it was just unfair to expect him to carry the team like that. Its more on management for that. Hopefully they can realize where we stand and don't try to double down on it and make things worse.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,854

Post#270 » by Gravy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Did anyone think, while watching the game, "If only RJ were here, he'd have made a big difference"

I didn't think so.

Depends if we got good RJ or cant hit the ocean RJ

I wanted to see Mcbride or Grimes the most
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,237

Post#271 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:46 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Going all cmgw here, but the reason the Knicks always suck is that any GM always has to appease Dolan.

Yea, it all goes back to Dolan. He never wants a full rebuild plan where we bottom out and start from scratch. It's always remain competitive and try to rebuild at the same time. Hence we focus more on vets then youth and development.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#272 » by god shammgod » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

the focus should be on randle because even though there's a lot of other things to nitpick, having your main guy play an all-star level solves a lot of other problems. and he's not doing that this year. and if i had to guess, he never will again. there's more evidence based on past seasons that he's not that than he is.

Randle regressing is really our biggest issue especially when we tried building around him and gave him a long term deal. As you mentioned, all the tinkering doesnt do anything cause Randle is still not the 2020/21 Randle. And maybe it was just unfair to expect him to carry the team like that. Its more on management for that. Hopefully they can realize where we stand and don't try to double down on it and make things worse.

there were signs management shouldn't have ignored. a guy breaking out at 26 is rare. so how real is it ? the complete meltdown in the playoffs. the empty arenas and players missing so often from covid to give us/him an easier schedule. unless they think he's still easily tradeable so paying him doesn't matter but i'm not so sure he is.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#273 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:52 pm

Knicks young players not organizing a holiday party with Dolan while they had Omnicron, but before testing positive, a big set back.
Only chance team had of getting better.
Even then, no guarantee. But it's like getting into the lottery. Have to be able to hope on the ping pong balls.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#274 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:55 pm

Reign23 wrote:

I didn't think so.

Besides be another in a long line of Knick disappointments?

He's ok. Nothing special. That's the way it goes in the draft, sometimes. At least we went for a period of time where the Knicks kept their picks and were in a position to keep trying. A time that is going to end shortly. Soon the Knicks will be trading away picks like the Knicks teams of yore.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,974

Post#275 » by Chanel Bomber » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

I didn't think so.

He's ok. Nothing special. That's the way it goes in the draft, sometimes. At least we went for a period of time where the Knicks kept their picks and were in a position to keep trying. A time that is going to end shortly. Soon the Knicks will be trading away picks like the Knicks teams of yore.

You're actually being generous.

I love RJ, but he hasn't been "ok" this year. He's been dreadful.

.510 TS% on a 22.4 USG%, yet with barely any shot creation duties (and bottom of the league when he does create) is not "ok".

Ok would be something like .555 TS%, with some ability to create in a pinch.

RJ needs to get his ish together as well.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#276 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:02 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

The more serious issue is not Randle regressing, but WHY. And how. Or the why, what and how he's regressing.

Knicks offense looked ok the first 6 games. It looked good. Obviously early days and scouting reports, I get that.
But then Randle stops buying in. Sure, he got his assists and some numbers, but pretty obviously so no longer buying in.
Does Randle hate playing with these two new guys this much?
More troubling, his effort on defense, boxing out, rebounding, go WAY down.
Is he that mentally weak? Does Kemba/Fournier piss him off that much that he can't put in effort if Fournier isn't? Does he miss towel waving Pinson that much?
Then Kemba is benched, Randle bad body language continues.
Maybe he hates Fournier. Kind of unprofessional then.
The kids come in, inject some life, Randle still kind of half assing around.

It's a big change. His talent level is the same, but the effort is way off. He really ramped it up just to get paid? Seems weird.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,878

Post#277 » by duetta » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:03 pm

I want to see this team with Deuce and Grimes in the rotation - and see how much better they play as a unit with two solid defenders / 3 point shooters in the lineup. It is our defensive collapse this season that has completely undermined this group - and I think this team might be able to right the season if Thibs has the guts to let these guys play (and live with their rookie mistakes). However, for you tankers, they should stay the course...
Reign23
RealGM

Post#278 » by Reign23 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

I didn't think so.

I mean, he is not having a good season. no doubt. but really **** on him after a game in which he didn't play in? :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#279 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Reign23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:serious question, what the eff has he done to you?

I mean, he is not having a good season. no doubt. but really **** on him after a game in which he didn't play in? :lol:

You know I'm a professional pain in the ass sometimes! :D
Reign23
RealGM

Post#280 » by Reign23 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Reign23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

You know I'm a professional pain in the ass sometimes! :D

I'll give you that :lol:

Return to New York Knicks