ImageImageImageImageImage

its time to talk Chris Paul

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,376

Re: its time to talk Chris Paul 

Post#281 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm

if Its Maccri I cant trust it 100%. Can we even discuss trades yet?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#282 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:16 pm

JXL wrote:Are we going to bring a 36 year old PG on an albatross contract, by giving up a young player? If picks are involved, this franchise should be put up for bankruptcy for incompetence.

We are in the same position as them and probably worse. In terms of direction we are in the same position as them. If they get rid of that CP3 contract and gain assets they might be the best front office in the nba. No way we should give up picks. im not down wit giving up on Knox either, hell no.
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,034

Post#283 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:45 pm

1) The value of CP3 went up after a great and healthy season. There are other teams interested. We have to thow assets to get him.

2) Its look like NBA teams dont have a memory. He was an injury prone player for the past 2 or 3 seasons. The odds to keep healthy and in a high level of play are slim. His value has peaked. Its stupid to buy a player when his value is high as ever. The risk is huge.

3) Knciks might plan to give him a 3 year team friendly deal (60/3) to make him opt out in 2021 and bring another high profle player in FA 2021 (Giannis, Oladipo or Jrue). Its a long shot. A player like Giannis has to be crazy to sign with us.

4) I dont think Knicks are to dumb to deal RJ/MItch/Own picks to get CP3. I think we are trying to move Randle and probably Knox or Dennis in this deal. But CP3 will gona cost us the Dalas 21 pick for sure and maybe an another asset like pick 27, Dallas 23, a SRP or Frank.

5) OKC is willing to rebuild and tank. If they trade CP3 for a 33M salary filler, the payroll will be under than 100M. Its enough. They dont want more cap space. They want picks or younger players. If we give OKC aditional cap space, they will try to rent it to get another pick/asset.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
F N 11
RealGM

Post#284 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Richard4444 wrote:1) The value of CP3 went up after a great and healthy season. There are other teams interested. We have to thow assets to get him.

2) Its look like NBA teams dont have a memory. He was an injury prone player for the past 2 or 3 seasons. The odds to keep healthy and in a high level of play are slim. His value has peaked. Its stupid to buy a player when his value is high as ever. The risk is huge.

3) Knciks might plan to give him a 3 year team friendly deal (60/3) to make him opt out in 2021 and bring another high profle player in FA 2021 (Giannis, Oladipo or Jrue). Its a long shot. A player like Giannis has to be crazy to sign with us.

4) I dont think Knicks are to dumb to deal RJ/MItch/Own picks to get CP3. I think we are trying to move Randle and probably Knox or Dennis in this deal. But CP3 will gona cost us the Dalas 21 pick for sure and maybe an another asset like pick 27, Dallas 23, a SRP or Frank.

5) OKC is willing to rebuild and tank. If they trade CP3 for a 33M salary filler, the payroll will be under than 100M. Its enough. They dont want more cap space. They want picks or younger players. If we give OKC aditional cap space, they will try to rent it to get another pick/asset.

2021 draft is stacked . They better take Julius and the clips 1st or stfu and gtfo. We are taking money off of their books I dont care how good CP3 played. They need that money off the books and we are one of the teams capable of doing such a thing. we have no reason to overpay, we control our own destiny not the Thunder.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,786

Post#285 » by iLLmatic860 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:51 pm

As bad as Knox has been. It sounds pretty **** stupid to trade him for a 36 year old pg. He only played 2 seasons lol
F N 11
RealGM

Post#286 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:53 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:As bad as Knox has been. It sounds pretty **** stupid to trade him for a 36 year old pg. He only played 2 seasons lol

Not only that, 2 seasons with terrible coaching. I am not judging anyone until after this year. Fizdale and Steve Mills was that bad....

Numbers dont lie, without Mills we look like an actual nba organization.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,008

Post#287 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:02 pm

If Knox is the only young asset leaving then who cares really. Im not saying I'm in love with these CP3 rumors but the Knicks are gonna upgrade this roster despite my wishes and I'm sure yall can sense that too so its now a matter of how will they do that that best benefits us. I love the Conley rumor but could be total BS and it seems Paul is who we want.

So I sortve have to put out that disclaimer first. But ok we're gonna go after Paul. Kevin Knox isn't really a deal breaker folks. You gotta give up something and don't tell me about contract size, the Knicks can absorb it and Paul still has great value. Its not like you can walk into a bargain and win because of his contract size when he just carried a team in the playoffs. So if you can dump Randle and only give up Knox (within the construct I described) you shouldn't look back.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#288 » by sol537 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Take Randle and send us two 2nd rounders or kick rocks, OKC.

Maybe we can get involved in a 3-way deal that sends CP3 elsewhere. No way I'd give any future 1sts for CP3.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#289 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:1) The value of CP3 went up after a great and healthy season. There are other teams interested. We have to thow assets to get him.

2021 draft is stacked . They better take Julius and the clips 1st or stfu and gtfo. We are taking money off of their books I dont care how good CP3 played. They need that money off the books and we are one of the teams capable of doing such a thing. we have no reason to overpay, we control our own destiny not the Thunder.

They are a tanking team without CP3 and Galo. They dont really need to move salary of the books. They have to spend 90% of the cap space anyway. The cap probably will stay the same or drop little. A projected payroll of 100M is enough. They dont need to save more money. If they had cap space, they would be probably looking for salary dump opportunities.

Other teams like the Bucks or the Sixers will offer a future late FRP or 2. To beat them we have to offer FRPs as well.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
F N 11
RealGM

Post#290 » by F N 11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

They are a tanking team without CP3 and Galo. They dont really need to move salary of the books. They have to spend 90% of the cap space anyway. The cap probably will stay the same or drop little. A projected payroll of 100M is enough. They dont need to save more money. If they had cap space, they would be probably looking for salary dump opportunities.

Other teams like the Bucks or the Sixers will offer a future late FRP or 2. To beat them we have to offer FRPs as well.

Trading 2021 pick is out of the question. Trading a young asset as well imo, esp with actual coaching. If Thunder can find a team like us willing to take on Cp3 so be it. We accumulate all those assets to trade for a young star if possible not Cp3. I actually trust this front office.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#291 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:17 pm

DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:As bad as Knox has been. It sounds pretty **** stupid to trade him for a 36 year old pg. He only played 2 seasons lol

He is a bad player so far who is making 5M/year. Its too much for a reach.

Cap space will be highly demanded this offseason. Dealing Knox, we could sign another a little more polished projected in the same price range like Josh Jackson, Derrick Jones, Melton (RFA) or Skal (RFA). Or even a vet to help CP3.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#292 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:20 pm

IDK i'm not that down on bringing CP in if all it's going to cost is praying that Knox doesn't become anything useful.

CP instantly raises our credibility and will help prop RJ, Mitch and Frank up IMO. I think ultimately this idea that there's a ton of teams willing to trade for him is just smoke... OKC knows they need to attach something in order to get rid of him and I think the Knicks get a 1st out of it (even if it means trading a 2nd back or something of that nature) while also potentially raising the values of their own current assets. I don't know if it's my first choice on what to do this offseason but I don't think it's the worst either.

I have a feeling the Knicks are going to look to move up in next year's draft anyway with all the picks they have and quite frankly the way the lottery is now tanking is just not that attractive of an option anymore to me. The idea of steering a ship to hopefully get a 12.5% chance at Cade just doesn't scream we must do this to me. The unknown of a draft a year out isn't worth not pouncing on an opportunity to get an all time great who is only on the books for 2 years to me. I think there's a better probability that next year's draft is less enticing a year from now then there is of CP3 just imploding :dontknow: And even if CP3 implodes you eat it for a year or he becomes a massive expiring that someone else could take on...

I'd rather look competent for a year with the president of the NBAPA as the figurehead of the Knicks brand and go from there. I don't think this star phucking as much as it is pouncing on a buy low opportunity in a chit hole nba economy
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#293 » by spree8 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:21 pm

I was all for Cp3 (not nearly at this price tho), but now, it’s prob best to just tank one last year for a great draft pick in a great class.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#294 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm

F N 11 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Image

Trading 2021 pick is out of the question. Trading a young asset as well imo, esp with actual coaching. If Thunder can find a team like us willing to take on Cp3 so be it. We accumulate all those assets to trade for a young star if possible not Cp3. I actually trust this front office.

I agree on dealing Dallas 21 pick for CP3 is a stupid high-risk move. But I think its the kind of move they are willing to make to try to change Knicks perception.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#295 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

DOubt it the only reason they'll add 1sts is because they're going to have to pawn off bad salaries to make it work... You really think OKC ownership wants to take on old Horford even if it means an extra first? Good luck selling that to the owner who traded away young James Harden to save money...

I don't think the market for CP is as high as people think it is when you factor in what teams have cap to actually take him in and the actual market of the team selling him.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#296 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Don't get it twisted think about the reason CP3 is actually getting traded... Do you really think after the season and playoff series he just had he would be getting traded if say he was on the Lakers? The Celtics? or a team willing to spend on a playoff caliber team?

17/6.7/5 on 48/36/90 splits? And y'all think this about them getting assets in return? LMAO. Presti isn't stupid he knows whatever he gets back isn't as valuable as CP the player. This is ownership talking. OKC had a surprise year and never thought this would happen. The plan was always to trade CP to save money and maybe get a little something back. Hell they couldn't even agree to pay their coach.

He's getting traded for money reasons ONLY. This idea that Leon Rose is dumb enough not to realize that is COMICAL.
Richard4444
General Manager

Post#297 » by Richard4444 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:09 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:Image

DOubt it the only reason they'll add 1sts is because they're going to have to pawn off bad salaries to make it work... You really think OKC ownership wants to take on old Horford even if it means an extra first? Good luck selling that to the owner who traded away young James Harden to save money...

I don't think the market for CP is as high as people think it is when you factor in what teams have cap to actually take him in and the actual market of the team selling him.

You have to spend 90% of salary anyway. Small market teams dont have Big Free Agents pipe dreams. They know rebuilding is a long term process. Their young core has only Shai, Dort, Beasley and a low pick this year. And west is really tough. They have only one more year of Adams contract. It would take 3, 5 years to be competitive again. Taking bad contracts right now is not a deal breaker.

If there are not positive offers for CP3, I doubt they will trade him.

But I hope you are right and CP3 costs us only Randle/expirings or in the worst-case scenario #27 or a 2RP. But I am a pessimist about it. I think makes sense for a desperate team to throw the dice in CP3. And we have a lot of desperate teams like Bucks, Sixers.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#298 » by Dantares » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Richard4444 wrote:

You have to spend 90% of salary anyway. Small market teams dont have Big Free Agents pipe dreams. They know rebuilding is a long term process. Their young core has only Shai, Dort, Beasley and a low pick this year. And west is really tough. They have only one more year of Adams contract. It would take 3, 5 years to be competitive again. Taking bad contracts right now is not a deal breaker.

If there are not positive offers for CP3, I doubt they will trade him.

But I hope you are right and CP3 costs us only Randle/expirings or in the worst-case scenario #27 or a 2RP. But I am a pessimist about it. I think makes sense for a desperate team to throw the dice in CP3. And we have a lot of desperate teams like Bucks, Sixers.

I'm pretty sure if they took the cap space they could absorb an expiring bad contract every year for the next 3 yrs and get a draft pick every year if they wanted to

Like how does 3 yrs of Horford make sense for 1 late first draft pick? No flexibility, a vet that doesnt want to be there and ends up getting bought out anyways, and less ability to acquire assets. If the goal is to tank and acquire assets cap space gives you that ability.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#299 » by Zenzibar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
F N 11 wrote:

Then the Bucks and Sixers can have his contract.

Stop All Genocides
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#300 » by Zenzibar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Don't get it twisted think about the reason CP3 is actually getting traded... Do you really think after the season and playoff series he just had he would be getting traded if say he was on the Lakers? The Celtics? or a team willing to spend on a playoff caliber team?

17/6.7/5 on 48/36/90 splits? And y'all think this about them getting assets in return? LMAO. Presti isn't stupid he knows whatever he gets back isn't as valuable as CP the player. This is ownership talking. OKC had a surprise year and never thought this would happen. The plan was always to trade CP to save money and maybe get a little something back. Hell they couldn't even agree to pay their coach.

He's getting traded for money reasons ONLY. This idea that Leon Rose is dumb enough not to realize that is COMICAL.

Yes, and for Paul not to want another crack at the Finals says alot about his focus right now. Like, make the money and no expectations.
Stop All Genocides

Return to New York Knicks