ImageImageImageImageImage

Exhibition: Knicks vs Macabbi Tel Aviv at 1 PM

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Re: Exhibition: Knicks vs Macabbi Tel Aviv at 1 PM 

Post#281 » by Jose7 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

I like these young dudes.

Obvious they won't be big time players but it's a hell of a lot better than Jermaine Jacksons, Jamison Brewers, etc.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#282 » by ITGM » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Score?
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#283 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

waya wrote:
kane2021 wrote:I want Landry on this team.

3 rookies on the team :rockon:

Yes sir. And I think he could help at the 2. His body is built like a guard. Guys with this type of heart are born not made.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,148

Post#284 » by waya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:35 pm

ITGM wrote:Score?

101-83
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#285 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

crawford looks like he has to put everything he has into those 3's

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#286 » by TKF » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

kane2021 wrote:
waya wrote:
kane2021 wrote:I want Landry on this team.

3 rookies on the team :rockon:

Yes sir. And I think he could help at the 2. His body is built like a guard. Guys with this type of heart are born not made.

good point.. plus landry is just a ball player... As far as hill goes, he looked good, I don't care if it is preseason and a blowout, if he were doing bad, this board would be going nuts... so kudos to hill. He displayed a nice skillset today..

gallo needs to be more assertive, but he showed off his ability to get to the hoop today, and that he is no pushover on defense.. He really had two good blocks today..
waya
RealGM

Post#287 » by waya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

kane2021 wrote:Yes sir. And I think he could help at the 2. His body is built like a guard. Guys with this type of heart are born not made.

He really is.

An undersized PF who has worked on his handles and shot :clap: . He looks comfortable attacking the basket so he should be able to play the 2 or 3 and also help crash the boards.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#288 » by earthmansurfer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:38 pm

waya
RealGM

Post#289 » by waya » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm

"Have a good shower."

:crazy:
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#290 » by Shemy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm

pretty boring game...shot well in spurts, but overall still shooting poorly...defense still looks good

as i said boring game officiating was pretty bad, @ least 2 of the calls against gallo shouldn't have counted, the whole incident with their coach was just ridiculous

hopefully they can build some kind of confidence on this win

why did darko leave the game????

also the gallo block was pretty sweet
"They scared now"
next2spike
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#291 » by next2spike » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Fan of Danilo, but he just has to assert himself. Take over at some points, drive to the hoop. Bring the ball up here or there. Defense is fine.
WadeKnicks2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#292 » by WadeKnicks2010 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

You people actually watched this game?

And damn this is the kind of team I was hoping Gallo would shine against... Next time I guess.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,708

Post#293 » by knicksNOTslick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm

WadeKnicks2010 wrote:You people actually watched this game?

And damn this is the kind of team I was hoping Gallo would shine against... Next time I guess.

You would rather watch the Giants?
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#294 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I agree on Hill. I think its nerves with him. He is rushing. Yes its trash time but he looked more relaxed without the pressure. Experience is key for this kid. I like the fact that each game is a little better then the last. Not with numbers but spacing and awareness. Good sign.

Gallo is a very good defender. And that explains the fouls. He has to learn to be a little more careful. Last game he played with 4 fouls for a good stretch. So he can do it. I want to see him push on O. But I also have to remind myself that he is a project as well. He is looking down for the 3 point line. That means he is thinking. I would like to see him forget about the line and just take comfortable shots. He showing signs in areas that give me goose bumps. Court vision, IQ, and D. Some good clean blocks.

Landry is the type of kid that you want on your side. Just look at him. There is no BS in that kid. Its all business and all fight. I was worried about his body being undersized. But he is at ease taking the open jumper. And his PF background makes him fearless on drives. I see hughes then look at landry and say to myself I will take a chance with landry as a backup wing option.

kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#295 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:52 pm

waya wrote:"Have a good shower."

:crazy:

I know. I wonder if he was stinking or something. That came out of left field

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,448

Post#296 » by Capn'O » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:56 pm

I will be legitimately pissed if we don't sign Landry... this guy has a place in our SG rotation, imo.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#297 » by BelieveTheDream » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 pm

soo how did douglas and hill look more so hill? saw he had decent numbers
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#298 » by kane2021 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Capn'O wrote:I will be legitimately pissed if we don't sign Landry... this guy has a place in our SG rotation, imo.

When I see him standing next to Hughes, TD, he looks like a guard. I dont think he is bigger then Q. He is only a little bigger then hughes. I really think we can run him there. Talk about a cheap option that you can count on to bring it every night. We are so thin there its almost a no brainier.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#299 » by moocow007 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Some tidbits on both teams...

Knicks:

Jordan Hill looking a lot better...extremely aggressive on the defensive end which, when you consider his elite physical skills, bodes well for the Knicks. Even showed a nice snazzy turnaround jumper. Strong game for him and looks like the same trend he set in SL...slow out of the gate but comes on as the stretch of games continue.

Nate Robinson didn't play much (any?) of the 2nd half but was great at dictating the tempo of the game in the first half when the Knicks pulled away. Looks like he's really bulked up in his upper body which may explain why most of his FT shots looked too strong.

Larry Hughes looks like he's thinking about challenging Eddy Curry to see who can be in worse condition. Sporting a 2nd chin and his face just looks all puffy. I've watched Hughes throughout the years and he's in the absolute worse condition of his career right now. Looks like he's 40 and playing like it (though he did finally make a shot).

Gallinari was ho hum. Had a few nice plays sandwiched in with some bad plays but pretty much invisible still relatively to what most of us are hoping for. I believe he fouled out in about 20 minutes of play. And even Clyde said that Gallinari needs to force the action offensively. Him not getting shots, at least in this game, really didnt' have as much to do with his teammates not passing h im the ball as it does with him passing up offensive opportunities or just not getting into the right position to benefit from a pass.

Jared Jeffries didn't have as good a game as he did against the Nets but was still above his usual par on both ends.

Darko looked like he was about to either pass out or throw up before he made a quick exit to the lockerroom in the first half. Hope he's well (supposedly suffering from an upset stomach).

Al Harrington actually passed the ball!!!! (for the Harrington for Goat crew). :D Made a few nifty passes that got his teammates easy baskets. And was fun when they showed that bit about Harrington during halftime where he was basically cheering guys on during practice.

Toney Douglas needs to not pick up his dribble so early. I think that's going to potentially hinder him more as a backup point then the shooting. Has a tendency to pick up his dribble pass midcourt when pressured which forces him into some passes that, against top NBA teams, will be a problem. But played extremely hard and attacked well.

Same goes for Landry, who, I must say is a really solid looking, extremely hard working, intelligent and skilled young player even though if you look at him physically he looks like one of the guys you see in the park playing half court 3 on 3's.

Wilson Chandler still not finding a feel from 18 out. He may want to try to attack the basket more off the dribble instead of almost forcing up deep 2's and 3's. Especially considering that he appears to have the skills to put the ball on the floor and attack the basket at times. But forcing up jumpers still a bit too much. Very active defensively and with him, Milicic, Jeffries and Hill all extremely active and impressive (relative to what they were in past seasons) defensively there may be hope for the Knicks this season.

Chris Duhon was ok. Not bad. Not great. Still should be the starting PG IMHO until someone else proves otherwise.

David Lee has nice numbers. But you know something? Now that the Knicks have Darko and with Jeffries playing his lights out and Hill coming on strong on the defensive end Lee's weakness as a defender is becoming a lot more glaring. He was awful defensively. Now maybe he's playing the same as he's always played (hope not) and just because there wasn't a point of reference it wasn't as, as noticeable but...now...wow...ouch....something reeks (and it's his defense). Almost as if he doesn't try or doesn't know what to do on the defensive end. And again, why I'll say I'd rather have Robinson than him after this season if I had to pick one of the two.

Tel Aviv:

That Chuck Eidson guy (supposedly one of the "best players in Europe") sucked. Was awful. Couldn't get his shot up against the Knicks defense. When he did he couldn't hit the side of a barn. Defensively a non factor and pretty much did nothing other than complain and look like a prima donna to the camera's.

D'or Fischer (former Center from Michigan I believe) was pretty much the only guy on the Tel Aviv team that prevented this game from being a 40 point blowout with his presense defensively in the paint as well as off the boards on both ends of the floor. If he keeps this up against the other NBA teams in their US swing, he may get some good interest from teams in the NBA. Extremely nice game for him.

Alan Anderson and Doron Perkins looks like they could be NBDL All-Stars. Basically the only other guys able to score consistently.

Stephane Lasme played solid defense harrassing defense early on though I'm still wondering who stole his neck.

And what can be said about their head coach Pini Gershon? What a character. :lol:
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 953

Post#300 » by KnicksManiac » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Tel Aviv's coach was hilarious. Good stuff.

Return to New York Knicks