ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, HerSports85, Capn'O, dakomish23, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: 2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals 

Post#2901 » by Greenie » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 am

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
He had his team up 11 points at halftime against one of the best teams in the history of the league despite being without one of his go to guys in CP3 and they were one half away from a huge upset and a trip to the Finals.

Wait, was he actually expected to wins this series? He squeezed as much as he could from that team, they just weren't good enough.

Look, I just basically said never mind because you can't even see it partially, you state it like there was no adjustments for Mike to make at all and it was all cool that they were jacking bad shots thus reducing it to the team let Mike down. If you see it that B&W I'm not going to try to convince you he could have done better as a coach. I'm out

You mean to tell me the Warriors were taking good shots? Those boys have been chucking and ducking for years now up in GS, the difference is they got shot makers who show up during big games. You're trying to think everything can be an adjustment and the coach is always to blame, Kerr lets his guys jack up crazy shots all the time. What adjustment did Kerr make exactly? Their defense was trash in that 2nd half leaving all those dudes wide open like that, it was suicide. Lucky for them Dantoni's team choked

Mike’s answer to it all was Ryan Anderson...

Yep
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 63,604

Post#2902 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 am

HEZI wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
HEZI wrote:
He had his team up 11 points at halftime against one of the best teams in the history of the league despite being without one of his go to guys in CP3 and they were one half away from a huge upset and a trip to the Finals.

Wait, was he actually expected to wins this series? He squeezed as much as he could from that team, they just weren't good enough. The only adjustment he could have made was to the size of the rim at his teams basket, maybe expand it by a few feet.

They dont even have the personnel without CP3 for inside beasting, this has been their hill to die upon for a while

Exactly!

Harden can get inside at will. They definitely needed Paul's guidance even more than his penetration, because Harden can get inside too. Harden going inside does cause the defense to collapse on him leaving guys or trailers open. But he settled for jacking it in the second half
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,764

Post#2903 » by El Poochio » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 am

Smash3 wrote:Rockets + Bron vs Celtics next year

Rockets will be unstoppable when they get Loris Karius in the summer

B: Melo | Lonzo | D. Banton
B: J. Green | A. Burks | J. Carter
B: Herb | K. Oubre | D. Jones Jr
B: Zion | J. Isaac | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,817

Post#2904 » by god shammgod » Tue May 29, 2018 4:09 am

aq_ua wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
aq_ua wrote:So now do you go to the Rockets and offer them Noah and LT for Anderson and a future draft pick? The Chris Paul window is closing, Houston could use a veteran 3-D player or two right now.

noah and lance doesn't help them. maybe lee does. another shooter. decent defense. is it worth it for us though ? not unless that pick is in the future.

I don't know, if you looks at Lance vs. PJ Tucker, they're very similar players. Lance has some size on PJ so arguably more versatile on defense. Lance is useless for us, but super useful for a contender like Houston trying to match up with GS.

they need people who can hit open shots and defend a little. lance can't really do that. he doesn't have much value. i would give them him for an expiring just to be rid of the contract.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#2905 » by Greenie » Tue May 29, 2018 4:11 am

Phish Tank wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:Dantoni is a fool. Ariza didn't hit ONE damn shot in 42 minutes of play. There has to be some point during a game where you as a coach need to look over at your bench and make an adjustment. He's such an arrogant frustrating man.

to be fair, there's nobody on that bench. next man up is ryan anderson.

that's also on D'Antoni too for never choosing to expand his rotations

Bingo.
Kerr rolling deep. You know why? He plays these guys throughout the year. Meanwhile Mike rolls with the same 7 all year no matter what. Only injury forces his hand and even then, he’s more likely to shorten the rotation.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,393

Post#2906 » by aq_ua » Tue May 29, 2018 4:15 am

god shammgod wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
noah and lance doesn't help them. maybe lee does. another shooter. decent defense. is it worth it for us though ? not unless that pick is in the future.

I don't know, if you looks at Lance vs. PJ Tucker, they're very similar players. Lance has some size on PJ so arguably more versatile on defense. Lance is useless for us, but super useful for a contender like Houston trying to match up with GS.

they need people who can hit open shots and defend a little. lance can't really do that. he doesn't have much value. i would give them him for an expiring just to be rid of the contract.

The Lance hate runs deep, I get it. He has, however, garnered interest around the league before, so I wouldn't be surprised if we cashed that chip in.
https://dailyknicks.com/2017/10/11/knicks-trade-rumors-lance-thomas-generating-interest/
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,484

Post#2907 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 29, 2018 4:15 am

Greenie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
to be fair, there's nobody on that bench. next man up is ryan anderson.

Bingo.
Kerr rolling deep. You know why? He plays these guys throughout the year. Meanwhile Mike rolls with the same 7 all year no matter what. Only injury forces his hand and even then, he’s more likely to shorten the rotation.

Pringles rolled with basically a 5 man rotation for most of the WCF...

Once Pop owned him back in the Phoenix heyday, I knew Pringles would never make it back to the Finals
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,908

Post#2908 » by HEZI » Tue May 29, 2018 4:16 am

Greenie wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Look, I just basically said never mind because you can't even see it partially, you state it like there was no adjustments for Mike to make at all and it was all cool that they were jacking bad shots thus reducing it to the team let Mike down. If you see it that B&W I'm not going to try to convince you he could have done better as a coach. I'm out

You mean to tell me the Warriors were taking good shots? Those boys have been chucking and ducking for years now up in GS, the difference is they got shot makers who show up during big games. You're trying to think everything can be an adjustment and the coach is always to blame, Kerr lets his guys jack up crazy shots all the time. What adjustment did Kerr make exactly? Their defense was trash in that 2nd half leaving all those dudes wide open like that, it was suicide. Lucky for them Dantoni's team choked

Mike’s answer to it all was Ryan Anderson...

Yep

Who else they got?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#2909 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:18 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Bingo.

Once Pop owned him back in the Phoenix heyday, I knew Pringles would never make it back to the Finals

And people wonder why they brick 27 shots in a row. Mike runs people into the damn ground and their legs were shot. THAT'S COACHING. You build your team up during the season so you have more than 5 or 7 guys to call upon in the playoffs. Mike doesn't do that at all
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,393

Post#2910 » by aq_ua » Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 am

Phish Tank wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:

Bingo.

That was always the problem with D'Antoni. A tight rotation gets you a great record during the regular season, but leaves your core guys fatigued for the playoffs and without a bench to rely on when you need it. D'Antoni won't win until he figures that part out.
FemaleDogPlease
Veteran
And1: 1,473

Post#2911 » by FemaleDogPlease » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 am

Harden got tired like he always does. 7/44 from the 3 is just terrible though.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#2912 » by HEZI » Tue May 29, 2018 4:23 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
They dont even have the personnel without CP3 for inside beasting, this has been their hill to die upon for a while

Exactly!

Harden can get inside at will. They definitely needed Paul's guidance even more than his penetration, because Harden can get inside too. Harden going inside does cause the defense to collapse on him leaving guys or trailers open. But he settled for jacking it in the second half

Pretty sure I saw him drive in the lane and score a few times in that 2nd half. He wasn't going to do it every time, that's exhausting especially for a high usage player like him and especially when his team needed some 3s to fall. Ariza was 0-12 man, how can you blame Harden and Dantoni for that?

O for freakin 12
DENVER NUGGETS
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#2913 » by Jstarks3 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:25 am

El Poochio wrote:Kyrie = Curry

Hayward = Klay

Tatum > KD

Jaylen Brown > Iggy

Horford = Dray

Stevens >>> Kerr

And still got Rozier Morris off bench

kill yourself.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#2914 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:26 am

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Exactly!

Pretty sure I saw him drive in the lane and score a few times in that 2nd half. He wasn't going to do it every time, that's exhausting especially for a high usage player like him and especially when his team needed some 3s to fall. Ariza was 0-12 man, how can you blame Harden and Dantoni for that?

O for freakin 12

See the other comments. They were gassed. That's a coaching issue and before you reply that they don't have the personnel, they do have other players, but they rust on the bench and become useless if they are not integrated into the rotation. They bricked so hard because their legs were gone. Mike is not a good playoff coach.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,372

Post#2915 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 29, 2018 4:27 am

Cavs vs. Warriors... the never ending saga.

GG NBA
El Poochio

Post#2916 » by El Poochio » Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 am

Jstarks3 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:Kyrie = Curry

Hayward = Klay

Tatum > KD

Jaylen Brown > Iggy

Horford = Dray

Stevens >>> Kerr

And still got Rozier Morris off bench

kill yourself.

Nearly forgot Smart > Livingston

HEZI
RealGM

Post#2917 » by HEZI » Tue May 29, 2018 4:37 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

O for freakin 12

See the other comments. They were gassed. That's a coaching issue and before you reply that they don't have the personnel, they do have other players, but they rust on the bench and become useless if they are not integrated into the rotation. They bricked so hard because their legs were gone. Mike is not a good playoff coach.

They were gassed? Look at Kerr's rotation and the minutes his guys played. Ariza played less minutes than Curry, Durant and Draymond so how was he gassed? He was gassed from trying to guard Durant maybe :lol:

Ariza still went 0-12 for the entire game, it wasn't just that he struggled in the last quarter, he couldn't score the entire game. That's not being gassed.

The Rockets battled hard and spent all their energy on defense because that was the only shot they had of making it a series. Their defensive energy and effort is what made it a Game 7 instead of a sweep because they simply don't have the talent to match GS. So of course they were going to be tired trying to guard that machine but it was the only chance they had of winning. They got close though, real close, but just failed in the end. It's nobody's fault, they just aren't better than the Warriors.
DENVER NUGGETS
El Poochio

Post#2918 » by El Poochio » Tue May 29, 2018 4:41 am

Pringles fcked up not subbing me in when I was scoring as much as Ariza

El Poochio

Post#2919 » by El Poochio » Tue May 29, 2018 4:44 am

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:

O for freakin 12

They were gassed? Look at Kerr's rotation and the minutes his guys played. Ariza played less minutes than Curry, Durant and Draymond so how was he gassed? He was gassed from trying to guard Durant maybe :lol:

Ariza still went 0-12 for the entire game, it wasn't just that he struggled in the last quarter, he couldn't score the entire game. That's not being gassed.

The Rockets battled hard and spent all their energy on defense because that was the only shot they had of making it a series. Their defensive energy and effort is what made it a Game 7 instead of a sweep because they simply don't have the talent to match GS. So of course they were going to be tired trying to guard that machine but it was the only chance they had of winning. They got close though, real close, but just failed in the end. It's nobody's fault, they just aren't better than the Warriors.

Doesnt change the fact that this is an huge black mark on Pringles career not beating Golden State with Houston Rockets with their best player in the series down

Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#2920 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 am

HEZI wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
HEZI wrote:

O for freakin 12

They weren't better than the Warriors. Let's agree to that

Return to New York Knicks