ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Re: 2017-18 NBA Playoffs - Week 5, Conference Finals 

Post#2961 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 4:54 pm

That little play GS ran twice later in the game where Steph passes it to his man as he dribbles to him on the baseline and runs past him to the corner which creates a temporary screen and then the guy gives it right back to Steph for the three was a good example of GS being better coached than HOU.
ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,180

Post#2962 » by Capn'O » Tue May 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Greenie wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:The Rockets didn't really make the Warriors work on defense. No cuts, off-ball screens, curls, pindowns, nothing....

Mike doesn’t truly have variety in his offense. It’s the fast break, secondary break, his P&R and then iso Harden. Paul truly does help run things. Just like Nash.

Which is why it was truly disappointing to see him go down. Didn't even watch Game 7. The outcome was too obvious.

I still think the Warriors pull it out but I always like to see teams get their best punch in.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,744

Post#2963 » by Handledatruth » Tue May 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:The Rockets didn't really make the Warriors work on defense. No cuts, off-ball screens, curls, pindowns, nothing....

That's the curse of D'Antoni. He gives the keys to Harden and then yells Leggo, Leggo, Leggo in the huddle. He's a coach defined more by the level of the players he has than he is by his coaching ability.

Mike has been dining out on 7 Seconds or Less for close to two decades now. Whatever ideas he once had have been modified and any good coach can outcoach him if they have their own horses too.

Game 6 I watched James Harden shoot 4 straight step back 3s in heavy iso possessions during the third quarter where GS took over. Gave me memories of watching us waste possessions on Raymond Felton dribbling out the clock. Same offense different guards...
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#2964 » by Clyde_Style » Tue May 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Handledatruth wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

That's the curse of D'Antoni. He gives the keys to Harden and then yells Leggo, Leggo, Leggo in the huddle. He's a coach defined more by the level of the players he has than he is by his coaching ability.

Mike has been dining out on 7 Seconds or Less for close to two decades now. Whatever ideas he once had have been modified and any good coach can outcoach him if they have their own horses too.

Game 6 I watched James Harden shoot 4 straight step back 3s in heavy iso possessions during the third quarter where GS took over. Gave me memories of watching us waste possessions on Raymond Felton dribbling out the clock. Same offense different guards...

And that's why I was grinding my teeth for six years here watching that and it was even less dynamic here.

The problem with these guys is their games get so patterned off their natural abilities it breeds egotistical play based on making your difficult makes. They stop evolving and when age catches up to them their games go over a cliff. We saw it with Melo. As soon as Harden can't turn the corner on younger defenders or step back as quickly, he goes from All-Star to liability.

What's sad about Harden is he has shown he can set up guys and if Mike was not going to coach adjustments, then Harden should have the leadership to make them himself.

It makes me wonder how strong Paul's influence is on the team too. He could see the game from the sidelines and he's a smart PG who could help his teammates make the adjustments.

If an old Jason Kidd can be the X factor on the Knicks, then why can't Paul get through to Harden to change up his game in the second half?

Either Paul bit his tongue or Harden had blinders on and even if Paul did say something he was playing like he didn't GAF what anyone said. He just kept jacking along with his teammates.
ImageImageImage
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#2965 » by Besart19 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:24 pm

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Besart19 wrote:.

Now do you understand why Houston playing Anderson was a bad idea?

Ariza was 0-12 while Anderson didnt take a single shot
Strength and Honour!
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#2966 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Besart19 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
Besart19 wrote:.

Now do you understand why Houston playing Anderson was a bad idea?

Ariza was 0-12 while Anderson didnt take a single shot

...and Anderson was exposed on defense the second he stepped on the court. That was the issue. There was no rim runner on offense, making them easier to defend because there was no paint threat, and he KILLED their defense. 67.8 oRTG and 147.8dRTG.

Even though Ariza was missing everything (as was the entire team in the second half), at least he wasn't a weak link on defense.

Return to New York Knicks