ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly - Remi Mini Keys - Pg 3

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Re: PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly - Remi Mini Keys - Pg 3 

Post#301 » by Besart19 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:31 am

Ntilikina - Harper
Teodosic - Kidd
Burke - Murbury
Baker - Ward
Trier - Starks
Thompson - Houston
Dotson - Sprewell
Leonard - Anthony
Harkless - Mason
Zion - Johnson
Thomas - Thomas
Vonleh - Oakley
Mitch - Rasheed
Noel - Camby
Porzingis - Ewing

Plus 2 two-way players :D (Ariza/Chandler and Rice/Gallinari)
Strength and Honour!
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,018

Post#302 » by 8516knicks » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:47 am

reub wrote:Is Knox going to be a boom or a bust? I can't decide.

People usually talk about a prospect's NBA skill. Mitch is D - esp. Rim protection.

What's Knox best skill? (can't be D or shooting)
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,171

Post#303 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:50 am

i didnt even realize tommy attempted 20 free throws last night
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,328

Re: PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly 

Post#304 » by TheGreenArrow » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:53 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

ON THE ROAD TO MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!

kids supposed to be throwing the games?

You consider timmy and kanter kids?? Because thats who led us to victory.

Not frank not knox not mitch, kanter and timmyjr.

Thats not development. Thats called mediocrity.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#305 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:57 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the grizz want a center. they got 20 mill in expiring contracts ? lol

they have the expirings to match. but why would we do that. kanter is expiring too. we might as well get something for our trouble.

Addition by substraction. If we can get a 2nd, great!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,631

Post#306 » by robillionaire » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:17 am

Kanter THJ and Lee for chandler parsons jamychal green and Garrett temple, get it done Perry
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#307 » by Huey Freeman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:43 am

K P 6 wrote:Raptors are a smart veteran team. Their bench would take advantage of our bench defense.

Their bench can beat our starters.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Re: PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly 

Post#308 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 9, 2018 1:59 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

ON THE ROAD TO MEDIOCRITY!!!!!!!

kids supposed to be throwing the games?

You consider timmy and kanter kids?? Because thats who led us to victory.

Not frank not knox not mitch, kanter and timmyjr.

Thats not development. Thats called mediocrity.

they're like 26. all young players to me.

the rotation has to be at least 8 people. when you put guys in you want them to perform.

knox coming off injury. frank and mitch start. frank gets hella burn. only player to start all season so far. mitch doesn't have his legs under him yet.

folks trippin HARD. it's scary.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#309 » by blanko » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:37 am

Ray Williams wrote:
HEZI wrote:If Cleveland lands the Number 1 pick this year I'm gonna puke

THe fix is already in. It was fixed when they got Lebron, and now they’re awarded the all-star game, Zion is going to Cleveland.
The cavs get the #1 pick every ither year

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#310 » by blanko » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:41 am

delvec19 wrote:

I'll bet money on it. Another LeBron leaving parting gift. Kyrie and now Zion.

They also won the lotto with wiggins and traded him to minny for love. They won the lotto 3 times in 10 years... wtf??

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#311 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:44 am

blanko wrote:
delvec19 wrote:

I'll bet money on it. Another LeBron leaving parting gift. Kyrie and now Zion.

They also won the lotto with wiggins and traded him to minny for love. They won the lotto 3 times in 10 years... wtf??

anthony bennett. the GOAT bust?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,627

Post#312 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:49 am

god shammgod wrote:some notes from this new article -
https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/derrick-roses-big-night-gives-knicks-hope-for-mudiays-potential/

1st - a little insight into how often the knicks practice -

Rookie lottery pick Kevin Knox looked tentative and out of sorts Wednesday in his second game back from injury. He was 0 for 6 from the field — 0 for 3 on threes — and was a minus-14 in just nine minutes, leading Fizdale to yank him.

“The kid hasn’t had a full practice,” Fizdale said, referring to a lack of a 5-on-5 scrimmage. “That was my big thing. I still want him to practice. The doctors cleared him to play so this is his practice right now. I like his shots — all down and in. It’s all a matter of time until clicks for him.”

Uncharacteristically, the Knicks scheduled a practice Thursday despite having two days off between games and traveling back late from Atlanta. It might have been with Knox in mind. Knox, who missed 16 days with an ankle sprain, is now shooting 4 of 23 in two games vs. the Hawks. He’s at 30.8 percent overall. That undrafted Allonzo Trier is their most impressive rookie shows again why the draft is a crap shoot.

2nd -
Fizdale is doing whatever he can to stroke the ego of former starting center Enes Kanter, who felt disrespected by getting demoted for a rookie project in Mitchell Robinson. Kanter still is a double-double machine (17 and 11) off the bench. However, Fizdale gave him extra credit for his help defense on Atlanta’s Trae Young, indicating he was just as valuable as Frank Ntilikina. The Frenchman also acknowledged “special credit” to the Knicks center. Fizdale said Kanter has really “taken it to heart” about becoming a better pick-and-roll defender. He’ll never be a shotblocker. Kanter also made it out alive after he somersaulted as he tugged for the ball with equally powerful Miles Plumlee.

“I’m OK right now. I’m trying to get used to my next WWE career,” Kanter joked. “I’m fine. I watch a lot of wrestling so I know how to duck and I know to save my neck.”

Kanter’s spirits are rising. The Turkish big man even requested a hug from a reporter in the locker room after the game.

Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,148

Post#313 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:33 pm

Got to watch the game again early AM. Knox has feet of stone.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#314 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:42 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Got to watch the game again early AM. Knox has feet of stone.

have you always felt that way? because he is currently working his way back from an ankle injury.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#315 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
https://nypost.com/2018/11/08/derrick-roses-big-night-gives-knicks-hope-for-mudiays-potential/

Rookie lottery pick Kevin Knox looked tentative and out of sorts Wednesday in his second game back from injury. He was 0 for 6 from the field — 0 for 3 on threes — and was a minus-14 in just nine minutes, leading Fizdale to yank him.

“The kid hasn’t had a full practice,” Fizdale said, referring to a lack of a 5-on-5 scrimmage. “That was my big thing. I still want him to practice. The doctors cleared him to play so this is his practice right now. I like his shots — all down and in. It’s all a matter of time until clicks for him.”

Uncharacteristically, the Knicks scheduled a practice Thursday despite having two days off between games and traveling back late from Atlanta. It might have been with Knox in mind. Knox, who missed 16 days with an ankle sprain, is now shooting 4 of 23 in two games vs. the Hawks. He’s at 30.8 percent overall. That undrafted Allonzo Trier is their most impressive rookie shows again why the draft is a crap shoot.

2nd -
Fizdale is doing whatever he can to stroke the ego of former starting center Enes Kanter, who felt disrespected by getting demoted for a rookie project in Mitchell Robinson. Kanter still is a double-double machine (17 and 11) off the bench. However, Fizdale gave him extra credit for his help defense on Atlanta’s Trae Young, indicating he was just as valuable as Frank Ntilikina. The Frenchman also acknowledged “special credit” to the Knicks center. Fizdale said Kanter has really “taken it to heart” about becoming a better pick-and-roll defender. He’ll never be a shotblocker. Kanter also made it out alive after he somersaulted as he tugged for the ball with equally powerful Miles Plumlee.

“I’m OK right now. I’m trying to get used to my next WWE career,” Kanter joked. “I’m fine. I watch a lot of wrestling so I know how to duck and I know to save my neck.”

Kanter’s spirits are rising. The Turkish big man even requested a hug from a reporter in the locker room after the game.

i could see kanter in the WWE, both as a special guest and as a performer when he retires from basketball.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#316 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:58 pm

Asked what he has done to reach Mudiay, Knicks coach David Fizdale said: “Confidence. All of them. Not Trey as much, but Emmanuel, and Frank. All of them were lacking the confidence. I really just tried to attack what created that lack of confidence and how do we get you back to a level where you feel like we believe in you and we value you for who you are.

re: BOTP

that's serious right there. a lot said in that sentence.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#317 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:02 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Got to watch the game again early AM. Knox has feet of stone.

have you always felt that way? because he is currently working his way back from an ankle injury.

NO EXCUSES! :D

I think he's looked less than quick injury or not, but yeah, that probably makes it worse.

Right now Knox seems to be mixing below average quickness with poor positioning, so he's not even making up for a shortcoming. I see it every game, but it was really apparent against Prince. He looked to be just about standing still. I'll assume it's a combination of Knox not being all that quick in general, ankle injury and bad positioning. Ankle will heal etc - figured he needs another 5 games. Positioning is work in progress, I'm not expecting anything this year other than marginal improvement - he's a rookie. Quickness as a defender? Who knows, he may never have it, but positioning and some weight training might make it not noticeable.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#318 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:03 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Asked what he has done to reach Mudiay, Knicks coach David Fizdale said: “Confidence. All of them. Not Trey as much, but Emmanuel, and Frank. All of them were lacking the confidence. I really just tried to attack what created that lack of confidence and how do we get you back to a level where you feel like we believe in you and we value you for who you are.

re: BOTP

that's serious right there. a lot said in that sentence.

I wonder if they could teach Mudiay to shoot mid range jumpers like he shoots 3's?

His 3 shot looks good enough. Those jumpers? Is that a hitch AND shooting on the way down?
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#319 » by levendis » Fri Nov 9, 2018 4:10 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

2nd -

i could see kanter in the WWE, both as a special guest and as a performer when he retires from basketball.

Yeah it be a limited role at most. He’s not going to be willing to go through their grueling schedule as an everyday guy

Return to New York Knicks