ImageImageImageImageImage

Planning with Randle on the Knicks

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,889

Re: Planning with Randle on the Knicks 

Post#301 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed May 11, 2022 8:46 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,352

Post#302 » by Iron Mantis » Wed May 11, 2022 9:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Synciere wrote:ESPN just proposed a hypothetical three team trade between the Knicks, Bulls, and Lakers.

Lakers: Zach Lavine

Knicks: Russell Westbrook, 2027 1st Round Pick (presumably from Lakers), 2028 1st Round Pick (presumably from Bulls)

Bulls: Julius Randle, Evan Fournier

Saw this on the Keyshawn, J Will, Max show.. not sure Chicago does this; they’d probably just try to resign Zach themselves, but if he’s determined to leave….

Lol @ ESPN

Bulls and Lakers get the best players, Knicks get Westbroke and a low first and some overrated cap relief that they'll use on...who?

Financial flexibility is nice, yes. But it is addition by subtraction.

Knicks clear the clutter and become a defensively stronger, faster paced team

Quickley starts
RJ takes the reins at SG
Cam or Burks starts at SF
Obi gets to start at PF
Noel or Taj at C if Mitch bails on us

Burks/Cam, Rose, McBride, Sims off the bench
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,751

Post#303 » by Synciere » Wed May 11, 2022 9:40 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
duetta wrote:
Synciere wrote:ESPN just proposed a hypothetical three team trade between the Knicks, Bulls, and Lakers.

Knicks: Russell Westbrook, 2027 1st Round Pick (presumably from Lakers), 2028 1st Round Pick (presumably from Bulls)

Saw this on the Keyshawn, J Will, Max show.. not sure Chicago does this; they’d probably just try to resign Zach themselves, but if he’s determined to leave….

Two #1s and an expiring contract? Sign me up. Neither of those teams is likely to be good in 2027-28. The only thing is you would have to get Dolan's approval to put Westbrook on a very short leash. Those picks would certainly add to the Knicks' ability to make a big trade without gutting our core later on.

There's a few ways to go with this if this were to happen.

1. Play Westbrook, Knicks fans will know that he is a 1 year rental and he will have superb stacks. Will involve teammates and score for knicks. Hopefully won't win too much games where Knicks are embolden to re-sign him. By then, all veteran contracts are gone and RJ is the only long-term extension.

2. Workout a buyout - we play with what we have, draft and use MLE on upgrading

3. Stretch Westbrook's contract his 44m contract which will reduce this year's cap from 44m to 8.8 million for the next 5 years. That will reduce the cap to 35.2 million correct? That will give the Knicks enough cap room to sign Brunson. Once that happens, Dallas will want to do a sign-and-trade. <I hope this doesn't happen> But can someone correct me on this?

I was actually hoping we can trade with the Lakers straight up for Westbrook, stretch him and sign Lavine instead if there's enough space if he wants to come here.

Westbrook only has one year left on his deal, so we can only stretch him for 3 years. I think the rule is double the number of years left plus one is the max. So that means 15 mil not to play for us for three years. I'd rather just bite the bullet and let him play for a year. If he plays well he's still a massive expiring deal come the deadline.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,352

Post#304 » by Iron Mantis » Wed May 11, 2022 9:44 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah Obi isn’t going anywhere Folksssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randles Gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Randle has no clue..thinking everything's sweet, while team "Planning without Randle" is coming to kick the doors in :lol:

evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 17,215

Post#305 » by evevale » Wed May 11, 2022 11:11 pm

forget addition by subtraction, the 2027 and 2028 draft is absolutely loaded w/ top shelf talent -

if we're really lucky we can make a run for the 2030 draft when this stud is available -

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,302

Post#306 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 12, 2022 1:06 am

Synciere wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
duetta wrote:
Two #1s and an expiring contract? Sign me up. Neither of those teams is likely to be good in 2027-28. The only thing is you would have to get Dolan's approval to put Westbrook on a very short leash. Those picks would certainly add to the Knicks' ability to make a big trade without gutting our core later on.

1. Play Westbrook, Knicks fans will know that he is a 1 year rental and he will have superb stacks. Will involve teammates and score for knicks. Hopefully won't win too much games where Knicks are embolden to re-sign him. By then, all veteran contracts are gone and RJ is the only long-term extension.

3. Stretch Westbrook's contract his 44m contract which will reduce this year's cap from 44m to 8.8 million for the next 5 years. That will reduce the cap to 35.2 million correct? That will give the Knicks enough cap room to sign Brunson. Once that happens, Dallas will want to do a sign-and-trade. <I hope this doesn't happen> But can someone correct me on this?

I was actually hoping we can trade with the Lakers straight up for Westbrook, stretch him and sign Lavine instead if there's enough space if he wants to come here.

Westbrook only has one year left on his deal, so we can only stretch him for 3 years. I think the rule is double the number of years left plus one is the max. So that means 15 mil not to play for us for three years. I'd rather just bite the bullet and let him play for a year. If he plays well he's still a massive expiring deal come the deadline.

I would bite the bullet too because we have stretched players before on their last year too, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again.

Is it really the case now that it is 3 years? Can someone also confirm this as well.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,498

Post#307 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:10 am

thebuzzardman wrote:

Lol @ ESPN

Bulls and Lakers get the best players, Knicks get Westbroke and a low first and some overrated cap relief that they'll use on...who?

I'd still take that deal yesterday.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#308 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:12 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Lol @ ESPN

Dude those 2 lakers 1st rd picks will be two of the most coveted assets in the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knicks take that and run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was one pick. Two? Ok, might be interested.

Sorry buzz but id trade u in the deal to get Randle off this team... We still be cool tho :)
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#309 » by moocow007 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:06 pm

Jeffrey wrote:I see a lot of posts (including me) that have Randle off our team for someone's star or just throwing him away. What is your plan (prediction) WITH Randle staying with us? Reading about what Leon Rose said regarding Randle, it sounds like they may keep him if his value is low.

Go ahead folks, what would you like to happen if Randle stays with the team?

I would expect that IF the Knicks go heavy after Brunson that the plan will be to pair him WITH Randle in the hopes that getting Randle away from having to continue to basically be the defacto PG of the Knicks will get him back to closer to being MIP Randle. Yeah, I know, say it ain't so. But let's be realistic here. Likely having to overpay to land Brunson is basically a "doubling down" move where the hand you already have is centered around Randle. The notion that they are thinking pairing Brunson with RJ as some sort of move for the future is a bit farfetched if not looking through rose colored glasses.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,422

Post#310 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu May 12, 2022 2:46 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

I would bite the bullet too because we have stretched players before on their last year too, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they did it again.

Is it really the case now that it is 3 years? Can someone also confirm this as well.

Synciere has the rule correct. Confirmed.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,650

Post#311 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 12, 2022 3:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:I see a lot of posts (including me) that have Randle off our team for someone's star or just throwing him away. What is your plan (prediction) WITH Randle staying with us? Reading about what Leon Rose said regarding Randle, it sounds like they may keep him if his value is low.

Go ahead folks, what would you like to happen if Randle stays with the team?

I would expect that IF the Knicks go heavy after Brunson that the plan will be to pair him WITH Randle in the hopes that getting Randle away from having to continue to basically be the defacto PG of the Knicks will get him back to closer to being MIP Randle. Yeah, I know, say it ain't so. But let's be realistic here. Likely having to overpay to land Brunson is basically a "doubling down" move where the hand you already have is centered around Randle. The notion that they are thinking pairing Brunson with RJ as some sort of move for the future is a bit farfetched if not looking through rose colored glasses.

I think they are looking to build around RJ/Randle. I'm not trying to fool myself that they are going to trade Julius. I don't trust that they do anything that makes sense this summer. I just can't. After last summer...I would have fired everyone! 100% failure. I am not looking forward to what they do this summer at all.

Then there's the HC. I don't want him here anymore. I hate a lot...if not all of what he does as a HC.

I fail to see a direction that makes sense. It doesn't seem like the HC and the FO are on the same page. It doesn't seem like the FO knows how to build a roster at all. I know what I would do going forward. I know I wouldn't have done ANY of what they did last summer. I don't know that they will do anything other than disappoint again.
:beer: RIP mags
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,595

Post#312 » by sol537 » Thu May 12, 2022 3:40 pm

Let's assume the front office is going to keep Randle... for arguments' sake.

Let's also assume they are hot on Brunson and that Brunson will steer his way to NY for a hefty pay day. We'd have to send back, at minimum, Mitch Robinson and possibly more. So let's argue that it's MRob and some draft compensation.

Let's also assume that a guy like Beal or Zach Lavine become available via trade but at a hefty price. I could see the front office going after either of those types and let's say that the starting package would be Obi + IQ + picks (and veteran salaries like Burks to match incoming salary). So let's say Lavine steers his way to NY for a S&T deal where we send back Obi + IQ + Rose + Burks + a load of picks to lock in Lavine or a guy like Beal.

And then let's argue that we use the MLE for a guy like Rubio or Tyus Jones to bolster the back-up PG position.

So we end up giving Thibs another year or two with more talent to see what he can do...

Noel / Sims
Randle
RJ
Lavine (or Beal)
Brunson / Jones

So that team is locked into Randle + Lavine + Brunson long-term and RJ would likely be extended so a 4-man core locked in long term with far less youth and picks left in the cupboard. Realistically, that team could peak to 50-55 wins, if healthy, and maybe 2nd round exists but they'd compete. Not an ideally built championship contender but far more talented than what we have now and would/could be together for a 4-5 seasons run. I don't advocate for something like this, but this is the type of angling Leon Rose and WWW were brought in to achieve. Get to being a 50-win team at whatever cost... and then go from there.

That is LIKELY the order from Dolan. None of this shed vets (like Randle/Rose) and continue the youth movement business. It's going to be shed the youth and picks and build around Randle + RJ and other "talented" pieces...
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,193

Post#313 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 13, 2022 12:27 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,328

Post#314 » by TheGreenArrow » Thu May 19, 2022 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Thibs is all in on Obi now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,248

Post#315 » by BBALLER4FR » Thu May 19, 2022 10:15 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

John Malkovich after a coke laden 15 minutes.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,378

Post#316 » by F N 11 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:28 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Typical Knicks move
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#317 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:41 pm

This and1 system ia so annoying... It needs to be green if pressed it already. Always un and1
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,112

Post#318 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu May 19, 2022 10:42 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Starting to get Nicks Foles-Carson Wentz vibes with this backup QB situation
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#319 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:47 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good Randle GET THE **** OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! !
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,889

Post#320 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri May 20, 2022 12:01 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

John Malkovich after a coke laden 15 minutes.

Perfect :lol:

Return to New York Knicks